Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2000
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WEST COAST
I am not going to say the eagles had a good year, plainly they sucked, but that wasn't ken judge or the playing list, injuries played a huge part and also so many young players debuting. I am sick and tired of hearing people dissing Ken Judge who in my view will be an even better coach than the previous dickhead who was good for the first 5 years but then just gave up, he had his glory. Next year, especially if the rumoured trades to the eagles happen, the Eagles will be a good teamwho WILL make the 8, but not so good that they make the 4, I reckon about 6 or 7
I also say the Dockers need to do well or they are again up **** creek without a paddle

Ok so u make these claims

U porbally should back them up with proof

Like who is going to kick your goals other than phil matera

Were is the leadership coming from

And how will you fill the void where mitchell white was
He was the catalyst to your attack

i sort of thought this might be the first reply. Right, Mitchell was a huge thing for the Eagles but was on the slow down and we are experimenting with Michael Gardiner now there at centre half forward, he just needs to learn to kick and Dean Cox, best and fairest in the Westar Rules grand final is on our rookie list so we should pick him up, so he can help in the ruck.
Scott Cummings is still there and if sirakowski comes he will go to full back and release mcintosh to go up forward. We are also going to get Merrenda if he is fit and i think he will be still good on the half forward flank
Jacko and Cous should be co captains and many of the 100 game players will step up now to help out in the leadership.

Eagleskickass, i agree, West Coast will bounce back. Remember sabre, Cumminigs kicked 95 last season,Matera bro's can kick goals. The big problem is your main stars like kemp,matera, mcintosh are all so old!

McIntosh will play up forward and still be good, for a year or too, sirakowski will take over, our new recruits in taylor and collica will take over petes role as he should retire and kempie may be old but is still had a great year, fav for the eagles best and fairest. Look at bradley, still going strong at 37.

Yeah i agree i think we will bounce back and should be in the fight for a spot in the 8. Although i hope we can keep White cos we really need a CHF, nice idea for Seira to drop back and release Mcintosh but it prolly wont happen cos Seira isnt really a backman.
Cant really predict how we will go until the trading period is done with and i have a look at our list.
But we still have a talented core of players like Materas, Cummings, Morrison, Cousins, Jakovich, Braun, Kemp, Banfield, Gardiner, Wirripunda.

So i think we'll be alright

Playing McIntosh up forward is the quickest way to end his career. I'd rather he played for another 2 or 3 years at full back, than one season up forward.
Kemp is an oldie but a goodie
smile.gif
He could play on until he's 35, or retire midseason like so many others. Matera's nearly gone, but can still kill a game in only a few minutes.
So yes, all our champions are retiring and leaving, but we could still be good next year. With a fit and in form Gardiner, Wirrapunda, Cousins, Cummings, Phil Matera, McIntosh, Jakovich, Braun, Morrison and others, we could be almost in the four. Or we could be in the bottom four. I honestly have no idea about how we'll go for the next few years. Time will tell, but not all hope is lost
smile.gif

You guys got a great (underrated) player in Richard Taylor. I don't think his best years are behind him and wish him well over there in Coasterland

I still think there are serious questions about Ken Judge. Everyone blamed the (supposedly) poor Hawthorn list last year but now Hawks are a finals side and Eagles aren't

We were already on the downfall in Micks last lear, he left because he new we would do s**t this year and so Ken took it on. Its not easy to be a new coach at a club that is falling and to learn the players and then use them constructively to make a good team in one year. Ken has a completely different game plan to the former coach, he goes up the guts which is the best way, not mucking around on the flanks. Schwabb is going to be a great coach, as Hawks are my second fav team but he got a squad on the up and with room to improve, he capped of Kens good work, they both played alongside each other and learnt how to coach from a great so they both coach quite similarly.
Now Ken knows who is good where and he can now pick up some good players. I am very happy to get taylor and collica and I think that the hawks got ripped off, they should of asked for more.

The eagles will definately do well next year. Jako will be captain with Braun and cousins co vice captains. Braun for the around the club, team leadership and Ben for the on field leadership role. It will be a good combination which will prove to be successful. What do you all think about that?

