Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Alpha Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 3

Bush is one i am interested in. Dunno for sure what pick to offer, maybe a 3rd/4th. Or maybe like a 5th + a player from my team. Or stuff of that kind. Anything we agree on would be handshake agreement for now, not activating it, allowing us both to see some camp and pre-season, and either of us can veto the trade if we change our mind.

Jamal Lewis and Deon Branch are on the block for a second round pick each in the rookie draft.

On the ESPN page, trading block, i have added players from my squad that I would consider trading to anyone for the right price....be it player-for-pick or player-for-player.

I also encourage others to update their trading blocks and get some pre-draft trading discussion going.

[YOUTUBE]hlejrswAvW0&hl[/YOUTUBE]

Mustangs GM, Larry David, says that RB M.Lynch is skating on thin ice after refusing to attend Mustang mini camp.. Only BOLD offers will be considered for the services of Marshawn Lynch.

On the ESPN page, trading block, i have added players from my squad that I would consider trading to anyone for the right price....be it player-for-pick or player-for-player.

I also encourage others to update their trading blocks and get some pre-draft trading discussion going.

Not sure if trade block is relevant for your roster gg. Most of the trash you've got there is waiver wire fodder. Haraldson might be the only one worth anything...

Whether it's trash or not is a person's pov. All im suggesting is that everyone update their trading blocks, and whoevers interested in any of those Ive put up, can PM me to discuss. And likewise, for everyone else to look at other people's trading blocks and PM them to discuss trades.

If one person thinks they're trash, it's not going to mean I double-think myself accept them as being trash, or accept other people saying "but so-and-so thinks theyre trash so im not going to offer more than 'this', etc."

Just leaving the door open there for anyone interested to PM and discuss.

GG, i need to know soon either way what is happening with the LB limits?

Im starting to put together my list for the Alpha draft and currently have 5 LBs on my list so if the limit didnt change i wont be able to take any, so need to know if it is increasing?

The vote for the whole thing was 12:7 against.
Meanwhile, there's the topic of unlimited LBs (therefore me making it unlimited DL/DB) as well that hasnt still been settled.
It's a topic in Meeting Center that hasnt been resolved.
Maybe I should just make a decision on my own?
And if i did, what will people do if it wasnt to their liking?

If i was given leeway to just do something on my own.....id make it unlimited DL/DB/LB, use some of the cutthroat scoring for IDPs to make all those three IDP positions as even as possible. And keep it at 7 total IDPs roster seeing as that particular roster change wasnt voted in.

Id also like the whole topic to find some settlement. Not many people from alpha, or beta, gamma, are posting feedback etc in the meeting center. So im not sure what to do. It would be good for people to go to the meeting center thread asap and whoevers all in there, us finding some solution or answer for 2009 asap.

The changes have to be settled one way or another in the next couple of weeks, i am not going to have time in late June to organise myself and given i have to submit a list i need to know under what conditions i am drafting

I would think we should go with the majority decisions which are no changes overall with the exception of an increase in LBs

The easiest thing then is to say, there are no changes to the LB/DB/DL max's and scoring.

Hopefully in 2010 people are more open to allowing me to change a bunch of stuff with Dynasty. And not say, "it's now two years into it, too late to change now, shouldve done it in 2009."

But the voting thread is remaining open thru the next month or so, so if the vote changes the other way, i'll PM you and you should log in anyway to check up on the meeting center thread.

If changes DO occur after everyone has already made cuts etc....and complains, bad luck i guess. Because everyone would be in the same situation. But why i do push and nag for people to make changes asap so that these things can be done BEFORE people start making roster changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, there will not be a change to the LB max. If it does come in, it HAS TO come in with DB/DL unlimited as well AND scoring changes to IDP. Otherwise, it will open a can of worms and further mess up the flaws in the comp.

It's dismaying that people would like such changes made, drastically bad like that, but would resist so much changes that make the comp better.

