Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
For swans, chatter that we are really into Kemp and Ryan Byrnes. Likely to put in a bid on Green if crows don't

I'm finding it difficult to comprehend the seeming universal consensus over Rowell & Anderson as the Top 2 picks....I find it difficult to split all 5...And to be perfectly blunt, I reckon Rowell has the least upside of them all.

Les Malone

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Very keen on Luke Jackson here in the West, its all 6PR sports commentators talk about, looks like he may go to GWS though.

A 199 cm ruckman seems a better prospect than the number 1 Vic boy Rowell who stands at 178 cm, i do get that height should not be a real determinant, but surely their are quite a few players at that height who would do the same thing as Rowell, not sure you can say the same for Jackson.

Why would the Crows pick Ash before homegrown Stephens? That makes zero sense to me.

I think Crows would choose a player like Stephens with no go home factor for a top 5 pick.
Help me out here Crow fans Yes/No?

He only moved to SA in year 9, boarding at St. Peter’s. Family still in Mildura.

Thanks for clarifying, so go home factor still an issue then.

Put it this way, until there is an AFL team in Mildura, he will never be where he grew up.

Adelaide is closer than Melbourne, but really I doubt he’d be road tripping it. One hour flight either way. Adelaide has the obvious benefit of being where he went to school.

Whoever takes him will be getting a kid with a good head on his shoulders, a good kick and an absolute elite runner.

Chase13

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Put it this way, until there is an AFL team in Mildura, he will never be where he grew up.

Adelaide is closer than Melbourne, but really I doubt he’d be road tripping it. One hour flight either way. Adelaide has the obvious benefit of being where he went to school.

Whoever takes him will be getting a kid with a good head on his shoulders, a good kick and an absolute elite runner.
Adelaide Sam Flanders bookmarking! Geelong desperately want him. Hope we don’t trade pick get him a gun

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm finding it difficult to comprehend the seeming universal consensus over Rowell & Anderson as the Top 2 picks....I find it difficult to split all 5...And to be perfectly blunt, I reckon Rowell has the least upside of them all.
Rowell looks like a Selwood clone to me. Just does everything well. Makes good decisions almost every time by hand or foot. Really clean and smart player. He's not an X factor player but he's a sure thing who plays well every single week. Would easily take him if Adelaide had pick 1.

troyjones2525

Debutant
May 16, 2009
Sale, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
For swans, chatter that we are really into Kemp and Ryan Byrnes. Likely to put in a bid on Green if crows dont
I would love us to draft Kemp as he looks extremely classy as a tall inside midfielder. Obviously the worry is his knee injury and I'm concerned that the failure to recover from a similar injury this year by Durak Tucker may scare us away from him.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Thoughts on Chirgwin or Mellis? Just thinking of half decent mid options at 46.
I have Chirgwin in the 45-rookie range. Has had some good games this year but also some poor games where he has lacked that little bit of class. Speed isn’t his strong suit either so I think he will need to really bulk up so he can use the most of his size as an inside mid because he does lack that speed to be anything but a strong inside player.

Mellis isn’t a bad late option in the draft and just needs to find the right club that is willing to give him a shot as he does have some AFL traits but will be mostly as a forward i reckon.

Very keen on Luke Jackson here in the West, its all 6PR sports commentators talk about, looks like he may go to GWS though.

A 199 cm ruckman seems a better prospect than the number 1 Vic boy Rowell who stands at 178 cm, i do get that height should not be a real determinant, but surely their are quite a few players at that height who would do the same thing as Rowell, not sure you can say the same for Jackson.
Jackson is over 200cm now.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
I would love us to draft Kemp as he looks extremely classy as a tall inside midfielder. Obviously the worry is his knee injury and I'm concerned that the failure to recover from a similar injury this year by Durak Tucker may scare us away from him.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Take the risk, especially due to Gulden and campbell next year. We are not challenging in 2020 so build for later. All IMO

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm

Can't see how Jackson gets to the Giants in this draft, given their picks & the Green bid, it's nigh on impossible for them to acquire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back