East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

andana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Captain Jonathon Griffin will don the Blue and White for the last time on Sunday in front of a home crowd.

After sixteen years of senior football in the AFL and WAFL, Griffin informed the playing group last night that the 2020 Season would be his last.

“I feel very honoured and privileged to have been part of the footy club for such a long period as a supporter, player and Reserves Coach,” Griffin said.

“To finish off captaining the club that I followed as a kid, it’s a terrific honour and I’ll take that with me for the rest of my life.”

At 34 years of age and 202cm tall, injuries have been aplenty over the last few years. Despite having broken his wrist, ribs and fractured his jaw during his three years with East Fremantle, Griffin pushed through barely missing a game – a testament to his character.

“It has been a challenge particularly in the position that I play, you get banged up every week, but cut me open and I bleed Blue and White.”

1599717158971.png

andana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sam Menegola in the All Australian squad.

To succeed we need committment, discipline, dedication, and determination. And if you can amalgamate all of the above qualities with your passion and energy then no one can stop you from achieving the uncommon!”
― Avijeet Das

andana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In front of 260 guests, Jarrad Jansen was awarded the Sharks highest honour, The Lynn Medal.

Despite missing Round 1, Jansen’s consistency across the shortened season saw him claim the late victory on 65 votes. It was an extremely close count with Jansen pulling away in the last two rounds after strong performances against Subiaco and Swan Districts to finish ahead of Milan Murdock on 64 votes, Cody Leggett (63), Jordan Snadden (62) and Blaine Boekhorst (54).

Jansen shared his time through the midfield and forward line, with the occasional stint in the ruck. Averaging 15.9 disposals, 2.9 marks, 4.3 tackles and 3.7 clearances, he sets the standard for the Sharks with his competitiveness and attack on the ball.

20-year-old Milan Murdock finished second in the count and was also awarded the 2020 Rising Star. Murdock was a constant contributor for the Sharks, averaging 16.5 disposals and 2.5 marks, impressing with his fierce tenacity. The tackling machine averaged 6.75 tackles a game, the third equal highest in the competitio

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom