Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we even farking about talking about draft assistance, PP’s & number 1 draft picks next year when history tells us we will **** it up anyway like we did with this guy … 2 drafts ago .
View attachment 1418125
How the * do you know after 2 years (Will has been injured in Year 2 anyway), that we have made a bad call.

Watch a youtube vid of Will's highlights last year. Pretty good for a teenager.

Not saying Logan wont be great.

He might be special...

But why would you write off Will after 1 year?

Because Derwayne said ?

How the **** do you know after 2 years (Will has been injured in Year 2 anyway), that we have made a bad call.

Watch a youtube vid of Will's highlights last year. Pretty good for a teenager.

Not saying Logan wont be great.

He might be special...

But why would you write off Will after 1 year?

Because Derwayne said ?
Panic hysteria outrage

Some posters have lost their bundle

West coast have a couple of wins in them and unfortunately it will mean we finish bottom again. From a draft assistance point of view it could be a good thing but knowing the afl and the likelihood we will be assisted accordingly, I think we should not set high expectations.

Someone mentioned previously that it may be better we finish 17th than last this year as the optics of getting pick 2 and 3 PP is more manageable in afl media perspective than 1 and 2. I just cannot see us not getting something now . There was discussion about the possibility last year and we’ve won 1 game this year and been destroyed over the last 8-9 weeks. As a brand the afl cannot continue to have 1 of there 9 games as unwatchable.

Someone mentioned previously that it may be better we finish 17th than last this year as the optics of getting pick 2 and 3 PP is more manageable in afl media perspective than 1 and 2. I just cannot see us not getting something now . There was discussion about the possibility last year and we’ve won 1 game this year and been destroyed over the last 8-9 weeks. As a brand the afl cannot continue to have 1 of there 9 games as unwatchable.
Yeh that was me

And agree we will definitely get something the question now is how many priority picks

8 wins across the last 3 seasons and 2 years prior to that 1 win off the spoon should demand multiple picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality is we probably aren’t winning another game this year. That puts us at same level GWS first year and we know what kind of draft concessions they received.

Might be a mid first rounder if we keep losing by 30 plus on the run in.

We’ve surely locked in at least 1 pp

Question is can we get more
We wont get bugger all. The system is designed to assist celler dwellers to get back up and our knuckleheads trade our 2nd rounder and swap the 3rd wjen we are locks for another spoon. Makes me angry. I can accept weeks of dissapointment but years genuinely annoys me.

My hunch is the Walsh appointment might have a bit of AFL “approval” and might be the first cog in a few AFL “friendly” appointments.

This is ironic as when they did the same at Brisbane it was to bring in G Swan, C Fagan and D Noble. They also had a hand in P Roos going to Melbourne with Peter Jackson.

When are the TV rights up? Literally every game we play is not worth watching atm outside of us as North supporters. This is going to effect dollars at negotiations for next rights deal

Should get pick 1+2 at this rate. Pick 11 only would be laughable.
Yep.

I still reckon the AFL will soft out and do something more mid round. If they're smart they'd be telling us now unofficially that they will be giving us say 2 extra list positions with an extra few hundred k per player (outside our cap) for the next 3 years to enable us to explicitly attract FA's with big fat paychecks to 2-3 proven senior players in their prime.

Yep.

I still reckon the AFL will soft out and do something more mid round. If they're smart they'd be telling us now unofficially that they will be giving us say 2 extra list positions with an extra few hundred k per player (outside our cap) for the next 3 years to enable us to explicitly attract FA's with big fat paychecks to 2-3 proven senior players in their prime.
Honestly, to attract anyone at the moment we would have to pay massive overs. God father type overs imho.

Let's say we tendered for McStay, we'd have to offer a 6 year deal at 800k to get him to look our way. Basically a deal until retirement that sets him up for life.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly, to attract anyone at the moment we would have to pay massive overs. God father type overs imho.

Let's say we tendered for McStay, we'd have to offer a 6 year deal at 800k to get him to look our way. Basically a deal until retirement that sets him up for life.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree on the overs. That's why I say if they're smart they'd be telling us what we can put on the books / list now. No point waiting until end of year to tell us we have an extra $500k a year to spend on players and extra list positions - it will be too late to attract these FA's then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back