Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t say I know a lot about Vo2max tests so i wouldn’t be a the best one to ask about that, I might go do a bit of research on it.
Do a quick google eDPS.

It’s a pretty standard test for endurance based athletes. Certainly used in cycling. I know Cadel Evans was tested at the AIS when he was still mountain biking, and blew away all records, so they transitioned him over to road cycling.

If they only wanted Green they wouldn't have traded up, losing points in the process.

Absolutely....But they appear to have become stuck on 6 & might have been hoping the Swans pick got traded out also.....Can't see a long-term viable winning formula for them from here, in gaining a pick prior to a Green bid.

You'd imagine that any of Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney would be wanting a Kings ransom to part with a Top 5 pick from here on in.....Not seeing it.

Absolutely....But they appear to have become stuck on 6 & might have been hoping the Swans pick got traded out also.....Can't see a long-term viable winning formula for them from here, in gaining a pick prior to a Green bid.

You'd imagine that any of Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney would be wanting a Kings ransom to part with a Top 5 pick from here on in.....Not seeing it.

I'll be stuffed why any clubs help GWS with their pick manoeuvring, has happened a heap over the years. They should dig their heels in and only help the Giants trade up if it's for MASSIVE overs.

If the GWS Giants cant move up to pick #3/#4 they will most likely park their 1st round pick by trading it to another team
e.g
Trade pick #6 to Gold Coast for pick #20 + 2020 pick #11
then the bid comes for green they use the points from 20+their other crap selections
Then they can trade GWS 2020 1st rounder for GC pick #15 to draft Jackson

GC Out: 2020 pick #11 + 2019 #15 +2019 #20
GC In : 2019 pick #6 + 2020 GWS 1st rounder

GWS Out: #6 + 2020 1st rounder
GWS In : Greene (#20+#40+#59+#60) Jackson #15 +2020 GC pick #11
I'd rather draft Jackson wit 15 than trade back to next year with GWS first round.
That'd be something - GWS does the first half of the trade in good faith - Jackson lasts - we re-neg on the deal and take Jackson instead.
Would be great viewing!

I'll be stuffed why any clubs help GWS with their pick manoeuvring, has happened a heap over the years. They should dig their heels in and only help the Giants trade up if it's for MASSIVE overs.
Gws to tend to trade out most of their players for fair prices tho and a lot of them for unders

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As far as rebound back flankers go he doesn’t really have a weakness, you could say he hasn’t shown an ability to shut down a forward but for what Ash offers I would think it’s more likely a forward is sent to him to curb his influence. He can hit the scoreboard when forward and although he hasn’t shown a great deal in the midfield his last game was very promising playing mostly midfield.
He’s not lasting to pick 9 for the Blues then is he?

If the GWS Giants cant move up to pick #3/#4 they will most likely park their 1st round pick by trading it to another team
e.g
then the bid comes for green they use the points from 20+their other crap selections

I think port were thinking of trading up to 7 with freo. If gws want to trade 6 they should offer pick 12 and next years first/acouple 2nd rounders. Just my opinion as a port supporter but i think at 12 we miss out on Stephens, kemp and all the bonafide gun mids of this draft. At 7 stephens, kemp, serong, ash etc could all still be there.

e.g

Nice idea but id be staggered if Jackson gets past Geelong at 30.

Million questions time ..
Do you see worrell slipping down the order after he's shoulder injury?

Can you See Charlie dean getting picked?
Byrne's you rate highly is he top 50 ?

Million questions time ..
Do you see worrell slipping down the order after he's shoulder injury?

Can you See Charlie dean getting picked?
Byrne's you rate highly is he top 50 ?
I cant see Worrell going outside the top 30 and still see his range at 15-25. He is a long term project so a delayed pre=season wont worry clubs in that range.

Dean a rookie chance, lost confidence at the champs and has been poor ever since. Been sued in defence but u don’t rate him there and prefer him up forward.

Byrnes is in the 30-50 range for me, can see a club going for him in the second round that want instant midfield depth and a player that has the running ability to play senior football next year.

Sorry i meant #14 which is where i think Geelong will take him.

I won't be surprised in the least were Freo to take him at 10, should no bid for Henry be forthcoming prior to that.....and if they don't take him, then I doubt he lasts much longer than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS what makes Kemp a top 3? Most have him in the 6-10 range? Would he be talked about ahead of Green if he didn't do his ACL?
Without ACL I think he is a top 5 lock, I see Kemp as a potential gun inside mid who will drift forward and prove a hard matchup with his overhead marking.

Without ACL I think he is a top 5 lock, I see Kemp as a potential gun inside mid who will drift forward and prove a hard matchup with his overhead marking.

Unfortunately he has an ACL and the chance of re injury is rather high. Secondly, do you think he gained enough possessions to be worthy of a top 5 selection?

Unfortunately he has an ACL and the chance of re injury is rather high. Secondly, do you think he gained enough possessions to be worthy of a top 5 selection?
Averaging 20 disposals over both champs and Nab League that’s hardly worrying for me especially as he gets moved around. We saw what he can do as a full time mid when he got 28 touches against SA.

This year's Bontempelli. Both had the same "cons" to their game, being that they did not get enough of it. I see so much of Bont in Kemp with them having similar strengths, although Kemp is higher risk thanks to the ACL. Doubt he slides too far

This year's Bontempelli. Both had the same "cons" to their game, being that they did not get enough of it. I see so much of Bont in Kemp with them having similar strengths, although Kemp is higher risk thanks to the ACL. Doubt he slides too far

Pick 11 would be most satisfying indeed.

Pick 11 would be most satisfying indeed.
A club who is in their "window" seems the best option to be honest. I can understand rebuilding clubs not wanting to take the punt, but surely Hawks at 11, Dogs at 13 or Geelong at 14 are ideal locations considering they don't "need" their 1st round pick to instantly contribute. I can't really see him making it outside the top 10 though, he's definitely one of the most talented players in the pool

It is always interesting that players get compared to elite talent.

This years Fyfe... Dangerfield...Ablett...

Where is this years Ed Curnow? :p

It is always interesting that players get compared to elite talent.

This years Fyfe... Dangerfield...Ablett...

Where is this years Ed Curnow? :p
I've seen some pretty poor comparisons in the past to be fair. Swear I saw someone being compared to Callum Brown, as if that's going to get people excited. I wanna hear about the next Buddy Franklin, not the next Jimmy Toumpas ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back