Drawing a line with home intruders and self defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Poverty?

Lack of mental health resources?
Puuleease, give me a break.
A distinct lack of respect for society, authority and the Australian society.
The statistics above don't lie, assimilation is a 2 way street. Have you spoken to any Police in the Western suburbs of Melbourne?

The statistics above don't lie, assimilation is a 2 way street. Have you spoken to any Police in the Western suburbs of Melbourne?

But... I also have a lack of respect for authority.

And what exactly is "the Australian society" in your view?

There are definitely issues with refugees from war torn areas. We disagree on the response to this.

But this thread isn't about that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

LOL. Your wasting your breath crash. They refuse to acknowledge that the general Sudanese community are causing significant issues (putting it lightly) even when the evidence is yelling at them and banging their head into the table. The only response I got was personal abuse. Why they even have these forums open for debate is beyond me.

LOL. Your wasting your breath crash. They refuse to acknowledge that the general Sudanese community are causing significant issues (putting it lightly) even when the evidence is yelling at them and banging their head into the table. The only response I got was personal abuse. Why they even have these forums open for debate is beyond me.

By 'general Sudanese Community', you mean teenagers....Right?

Sudanese customs,from personal experience all be it limited but actual,unlike some in this thread,are vastly different to our own.
Doesn't mean they can't assimilate.
But of course it is why they form enclaves of their own community in which to continue their own customs,lifestyles,history,language etc.
All immigrants have done this,the English,Dutch etc who landed first and didn't assimilate into aboriginal society.
All the Sudanese kids I met were adorable intelligent,funny,talented and an absolute pleasure to be around.
I did notice some issues with a couple of the teenage boys and that they were more difficult to engage,but that most likely could be just teenagehood.
Some of the young teenage girls did find that the Australian way of life did conflict with Sudanese customs.
They are a beautiful people and hopefully as a community we can both help to overcome a few fringe teenagers and the obvious elder ones that are more than likely instigating the majority of these crimes being committed.

This trouble in Victoria started with the appointment of Robert Hulls as Attorney General, who forced his extreme SJW views onto the state by getting rid of most of the reasonable judges and magistrates andreplacing them with his SJW extremist mates.

Skipped Chapter III of the Constitution, did we?

Even if he did have the power to "get rid of judges", I happened to be working in the courts during Hulls' term as AG, and I can assure you that there was no such exodus.

Indeed, the most pro-defence appointment in recent years, which has had a significant deleterious effect on the law in Victoria IMO, was to the Court of Appeal in 2012 - under the "tough on crime" Liberal government.

The reason why topics like this can't be discussed properly is because of silly and uninformed views from both extremes.

Last edited:
According to reddit, Hero Ben Batterham has had a nervous breakdown. Totally unfair that a law abiding man can have his life ruined and that the rights of the dead criminal and his family should even be considered when he deserved his fate.

According to reddit, Hero Ben Batterham has had a nervous breakdown. Totally unfair that a law abiding man can have his life ruined and that the rights of the dead criminal and his family should even be considered when he deserved his fate.
Reasonable force. Look it up.

It is tragic for all parties. But ... reasonable force. That's the law.

Odd law when you consider one will have no idea what the intention is of the intuder who has broken into your house at 3am and wakes you and your family. Do they just want your car? Do they want to rape your wife? Do they want to kill? Guess you just need to politely ask them before deciding what reasonable force is going to entail in the circumstances.

Odd law when you consider one will have no idea what the intention is of the intuder who has broken into your house at 3am and wakes you and your family. Do they just want your car? Do they want to rape your wife? Do they want to kill? Guess you just need to politely ask them before deciding what reasonable force is going to entail in the circumstances.

But that’s not what happened here.

Once the intruder is gone you don’t chase them and kill them.

The court decides whether what they did was excessive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anybody ever been sent to prison for assaulting an intruder that confronted them instead of surrendering or fleeing the scene? Short of shooting a would-be-robber that got stuck in your window at point blank or, as in this case, chasing somebody down the street and bashing them to death, think pretty much any other recourse of action is fair game.

People would have a lot less confusion over self-defence if they weren't mixing it up with revenge and spite. Confronting an intruder and killing them in the ensuing scuffle = actually legal. Confronting an intruder who promptly surrenders but beating the s**t out of them with a golf club because they disrespected your house = not okay.

Yes, I understand that and agree with the ruling in that matter.
As to reasonable force, it's a bit of a gamble.

Which is why the general advice from people in the know is that you break off once the immediate threat to yourself or others is gone. Don't try to detain them for the cops - let them run, then your risk ends.

Long term threat? I don't know. It's a tough question isn't it? If a husband is abusing his wife and she sees no other option but to kill him in his bed before he eventually murders her, did she act in self defence?

Everyone on my Facebook feed has concluded that he is a scumbag who deserves to die because he broke into a house.

I need to know more details on the how and why before I jump to such an ill thought out conclusion on the deceased.

Everyone on my Facebook feed has concluded that he is a scumbag who deserves to die because he broke into a house.

I need to know more details on the how and why before I jump to such an ill thought out conclusion on the deceased.

I don't, * this scumbag. He got what he deserved, as a father myself I'd stop at nothing to put an intruder out of my house or incapacitate them.
Sounds like he was pretty weak as piss for a bloke that's being talked up as a bodybuilder, persoal trainer and mma fighter.

But... I also have a lack of respect for authority.

And what exactly is "the Australian society" in your view?

There are definitely issues with refugees from war torn areas. We disagree on the response to this.

But this thread isn't about that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
"But... I also have a lack of respect for authority."

That's funny Chief. You have a lack of respect for authority and yet you and many of your appointed mods on BF run this website likes its Nazi Germany in 1939, disallowing difference of opinion. What gives with the hypocracy?

Last edited:
My guess is he was heavily drug/alcohol affected, somehow got lost and entered a random house.
It looks like that was the case. He didn't break in to commit a crime; he was just out of his brain. That said, he got what he deserved. The moment you enter someone's house/castle the gloves are off. The occupant needs to do whatever he needs to do and more to protect his family.

"But... I also have a lack of respect for authority."

That's funny Chief. You have a lack of respect for authority and yet you and many of your appointed mods on BF run this website likes its Nazi Germany in 1939, disallowing difference of opinion. What gives with the hypocracy?
Lol what has this got to do with the topic at hand?

Taking things a bit seriously aren’t you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back