Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I will try to be serious.

Martin potential Gun and all is a player Richmond's list can already cover. So no. Trade hard, trade well and get the best that the club can and move on.

I don't think you are giving Magic enough credit. My answer is yes. Whilst you may all think differently, our best 22 is not good enough to come close to a premiership. With Martin gone, our already inadequate list takes a huge hit.

I'd really like us to give Bean, McDonough, Elton, Griffiths, Helbig and Darrou lots of game time next year. If we get pick 2 as Magic said, Aish/Boyd might get a lot out of being gifted 22 games.

Exactly we can survive past Dusty if we get pick 2+.

In fact we may become better and have a better chance to win a premiership. How can we improve on this?

Who should we target with the extra cash??? Adams might be on. Longer?? What about Docherty??

dusty would be a major risk for whatever club is picking him up, especially if he moves interstate. he is playing brilliant football at richmond precisely because he has been setteld for so long in the club and its community (having lived with March and now being babysat by Chocco). think of all the distractions that would be involved with him arriving at a new club...and the likely impact it would have on his football. this would be like fevola to brisbane all over again. if dusty knows what is best for his career, he should stay at richmond where he is set to reap the benefits of his and the club's effort and become the player we know he can be very soon. deviate from this and surely he would not be worth 600k

Exactly we can survive past Dusty if we get pick 2+.

In fact we may become better and have a better chance to win a premiership. How can we improve on this?

Who should we target with the extra cash??? Adams might be on. Longer?? What about Docherty??
We do need a young ruckman. However I think our midfield is a bigger concern. I'd rather us give our first pick for Adams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk on SEN was that Melbourne are considering putting up pick 2 for Martin. Even if we got that we would still be going backwards. The player at pick 2 would be unlikely to be better than Martin and is 4 years behind in his development. We need someone who is ready now so we can take advantage of our window of opportunity. This will really harm our premiership aspirations:(

I can understand him wanting to get the best deal but he has pushed the club too far. It is now a matter of principle.

The grass is not always greener Dusty...

Carro thinks Dustin Martin is not worth the trouble he has caused over the years and now thinks Richmond should cut their losses with him. The other people on the panel think Martin is greedy and were shocked he knocked back the offer from Richmond. Hutchy called Ralph Carr a goose and said he is trying to make lots of money off Martin because Martin is his only client, which we all ready know is the case. Martin's chances of staying at Richmond aren't good if you believe Footy Classified.

Please explain!
Hutchy basically saying that Martin is acting like a goose and that the Tigers have blind sided Carr by their move today.
Hutchy saying he has a full time minder and it's a joke.
Lyon said he wouldn't want him at Melbourne, not the right fit.
Lloyd basically said he would be silly to leave for an extra $100k after what Richmond has done for him.

Just thinking if Dusty does that changes our window,

Should we trade the likes of JR to GWS for pick one if Dusty goes to
melb for pick 2.

Serious discussion required about serious strategies for RFC to build our next premiership team!:cool:

south-park-mr-mackey-290x400.jpg

You can have Longer and Karnezis, no way Longer and pick 7.

If you're talking on behalf of the Lions list management committee then Brisbane are out of the running. Pick 7 would be the starting point not Longer and Karnezis

Let's be honest. He doesn't come across like a smart guy. From my experience he seems exactly the kind of guy who would be hating this right now. He won't be able to deal with all of this negative press.

Imagine what his teammates and coaches think of him. Would be a very unpopular guy at the footy club right now.

We do need a young ruckman. However I think our midfield is a bigger concern. I'd rather us give our first pick for Adams.

The point is if Martin goes it frees up cash, it means our window is realistically further out and we need to draft and trade for that which we can do. Nothing wrong with that but it requires patience. It does mean our younger players Cotch and below to V are very important to our premiership prospects and must be looked after, complimented and supported. They are our most important players!! If Dimma needs an extension for further development so be it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back