I think the Hawks genuinely didn't need Collica and Taylor and went along with them going where they want to. That's why they went for a poorer draft pick, which is definately not what they are worth. The eagles have not really ripped the hawks off recently (Taking Judge may turn out to be a huge favour) so we wish them well (except against us)

Draft pick n.o. 21 is what we gave hawks for those two. I am very pleased with the Eagles trades, WEST COAST

Received

Mark Merenda from Richmond

David Sierakowski from St Kilda

Michael Collica from Hawthorn

Michael Prior from Essendon

Richard Taylor from Hawthorn

Greg Harding from Fremantle

Second Round Selection (Number 18) from St Kilda

Third Round Selection (Number 45) from the Kangaroos, via Geelong on-trade

Fourth Round Selection (Number 57) from Geelong (then on-traded)

Second Round Selection (Number 27) from Geelong (then on-traded)

I genuinly think these players are good and will fit in great.

I do wish that mitch and metro had stayed but oh well, all in all we did well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You genuinely think that's good trading. The Eagles have picked up a lot of fringe players and lost two focuses of the team in Gehrig and White.

I'd be pissed off with it if I was an Eagles fan.

I still think they can have a better year than last year. What killed them was Cousins' injury and particularly Wirrpunda's injury. He was brilliant up to then.

Then again, if Ken Judge is as much of a prick as the Hawks fans seem to be saying, they could have another ordinary year as well.

WAIT FOR WHAT EXACTLY?????

you received one good player, michael prior
and got a couple of other ordinary ones who struggled to get regualar games in 2000
you then gave away two key position players and also lose guy mckenna

the only thing to get excited about is if the eagles recruit a few good kids, you might be up there again in 2-3 years

Walshy, Prior is a very ordinary player, I am happy with the No.27 draft pick for him, he should have been sent home the same time as Symmons, his disposals are shocking & most times makes the wrong decision, no football brains.

------------------
Mantis

Michael Prior would have 'bled' for the EFC given the chance.

A great pity that he couldn't get a game on a regular basis, because he performed really well in the defence unit of '99 and would be an instant selection at any other club.

Eagles supporters should consider themselves very fortunate. Look after him.

I am not a big fan of the eagles but i think you do have some good players, but your coach is a no hoper, he is one of the worst coaches ever and i thank the eagles for wanting him as now the hawks have a good coach. You need to get rid of Judge and get a good coach otherwise your team is just gonna suck for a long time!!!

I dont have anything against Judgey. If anything im glad for what he had helped put together at the Hawks. Sure some mistakes O'Farrell and Young stand out, yet both of them may still do some good.

His tenure at the Eagles is a carbon copy of what he copped at Hawthorn. Ageing squad of champions who were ripe for a fall. Rather than wait for that slow decline he has attacked it full on. Sure we all hate to see champions go, but thats counter balanced by seeing new champions come in.

The Eagles will hurt for a few seasons i feel but its all cyclical. The Dons in the mid-2000's will probably go through the same fall. Its the nature of the beast.

Pess just on dickie, while i wish him the very best, i cant agree with you that his best days are behind him. He looked so forlorn at times with BHH this year. To get the run around from some of the jobbers in the VFL made me sad. With a bit of luck maybe the change might bring him back to his best. Good luck to Richard.

Sandie, Sandie, you are so very wrong about Prior. You are an Essendon supporter aren't you? As Walshy93 said, his skills are impeccable with foot or hand and plays above his height beautifully when marking. It was just that we had too many players of his ilk at Essendon...M.Johnson, Solo and Dimma Hardwick, that we had to let him go.

He'll be great for West Coast on a back flank and will especially appreciate the hard and wide open spaces of Subiaco. Is a good replacement for McKenna if you ask me...(not saying he's as good, but is very similar to him with his creativity).

Finally all you eagles supporters have got rocks in your collective heads if you reckon West Coast will be a top 8 side in 2001. What a load of s**t! You's were ordinary this year and your've got the nerve to suggest you'll be strong next year, even with the loss of two keys in Gehrig and White! All your've done is weaken. Sierakowski's average, so don't tell us otherwise, whilst Merenda can't even get on the paddock. I mean who's gonna take up take up the slack with the loss of Gehrig and White?

Sure they'll be competitive and will win the fair share...especially at home, but will still finish bottom 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back