Dylan Shiel on Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL logic

Rohan - Fine. Because player gets up
Pickett - Fine. Because player gets up
Ebert - 1 week. Because player gets up
Shiel - 2 weeks. Taylor is back on the field 90 seconds later.
Long - 3 weeks. Puts player out of game with concussion.

Concussing a player is 50% worse than a player missing 90s of action. But a player missing 90s of action is twice as worse as missing 5-10s.

This is what gets me. How the hell did you guys fail this hearing?
Imo it looks 2 but guidelines say 1. Not high impact at all.
Christian doesn't like us

I think we're the only club to have players suspended for gut punches....twice no less.

This was a lucky fine or 1 week suspension at worse.
How he's missing another game has me as baffled as i was when Cotchin was able to put Shiel out of a prelim and play the following week.

Taylor was back on the field 90s later. 90 ******* seconds. He can't have been that rattled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laughable what the tribunal has become.

Former assistant coaches giving "character references" and talking about "second chances".

* me. No one is saying Shiel is a murderer. We don't need to hear evidence of his character. The MRO ruled it careless, not intentional. His character does not matter.

It's as bad as media personalities giving character references for punches to jaws. It has absolutely no bearing on a football incident, what you do off field or whether you've played fairly before.

Glad he got 2 weeks because of the utter s**t waffled on about. Did only deserve 1 week for medium impact but as soon as it wandered off into Choco giving 'character' references it became a big eye roll. So suck it. Not a ******* court case.

Former assistant coaches giving "character references" and talking about "second chances".

fu** me. No one is saying Shiel is a murderer. We don't need to hear evidence of his character. The MRO ruled it careless, not intentional. His character does not matter.

It's as bad as media personalities giving character references for punches to jaws. It has absolutely no bearing on a football incident, what you do off field or whether you've played fairly before.

Glad he got 2 weeks because of the utter sh*t waffled on about. Did only deserve 1 week for medium impact but as soon as it wandered off into Choco giving 'character' references it became a big eye roll. So suck it. Not a ******* court case.
At least it wasn't a tv host and the PM as character witnesses this time

fu** me. No one is saying Shiel is a murderer. We don't need to hear evidence of his character. The MRO ruled it careless, not intentional. His character does not matter.

Glad he got 2 weeks because of the utter sh*t waffled on about. Did only deserve 1 week for medium impact but as soon as it wandered off into Choco giving 'character' references it became a big eye roll. So suck it. Not a ******* court case.

They only went the character witness after it got confirmed 2 weeks.

Perfect so they wasted their time and money

good job dons

we have money

Unlike your s**t club that requires constant propping up.

anyways I’m happy for shiel to get 2. He chose to bump. But how the * did Rohan get off?

the inconsistency is maddening

I think we're the only club to have players suspended for gut punches....twice no less.
Yeah no. Dougal Howard was suspended for a gut punch to Harry Taylor last season.

To me the whole judgement of careless and intentional is wrong in the AFL.

Intentionally throw a punch at an opponents chest, and make high contact because he ducked and its rated as careless because you weren't intentionally trying to punch in the head.

Dylan Shiel made high contact with Taylor as a result of intentionally laying a bump. It wasn't careless contact that occurred while both players were trying to take possession of the ball. He went past the ball to lay the bump. That should see it rated intentional.

Mind you Shiel's decision to bump instead of trying to take possession could have been because of the change in to the holding the ball interpretation. Deciding to get rid of Taylor so that he won't be tackled while taking possession. More unforeseen consequences of the AFL blinking after Clarko's whinge.

Last edited:
Lol
You mean coming back and playing the rest of the game?
Why wouldn't he play the whole game? There was literally nothing wrong with him. Shouldn't have even come to the bench. But North kept him off longer than needed and sent him for scans to milk it for all it's worth. "High impact" - what a joke. This isn't fair. North and the AFL are in kahoots I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back