Multiplat Doom: Eternal

Remove this Banner Ad

The Marauder's kicked my ass and it took me 20+ minutes to beat them everytime they came out (was playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty). A couple times I absolutely fluked it and killed them quickly, once the Marauder glitched and I was able to shot gun it without his shield (that was the greatest moment in the game for me - such a relief).

Top 5 FPS ever. Bring on the next Doom. Or DLC.

To make the Marauder fights easier, don't shoot him when he has the shield up - this will summon the dog.

Keep him mid range and wait for him to attack with the green eyes, then super shotgun and ballista him as he's staggered.

I was replaying one of the levels and took him out with one fully charged ballista destroyer blade shot, pretty much a fluke.

Playing it a solid 6 weeks, still haven't finished it, rage levels, q what is the easiest and quickest area in a previous level to find a 1up ? (I keep dying on a bit where Arch Vile appears and keeps summoning demons after you waste a lot of ammo dealing with a HellKnight and Baton of Hell and only have one bit of BFG ammo.

Intense is right, dunno how they can top this for the PS5 or if they will try update another ID Software classic (Quake)

Playing it a solid 6 weeks, still haven't finished it, rage levels, q what is the easiest and quickest area in a previous level to find a 1up ? (I keep dying on a bit where Arch Vile appears and keeps summoning demons after you waste a lot of ammo dealing with a HellKnight and Baton of Hell and only have one bit of BFG ammo.

Intense is right, dunno how they can top this for the PS5 or if they will try update another ID Software classic (Quake)

Archvile should be the number 1 priority if they're around. Use the ice bomb on them and let loose as much as you can before it unfreezes.

As for the extra lives, not sure, easiest one I can think of is behind King Novik's throne in Exultia.

Don’t think it’s a weapon, per se, just a tool for glory kill cinematics.

I did follow through with my promised day-one purchase early in the thread, and after playing a lot - at least for an old man like me - I’m ready to have my say.

It’s... ok.

Good, even. But it’s no 2016. It’s actually a very different game. And I don’t just at that because it’s an actual different game. A sequel, even. The gameplay has a shapely different feel.

They really leant in to the ‘challenge room’ aspects which I have never been a big fan of. I hate doing 3/4 hard things and then having to start again on failing 4/4. It’s cheap. Not fun.

The complexities of this on nightmare means by the ends it’s not 4 things - it feels more like those mobile games where’re you have to prepare and cook food for customers on a timer. It’s just an anxiety simulator. Guys, I get to feel inadequate and manage my time poorly 10 hours a day, I don’t need that to seep into my own time.

I mean, it’s not bad, but it’s like they picked a specific way to play in the first one and locked that in for the second... which sucks for those who approached it differently.

I liked the resources management. That rhythm was satisfying. Didn’t like the more-cartoony aspects. Thought that was better balanced in the first one.

Battlemode’s not great. I like that they tried something. I still play it al the time to get the season skins. Don’t think I’ve missed any beyond the paid, twitch and slayers club ones.

I miss snapmaps. I miss the traditional al multiplayer (which was better before 6.66). I was really looking forward to engagement mode and... * all has happened? Bit of a rip that.

TLDR - 7.9/10 not bad would play again

I don't think I have ever hated a game at the start and loved it by the end as much as this

I started it back in Nov/Dec and was up to level 2/3, but had to put the PS4 away for a few months with other commitments

During that time I reflected on it being much poorer than Doom 2016

Picked it back up in Apr/May and finished it last week... what a masterpiece it ended up being

Once it clicks and you adapt to the combat - constant movement, grenades/ice + chainsaw, using appropriate gun mods for specific enemies, even destroying marauders easily - it becomes one of the greatest gaming experiences

Currently halfway through the campaign on Extra Lives mode - without enemies dropping health actually makes it an even more immersive experience

10/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back