Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely astounds me how many callers Dwayne gets on SEN who seem to love him, even though he gives them absolutely nothing. I know everyone just bags him for being a soundboard, but that's not even the part that bugs me, I can live with bland cliche commentary (sometimes he is actually quite witty and funny and play by play commentary not bad) but i can't deal with his complete lack of analytical insight and overall low, bland football IQ. The bloke just sees things happening but has no idea why it's happening. If a team fights back, or is getting slapped or dominating, he provides nothing as to why that may be occuring other than yelling that its happening - Has absolutely no understanding of nuances and tactics in game. Derm might blabber on a bit but he saves Dwayne's backside in that aspect.

The bloke has guests or callers on SEN making good, interesting points on a topic - and it just goes flying straight over his head, half the time his response is "Thanks for the call" or just goes onto the next question/topic. I genuinely think it's a lack of intellect. Now there are some in game commentators i'm not a massive fan of like BT with his random blabbering ,or Whately who eventually fries my brain constantly sounding liker he's narrating everything he says (i'm convinced the bloke can't hold a normal conversation without sounding like hes narrating it) - But i'll cop that knowing that at least i'm listening to blokes who have some footy intellect. I just can't take dwayne seriously, feels like im stuck in a room with an unintelligent person trying to conversate with me, and all i want is a way out.

Last edited:
Genuinely astounds me how many callers Dwayne gets on SEN who seem to love him, even though he gives them absolutely nothing. I know everyone just bags him for being a soundboard, but that's not even the part that bugs me, I can live with bland cliche commentary (sometimes he is actually quite witty and funny and play by play commentary not bad) but i can't deal with his complete lack of analytical insight and overall low, bland football IQ. The bloke just sees things happening but has no idea why it's happening. If a team fights back, or is getting slapped or dominating, he provides nothing as to why that may be occuring other than yelling that its happening - Has absolutely no understanding of nuances and tactics in game. Derm might blabber on a bit but he saves Dwayne's backside in that aspect.
Does a play by play caller need this though?
A special comments commentator absolutely does, but I feel like a play by play caller just needs to call play by play.

Does a play by play caller need this though?
A special comments commentator absolutely does, but I feel like a play by play caller just needs to call play by play.
Doesn't mean they are completely inept from making the odd small tactical observation. Even simple things like positional changes. He gives absolutely nothing.

It's his radio show that confirms his lack of footy IQ anyway - what could be great conversation points go flying straight over his head, he makes statements on teams/players fortunes without explaining the reasoning behind it. Can't help but know the bloke calling the game doesn't really understand it in depth, makes it harder to get immersed in the game.

Last edited:
Made a crack about a player leaving his man and it sounding more like marriage advice. His fellow commentators weren’t impressed

Referring to one of the more useless players of the last decade, Charlie Dixon as ‘King Charles’. I have no words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underwood is worse than ever.
Came here for this. She's the worst. It's ok for the Channel 7 to accept this as a failed experiment.

She trys too hard to manufacture content and it's embarrassing.

She is THE WORST.

Came here for this. She's the worst. It's ok for the Channel 7 to accept this as a failed experiment.

She trys too hard to manufacture content and it's embarrassing.

She is THE WORST.

Fox is to blame for inflicting Kelli Underwood on us, not Ch7, they have more than their fair share of bad commentators too though.

I actually prefer Kelli to Daisy Pearce but that's not saying much.

Fox is to blame for inflicting Kelli Underwood on us, not Ch7, they have more than their fair share of bad commentators too though.

I actually prefer Kelli to Daisy Pearce but that's not saying much.
My bad, I don't have Foxtel anymore, didn't realize it was a retransmission here in WA.

Surely we can get better female callers. So it's not an issue of having women in the box. Call it for what it is. She's s**t.

A Houston Rocket!!!

Now if you were calling from the ground you would have known it was Burton that kicked it.
I cannot stand him but gee I laughed at this. Even on TV (which is all he's calling off) you could tell it wasn't Houston

It just proves he's a soundboard, nothing more. He just pushed the wrong button when Burton kicked it, that's all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back