Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of flack this draft has copped is ridiculous, they might be eating their words next november.
I thought this years draft might be pretty shallow, somewhat comparable to the 2017 draft.

But we saw a lot of the underagers that made up the 2018 draft crop put in big performances through 2017.

This year, we haven’t seen many of next years draft crop step up.

I believe this is a significant contributing factor why next years draft crop has been questioned.

I thought this years draft might be pretty shallow, somewhat comparable to the 2017 draft.

But we saw a lot of the underagers that made up the 2018 draft crop put in big performances through 2017.

I believe this is a significant contributing factor why next years draft crop has been questioned.
A few of the top players were injured though this year and didnt get a chance to impress the media types.
Thilthorpe missed the champs - I think he mightve been an all aus chance due to the lack of fwd talls
Plus Bruhn, Baldwin and Trew missed large chunks of the season
Also Phillips shouldve played more champs games for metro but they were already stacked in the midfield and he cant really play anywhere else ( usually push under agers to half forward/back).
I also thought Hollands couldve got a spot on the bench in the all aus team, he had a very solid carnival.

A few of the top players were injured though this year and didnt get a chance to impress the media types.
Thilthorpe missed the champs - I think he mightve been an all aus chance due to the lack of fwd talls
Plus Bruhn, Baldwin and Trew missed large chunks of the season
Also Phillips shouldve played more champs games for metro but they were already stacked in the midfield and he cant really play anywhere else ( usually push under agers to half forward/back).
I also thought Hollands couldve got a spot on the bench in the all aus team, he had a very solid carnival.
The amount of flack this draft has copped is ridiculous, they might be eating their words next november.

sorry to bother you guys but worth asking/wanting all your input.

You would think that the top end talented guys whom were injured would be excluded from rating that years draft. This year we saw C.Stephens, Garcia, Georgiades, Perez all taken despite injuries. What could have been if we'd seen them for the whole year?

More to the point, in 2020, if we can get all the most talented guys on the park for the whole year will likely see the draft crop rated better than it probably is given credit for. players linked to clubs or not, the best players will push to the top.

sorry to bother you guys but worth asking/wanting all your input.

You would think that the top end talented guys whom were injured would be excluded from rating that years draft. This year we saw C.Stephens, Garcia, Georgiades, Perez all taken despite injuries. What could have been if we'd seen them for the whole year?

More to the point, in 2020, if we can get all the most talented guys on the park for the whole year will likely see the draft crop rated better than it probably is given credit for. players linked to clubs or not, the best players will push to the top.
Even though Stephens missed whole year I think his range still would’ve been that 10-20 due to his kicking, his injury wasn’t soft tissue or acl etc so has less affect on his future output. Even with kemp doing an acl late in the year we saw clubs still rating him in the first round despite his injury. Georgiades is the one who could’ve pushed really high with a solid year of football, due to the lack of talls in this years crop and might’ve been taken earlier in the first round. Just shows injuries don’t mean much in your draft if you have previously displayed your talent and if you tick all the boxes persona wise, you’ll get drafted.

On a side on note. The nab league posted an article interviewing all the talent managers from clubs asking about the players drafted, then asking what players are your top hopes for next year. Every talent managers mentioned multiple players except gippsland’s who only mentioned Zach Reid, bit weird that he didn’t mention Sam berry because the consensus on here is that he’s a first rounder. Some even have him in the top 10 at this stage. Is everyone in here overrating him a bit maybe? If his talent manager thought he was top 20 at this stage he would definitely be dropping his name as they love to talk up their own players.

Last edited:

That probably says more about 2018's strength than this year or next, no?

eDPS

2020 draft's 'running man'....already bettered Rantall and Stephens 2019 Combine Yo-Yo of 21.8 with a 22.4 early in the year.

View attachment 790136

he can play footy and has elite endurance, he could go 1st round if it all works out, but at this point i think i have him around 2nd/3rd round or something? he has good skills, but like most underagers needs to up his production and will be playing his natural position next year more often which i think is wing/hff but my memory of him last year is a bit rusty, because i remember him kicking some nice i50 and goals.

he can play footy and has elite endurance, he could go 1st round if it all works out, but at this point i think i have him around 2nd/3rd round or something? he has good skills, but like most underagers needs to up his production and will be playing his natural position next year more often which i think is wing/hff but my memory of him last year is a bit rusty, because i remember him kicking some nice i50 and goals.
Played half back/wing mostly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phil partington didn’t even mention his name in who he has for next year, in a nab league article. So he must think he’s a fair way off.

Last edited:
Phil partington didn’t even mention his name with who he has for next year in a nab league article. So he think he’s a fair way off

after a game in which he kicked 2 goals in a close loss to Calder i think? he was dropped for the last 2 games of 2019, so maybe the coach has an issue with him? not sure, but he has some talent, if he can put it all together?, every year a few guys drop off the radar for one reason or another, i obviously need to see more of him to get a better read as well.

Last edited:
Phil partington didn’t even mention his name in who he has for next year, in a nab league article. So he must think he’s a fair way off.
That would be more because of some uncertainty with whether he pursues athletics or footy going forward. Harry Sharp along with Defender Jack Tillig who will likely move into the midfield in his top age year and obviously Nick Stevens are the 3 GWV Rebels most likely from their under age year. Some very, very promising youngsters coming through the Rebels for 2021's draft.

That would be more because of some uncertainty with whether he pursues athletics or footy going forward. Harry Sharp along with Defender Jack Tillig who will likely move into the midfield in his top age year and obviously Nick Stevens are the 3 GWV Rebels most likely from their under age year. Some very, very promising youngsters coming through the Rebels for 2021's draft.
Don’t know why he wouldn’t pursue footy first. If you don’t make it can always go back to athletics, much harder the other way round.

Don’t know why he wouldn’t pursue footy first. If you don’t make it can always go back to athletics, much harder the other way round.

Pie 4 Life didn't miss him...

2020 Draft Crop:

Harry Sharp
and Tillig are the two players who are making waves for 2020 in a year that will be better known for its bottom-agers at the Rebels next year. After being a young side in 2018, the Rebels were older in 2019 and will again look to the bottom-agers in 2020. Midfielders Ben Hobbs and Charlie Molan, and key forward Josh Rentsch loom as a 16-year-old trio that will be regularly monitored by the opposition with the first two hoping to hand the latter some opportunities on a silver platter inside 50.

Last edited:

Pie 4 Life didn't miss him...

2020 Draft Crop:

Harry Sharp
and Tillig are the two players who are making waves for 2020 in a year that will be better known for its bottom-agers at the Rebels next year. After being a young side in 2018, the Rebels were older in 2019 and will again look to the bottom-agers in 2020. Midfielders Ben Hobbs and Charlie Molan, and key forward Josh Rentsch loom as a 16-year-old trio that will be regularly monitored by the opposition with the first two hoping to hand the latter some opportunities on a silver platter inside 50.
Link to full article?

Link to full article?

We were hoping Stevens qualifies for our NGA but apparently he doesn’t.

The NAB League fixture has been released so ive managed to map out a few games ill be able to attend already, ill be missing Round 2 and 3 though as ill be going on a trip to Japan, expect a few notes from the APS as i try to watch some more school games again.

Nab League practise matches should be starting next week, keen to see how players have developed and any positional changes.

Jamieson Rossiter will be playing as a 19 year old for Eastern Ranges and from what I’m hearing they feel they could be in an even better position to have a go at the flag this year. Expect Wil Parker to get some midfield time this year as well and it should be interesting to see what path he takes whether it’s footy or cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back