List Mgmt. Draft Part 3- Post Draft Edition: Has pace, good kick

But how exactly did it happen?

original.gif

I'm pretty confused about how we managed to trade our fourth rounder from next year too. We'd traded our first, so the rest were meant to be OUT OF BOUNDS bt.gif

AFL probably invented a new loophole for us, saying you can do it if you have an extra earlier pick. Or some bullshit.

We had 2 x 3rd rounders which is why I suspect we were allowed to trade our 4th rounder. In essence we’re better of with a second, two thirds and no fourth than one of each

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles

16. WEST COAST EAGLES gain Pick 58. ESSENDON gains a future fourth-round pick.

Seems quite generous on Essendon's part. Has Dodoro get his maths wrong?
Pick 58 for at best a pick 55 (if we win spoon) at worst 73 :think:

EDIT: Just noticed that their last pick was an NGA selection, so they traded a pick they were never going to use for something that they might use next year.
Fair nuff.

Seems quite generous on Essendon's part. Has Dodoro get his maths wrong?
Pick 58 for at best a pick 55 (if we win spoon) at worst 73 :think:

735B6CCD-1745-4F66-B1FE-39BAA4CF15D0.jpeg

They slid back a total of 5 spots in the draft, most likely got the player they wanted to take anyway and got an extra 2020 pick for their trouble, albeit a bit of a junk one

Royals

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
So do we think we will offer Pickett a shot? I reckon if we did it would cap off a pretty strong draft considering the picks we had. Do we think he could step up and do Willie's role and rotate into the middle coming off a fwd pocket or hff? Or does he have no tank?

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

surely if he could all that, he would have been drafted or rookied already ?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm pretty confused about how we managed to trade our fourth rounder from next year too. We'd traded our first, so the rest were meant to be OUT OF BOUNDS bt.gif

AFL probably invented a new loophole for us, saying you can do it if you have an extra earlier pick. Or some bullshit.

The rule is a simple one. You can't trade a future 1st and a future 2nd without having an extra future 1st or 2nd.

It basically means you can't trade totally out of future 1st and 2nd rounds.

So our future 1st and a future 4th is fine.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks for replies guys.
Ninja edit on my post before the reply though, i figured out their motivation..
They got #63 as an NGA so traded a pick they were gonna pass on anyway for a future pick they might use.

I also wonder, with so many academy players next year (early in the draft, as well as through the middle) if the thought process is that rnd 1 and 2 picks are worth a bit less as they will be pushed back - but rnd 4 & 5 picks may end up being in the 50's as so many of the middle range picks will be hoovered up in the bidding process.

Back