Easton Wood was a lot better than Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
At AFL rules football. It's just the truth. This thread is not a debate, there is no debate. If you are an Alex Rance supporter, then you are not welcome here!! Easton Wood

At AFL rules football. It's just the truth. This thread is not a debate, there is no debate. If you are an Alex Rance supporter, then you are not welcome here!! Easton Wood
Can I have have some of that gear your smoking, it must be mint.
Also putting a cover photo on your thread doesn't cost anything.

Wood was one of the few likeable Bulldogs players, he didn't play for free kicks like most of his teammates and he didn't have s**t tatts like Libba either.

He wasn't a better defender than Rance though, both liked to play the loose man role but Rance was better at it or so I've heard from Bruce McAvaney.

Anyone that allows Slick Fritsch to kick six in a granny is cool by me. Seems a decent bloke as well. Pity that didn't rub off on Bailey Smith.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rance is one weird unit.
Absolutely not fit to the tie the bootlaces of a SOS or a Scarlett or Dustin Fletcher with regards being the best FB of the Modern Era.

Sauce ? I can't remember him ever saying such a thing and I would be willing to bet most neutral fans would rate Scarlett ahead of him
Stephen Silvagni says Alex Rance among the best defenders in history
THE man considered one of the greatest defenders of all time has lavished praise on Richmond star Alex Rance, saying the Tiger deserves to be rated with the best.

Easton Wood is a fine under-rated defender. Have they got a bloke to fill his role? Huge loss, and part of the reason the Dogs have punched so far above their weight in recent seasons.

Fair leader too, he was a premiership captain (although I think Bob Murphy won the Norm and the McHale that year? Also the Coleman? And whatever PoS medal Carlton hands out to their failure addicts?). That was a side with some interesting characters, Tom Boyd had challenging mental health issues and they carried him, and then he carried them: superb coaching, captaincy and general support. Picken was a Collingwood boy by birth so you know he was up to interesting things, and then there was Stringer. All in all a Easton Wood has record to be proud of, but probably forgotten because Footscray are a nothing club.

Whats this other nonsense about sauna boy? Rance was the Tigers weak spot, basically cost them the 2018 GF and retired in shame. So soft in the contest, unable to stop an opponent (I think he coughed up most of JDGs goals in the first, and then gifted Mason Cox three more). But yes wonderful intercept mark, that is, he was brilliant as a defender when he wasn't defending. We used to call them "loose men in defence" and is was generally a spud with a bit of footspeed and a working fist. Its not aposition associated with GOATs.

Why would more than one sensible footy person say this nonsense? Its plainly, laughably wrong (worse than the SoS nonsense in the 1990's). Is it because he was at risk emotionally? I understand the case for jollying mentally weak players along by pandering to their egos but feeding this poor damaged guy such a line of guff because "its good for him to hear it", jeepers this younger generation are fragile.

Or was it a long con to distract from the importance of Houli and Vlastuin? I mean they have more premiership medallions than Rance, and were part of the (pretty remarkable) 2peat after they seemed to have flashed in the pan. The stars there are the boys who backed up again and again, Dusty and Riewoldt and the others, even the over-rated (but at least still a top mid) plastic haired captain.

Or maybe Its an AFL wide conspiracy so that piece of human garbage Scarlett is denied recognition? The ultimate insult to a bloody fantastic FB/full time front-bottom (not even Catters will defend his character, what an arse) "yeah nah sorry Matty, you were OK but [suppresses laughter] everyone knows [losing it] RANCE WAS BETTER *ing LOL"

Rance is one weird unit.
Absolutely not fit to the tie the bootlaces of a SOS or a Scarlett or Dustin Fletcher with regards being the best FB of the Modern Era.

I wonder how much it cost Carlton to have SOS named as fullback of the Century, judging by recent performances the Blues must have sold their soul?

Easton Wood is a fine under-rated defender. Have they got a bloke to fill his role? Huge loss, and part of the reason the Dogs have punched so far above their weight in recent seasons.

Fair leader too, he was a premiership captain (although I think Bob Murphy won the Norm and the McHale that year? Also the Coleman? And whatever PoS medal Carlton hands out to their failure addicts?). That was a side with some interesting characters, Tom Boyd had challenging mental health issues and they carried him, and then he carried them: superb coaching, captaincy and general support. Picken was a Collingwood boy by birth so you know he was up to interesting things, and then there was Stringer. All in all a Easton Wood has record to be proud of, but probably forgotten because Footscray are a nothing club.

Whats this other nonsense about sauna boy? Rance was the Tigers weak spot, basically cost them the 2018 GF and retired in shame. So soft in the contest, unable to stop an opponent (I think he coughed up most of JDGs goals in the first, and then gifted Mason Cox three more). But yes wonderful intercept mark, that is, he was brilliant as a defender when he wasn't defending. We used to call them "loose men in defence" and is was generally a spud with a bit of footspeed and a working fist. Its not aposition associated with GOATs.

Why would more than one sensible footy person say this nonsense? Its plainly, laughably wrong (worse than the SoS nonsense in the 1990's). Is it because he was at risk emotionally? I understand the case for jollying mentally weak players along by pandering to their egos but feeding this poor damaged guy such a line of guff because "its good for him to hear it", jeepers this younger generation are fragile.

Or was it a long con to distract from the importance of Houli and Vlastuin? I mean they have more premiership medallions than Rance, and were part of the (pretty remarkable) 2peat after they seemed to have flashed in the pan. The stars there are the boys who backed up again and again, Dusty and Riewoldt and the others, even the over-rated (but at least still a top mid) plastic haired captain.

Or maybe Its an AFL wide conspiracy so that piece of human garbage Scarlett is denied recognition? The ultimate insult to a bloody fantastic FB/full time front-bottom (not even Catters will defend his character, what an arse) "yeah nah sorry Matty, you were OK but [suppresses laughter] everyone knows [losing it] RANCE WAS BETTER f*n LOL"
So you agree Rance is the GOAT?

Sorry TLDR.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back