Dylan Shiel on Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohan a fine but Shiel cops 2 weeks where is the consistency MRO?

What a *ingg joke glad we are challenging

The wrong decision on the Rohan one doesn’t make the decision wrong for the Shiel suspension.

The MRO needs to be binned. Christian Cannot consistently make decisions and is just making s**t up.

Shiel deserves to be suspended based on his actions, but so did Rohan. 1 or 2 or whatever, but you can’t be letting blokes off with a fine, who make the choice to run past the ball to lay a bump that strikes a player in the head.

I’m actually fine with Shiel getting 2 but it’s frustrating when you see Rohan get let off and guys in the media like Luke Darcy pushing for 1 week for Long because he reckons it’s less severe than Shiel’s.
darcy is a flog. longs was twice as bad as shiels. 2 for shiel and 4 for long is spot on relative to each other.

Ebert only 1 and Pickett a fine also?
Ebert was atleast as bad as Shiel’s
shiel and long suspensions are right, as long as long gets at least 4.

thought pickett would get a week, and eberts was as bad as shiels. you wont hear any argument from me that the mrp is an inconsisten joke. just gotta look at the fact it took ablett 3 off the ball punches to the head last year to cop anything.

Rohan off
Pickett fine only
Ebert 1 week
Shiel 2 weeks
Yeah, seems legit
No wonder we are appealing.

The way Rohan lifted the elbow makes it as bad as any for mine. Should be at least 2.
Pickett. I thought he was easing up, but still if he'd gotten a week I wouldn't have been surprised.
Ebert. Duty of care says if you bump and hit the head, you're gone, do it at full force and 1 week seems minimum..2 wouldn't have surprised.
Shiel. See Ebert. Probably had a better opportunity to judge where he was hitting so going for the harder penalty isn't crazy.
Long. Seemed to pause and line him up. I'd be tempted to call it deliberate. Sending it to the tribunal is the right call...3 or 4.

If it were me, 3,1,2,2,4 but I tend to be on the tough side.

The wrong decision on the Rohan one doesn’t make the decision wrong for the Shiel suspension.

The MRO needs to be binned. Christian Cannot consistently make decisions and is just making sh*t up.

Shiel deserves to be suspended based on his actions, but so did Rohan. 1 or 2 or whatever, but you can’t be letting blokes off with a fine, who make the choice to run past the ball to lay a bump that strikes a player in the head.
I think the MRO is fine, but Christian isn't the person to run it.

Ironically, Shiel, Ebert and Long's are all legal bumps from a timing/distance perspective, but it's collecting the player high that has done them in.

Rohan and Pickett's are both late hits and collect the player high, yet are graded less severely. If Christian wants to talk 'visuals' then picking off a player who has already disposed of the ball is a pretty ordinary look.

Ironically, Shiel, Ebert and Long's are all legal bumps from a timing/distance perspective, but it's collecting the player high that has done them in.

Rohan and Pickett's are both late hits and collect the player high, yet are graded less severely. If Christian wants to talk 'visuals' then picking off a player who has already disposed of the ball is a pretty ordinary look.
At least they bumped a player with the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So now Christian uses ‘potential to injure’ in his reasonings again but didn’t for Burgoyne.
He is an inconsistent muppet and yes that goes for Rohan incident also, he can word any report he likes to get an outcome. Following guidelines isn’t even a thing as he can twist anything and get inconsistent findings.
Didn’t need to change any laws after the Burgoyne incident, just throw in the word potential.

So now Christian uses ‘potential to injure’ in his reasonings again but didn’t for Burgoyne.
He is an inconsistent muppet and yes that goes for Rohan incident also, he can word any report he likes to get an outcome. Following guidelines isn’t even a thing as he can twist anything and get inconsistent findings.
Didn’t need to change any laws after the Burgoyne incident, just throw in the word potential.
Yeah, i've long been saying the MRO needs to be chaired by someone competent.

Rohan a fine but Shiel cops 2 weeks where is the consistency MRO?

What a *ingg joke glad we are challenging

These are not similar incidents. Rohan was bumping a player who (up until the last split second) had the ball.

Shiel and the North player were both going for a ground ball in dispute. Shiel went past the ball to bump.

These are not similar incidents. Rohan was bumping a player who (up until the last split second) had the ball.

Shiel and the North player were both going for a ground ball in dispute. Shiel went past the ball to bump.

Crazy how divisive these incidents can be. For mine the Rohan action is worse because the ball wasn’t in dispute when he elected to bump

The inconsistency is frustrating. Tomahawk did the same thing on Thursday that Crozier got rubbed out for a week earlier.

interesting point made here in the medical report on fox feed: Curtis Taylor's medical report: Treated immediately for concussion and required on-field assessment. Left the ground for 20 minutes but returned to play. Had scans for jaw fracture.

He was hit with 5m57s left and back on the field with 4m24s after sitting on the bench

left the ground for 90s, went back on, then came off and was tested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back