News Draft Prospects 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah not sure some of those names are mid rotations that we could hang our hats on. You can remove Jacques and Dargan totally from that list. Your not going to win too much footy with them in the middle.

Sophie Molan will have to take the next step and I’ll back her in to do this.

Burchell and Dempsey are on a wing. Lavey is an outside line breaker.

You guys have convinced me to be on the Slender train but to be honest I think we are still a mid or two down and if our first pick is a true mid I wont be too disappointed.

"Your not going to win too much footy with them in the middle."
"but to be honest I think we are still a mid or two down and if our first pick is a true mid I wont be too disappointed."

This was your draft TigermanM2, i dips my hat to you
Stella Reid 173cm midfielder/forward
Emelia Yassir 160cm forward/midfielder
Meagan Kiely 168cm midfielder
Ingrid Houtsma 176cm winger
The recruiting/list manager certainly saw it your way
Stella Reid & Emelia Yassir can easily slot in the FWD line & Meagan Kiely thru the midfield in round 1
Ingrid Houtsma will take a bit of time, but you really nailed our needs in this draft
Well done, you champion :praying: :praying: :praying:

Could you see the others in r1 side , assuming , Jess hocking , Shevlin and, king are 🔐

Yep Meagan Kiely 100% & Stella Reid & Emelia Yassir sure why not, i think they'll make our side better
S. & J.Hosking, Conti, McKenzie & Kiely looks a hard, tough, skillfull ball winning midfield

"Your not going to win too much footy with them in the middle."
"but to be honest I think we are still a mid or two down and if our first pick is a true mid I wont be too disappointed."

This was your draft TigermanM2, i dips my hat to you
Stella Reid 173cm midfielder/forward
Emelia Yassir 160cm forward/midfielder
Meagan Kiely 168cm midfielder
Ingrid Houtsma 176cm winger
The recruiting/list manager certainly saw it your way
Stella Reid & Emelia Yassir can easily slot in the FWD line & Meagan Kiely thru the midfield in round 1
Ingrid Houtsma will take a bit of time, but you really nailed our needs in this draft
Well done, you champion :praying: :praying: :praying:

The main thing as you said our draftees combined with our trades will improve us enormously.

Spots in the team will be so much harder to get.

Yep Meagan Kiely 100% & Stella Reid & Emelia Yassir sure why not, i think they'll make our side better
S. & J.Hosking, Conti, McKenzie & Kiely looks a hard, tough, skillfull ball winning midfield

Be surprised if Stella Reid played Round1, but Kiely should and Yassir will really put the pressure right on Stahl.

Be surprised if Stella Reid played Round1, but Kiely should and Yassir will really put the pressure right on Stahl.

Stahl?

Pressure will be on Jacques, Dargan and a couple of others before we get to Stahl.

I like what Reid brings, finds ball plenty of times, great tank on her can run all day & that lethal left foot, whether it's hitting Forwards lace out or slotting long goals herself
The thing about Reid & Yassir is they play that link up role from def to fwd & can do it all day
They both can kick goals, Yassir more pressure, tackling & Reid more run & carry
Bonus is both can run some midfield time as well
Kiely for me is the stand out pick for here & now as a inside mid, will give Conti more time on the outside, makes sense why we didn't go Ling/Craven
Her numbers this year in the VFLW in a middling North team where she didn't get much help, are insane 343 disposals 74 marks 75 tackles in 14 games
27 yo (Hoskings are 26 yo) this year can see her being a great asset for 4 - 5 years no major injuries permitted
I'll stick my neck out & say we'll have more chance of kicking more goals with Reid/Yassir than Stahl/Bernardi as fwds

Stahl?

Pressure will be on Jacques, Dargan and a couple of others before we get to Stahl.

Yep more Jacques, Dargan, Burchell, but i wouldn't say Stahl & especially Bernardi are safe
Reid & Yassir can be serious goal kicking fwds, hopefully the pressure is on to perform, no safe spots anymore it seems

Reckon little yassir will be given every chance early , when I pictured in my mind what we desperately lacked , it was her type , quick and skilled , a player that could leave oppo in their wake , bit like rivals have done to us
I could see Stella getting a game too just looks light on so see how she adapts to senior footy early ,,, tis exciting and credit to the club adding resources to AFLW program , we re determined to make our mark , let’s go tigers

Yep more Jacques, Dargan, Burchell, but i wouldn't say Stahl & especially Bernardi are safe
Reid & Yassir can be serious goal kicking fwds, hopefully the pressure is on to perform, no safe spots anymore it seems
Reid I’d hope could replace Bernadi. Stahl Improved a tad , Jacques and dargan are two that come to mind that are real battlers and I’d hope our trades will replace for the better. Birchall could do some nice things but disappears to often

yeah not safe but if Stahl can keep being that dangerous small forward she isn’t at the front of the list of players under pressure to hold their place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like what Reid brings, finds ball plenty of times, great tank on her can run all day & that lethal left foot, whether it's hitting Forwards lace out or slotting long goals herself
The thing about Reid & Yassir is they play that link up role from def to fwd & can do it all day
They both can kick goals, Yassir more pressure, tackling & Reid more run & carry
Bonus is both can run some midfield time as well
Kiely for me is the stand out pick for here & now as a inside mid, will give Conti more time on the outside, makes sense why we didn't go Ling/Craven
Her numbers this year in the VFLW in a middling North team where she didn't get much help, are insane 343 disposals 74 marks 75 tackles in 14 games
27 yo (Hoskings are 26 yo) this year can see her being a great asset for 4 - 5 years no major injuries permitted
I'll stick my neck out & say we'll have more chance of kicking more goals with Reid/Yassir than Stahl/Bernardi as fwds
Good call , Reid’s marking impressed me most , quite tall for AFLW , I reckon in time will be very good across HF line.

Reid I’d hope could replace Bernadi. Stahl Improved a tad , Jacques and dargan are two that come to mind that are real battlers and I’d hope our trades will replace for the better. Birchall could do some nice things but disappears to often

i think getting some quality players will do wonders for the likes of Burchall and Brancatisano.

Will need to be more consistent

Saw improvement in branc so here’s hoping a few others like Hannah and Molan can catch on too

Yep did improve.

Super handball to Ellie when she went on that run down the wing down at Geelong.
Saw a few of those from Maddy through the season. Has skill and can run.

Oh can play too , don’t let the blonde hair deceive both tough and hard at it

Wholesome nature off the field but a mean streak on it.

We are so fortunate they are Tigers

Thanks for all the content on the draft guys. Brilliant stuff.

Can’t say it’s an area I know well and definitely got to know the draftees better by reading your comments which made me track their progress more closely.

:thumbsu:

Yay Ingrid Houtsma (Tall Utility) my girl, real X - factor, & enormous upside :)

Bloody great get Stan. You picked her a long way out.

Pretty much reinforces your credentials in this space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back