So anyway, LB unlimited wont happen unless ALL the changes are voted in, so you can forget about LB unlimited only.

I would have thought any possible changes should be sorted before we draft in July, not leaving it open through August.

As for LBs, if you dont wanna change it fine, but a majority wanted it previously when we voted, you including it with the other changes and using that to justify why it wont be included seems wierd, but anyway.

Also jsut quickly, the justification for LB changes separate from DL and DB that DL and DB is made up of 2 different positions, allowing you 10 if you want, LB is one position, so different in that respect.

Also no team will keep 10 LBs, so the unlimited aspect is being overplayed, all you are doing is allowing more then 5 to be kept, like you can at DL and DB, no team will have 14 or 15 LBs on their roster

1. You're right that changes should happen before a draft. So i'll only keep the vote thread open till the week before the 34 keeper deadline.

2. Initially i didnt think it thru properly, the unlimited LB thing, if i was at first ok with the idea personally. But it's a terrible idea for the comp, and will cause problems due to LBs scoring more than DBs/DLs. It's just asking for trouble. I understand the 10 DL/DB vs 5 LB flaw. Why there are a few proposals that would fix it, but they all require significant changes......eg, cutthroat scoring for IDPs + unlimited for all, and/or having unlimited IDP and just having 7 DP slots, not 2 LB, 2 DL, etc. So these sorts of things will have to wait for 2010.

3. So unless the 12:7 vote changes between now and 34-keeper deadline, then everything will remain "as is" when we draft.

2. Initially i didnt think it thru properly, the unlimited LB thing, if i was at first ok with the idea personally. But it's a terrible idea for the comp, and will cause problems due to LBs scoring more than DBs/DLs. It's just asking for trouble. I understand the 10 DL/DB vs 5 LB flaw. Why there are a few proposals that would fix it, but they all require significant changes......eg, cutthroat scoring for IDPs + unlimited for all, and/or having unlimited IDP and just having 7 DP slots, not 2 LB, 2 DL, etc. So these sorts of things will have to wait for 2010.
I dont buy this, making it unlimited causes no real issues, people will just have 6 or 7 instead of 5, how is this a major issue? A majority wanted it when we voted on it, based on this it should be introduced shouldnt it?

Don't buy it if you must, but it's not happening in 2009, unless the 12:7 vote swings.

And the same thing will be done in 2010....a bunch of proposals will be put forward (same stuff, cutthroat scoring, roster changes, and the unlimited thing) all together for voting in/out. Why together? Because they're designed to be together, all stuff that addresses latent problems/flaws in the comp that to be fixed require all the other moving parts voted in as well.

Don't buy it if you must, but it's not happening in 2009, unless the 12:7 vote swings.

And the same thing will be done in 2010....a bunch of proposals will be put forward (same stuff, cutthroat scoring, roster changes, and the unlimited thing) all together for voting in/out.
But minor changes like the LB limits can be changed without the others, you then included it in with the rest, with changes some who wanted the LB change didnt want

Its not as simple as option A or option B like you made it

It's A or B because that's the situation----vote changes in (that are all designed to work together to fix a range of problems), or resist change and keep everything as is even if the comp isnt better for it.

Because that's the dynamic here, there are those two types of people (those who resist any change vs those who are open to tweaking stuff to make it better and are not necessarily fixated on any one particular idea).

LB unlimited is not a minor change, as it is a domino effect on other aspects of the roster and comp.

There are a whole range of flaws. LB at 5 is only ONE of them. And if one were to sit down and re-devise a better comp overall, fixing that spectrum of problems, not JUST the 5 LBs, then it requires a new system-overhaul. You cant fix the 5 LB thing by just bringing it in on its own and NOT addressing other problems that will stem from it.

So what are the other problems stemming from everyone having one or two more LB's, everyone having one or two less WR's/ TE's or RBs?

Honestly GG, there is no dynamic change, it's just one small change everyone wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back