Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

with no offence intended to mightymalaka and MUFKilda, whose contributions I really enjoy, I think the problem is Mourinho. I think he’s all wrong for Manu. Both Liverpool and United are at their best when they take the game on and play attacking, attractive football. Mourinho is the antithesis of this and produces a tight, defensive and often cynical brand of football. Then there’s the repeated pattern of the wheels falling off in the third year of Mou’s tenure. He turns on players, ridiculing them in public and causes division, with the unfortunate club then turning on itself.
I’ve got no doubt United will rise again but I’m fairly sure it won’t be while Mou is in charge.
Can't argue with that. United are a shambles just now; it's heartbreaking stuff.

Yes, completely understand the situation, it sucks. But that came across as personal abuse which isn't acceptable regardless.
Very true. It was a reaction to the result, not Brains Trust himself. :thumbsu:

My apologies to BT for any misunderstanding.

Can't argue with that. United are a shambles just now; it's heartbreaking stuff.
I was born in Liverpool but while appreciating the rivalry, never hated United, I save that for the plastic clubs. It’s quite sad to see this happen and really reminds me of LFC’s plight under H&G and that fool Hodgson. You guys will be back, too strong a club not to.

I was born in Liverpool but while appreciating the rivalry, never hated United, I save that for the plastic clubs. It’s quite sad to see this happen and really reminds me of LFC’s plight under H&G and that fool Hodgson. You guys will be back, too strong a club not to.
We are miles off the pace at the moment. Credit to Klopp, he's transformed Liverpool and brought back the feel good factor. They are good to watch, unlike United now.

Probably - apologies to Brains Trust, but it wasn't 'great' for me. No personal offence meant to BT.

That's ok, no offence taken. Shame United looked so poor during the game. Been a long time since we have dominated a game against United like that.

Go Saints

That's ok, no offence taken. Shame United looked so poor during the game. Been a long time since we have dominated a game against United like that.

Go Saints
We were atrocious yet again: the attempts on goal were 36-6. This is rock bottom and it's killing me.

We were atrocious yet again: the attempts on goal were 36-6. This is rock bottom and it's killing me.

It was the poorest Man U have played against Liverpool for many years. I couldn't believe just how poor they were. It was the amount of pocession we had that really astounded me, United always have killed us in that over the last 20 years or so. I think we had something like 65%, amazing.

Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Reds were paired with the German champions during Monday’s last-16 draw, with Anfield to host the first leg on Tuesday February 19 and the second leg scheduled for Wednesday March 13 at the Allianz Arena.

Of course, Klopp’s background means he is well acquainted with Bayern and he offered his thoughts on the tie to Liverpoolfc.com immediately after the draw.

Read on for the manager’s reaction…

On the draw…

Difficult. Good draw. It was clear it would be difficult [and] they are obviously a top side. For me it’s nice, going to Germany. But it’s just the draw. So we have now time to prepare the game, a lot of time obviously, and hopefully we have all our players available then. It will be a tough one, an interesting one, and I am looking forward to it.

On whether his history with Bayern makes any difference to the tie…

I don’t know. This is a different Bayern than what I played, we are already here for three years [and] since the Audi Cup [in the summer of 2017]. We all know the stadium, the atmosphere will be great. It’s a really nice trip for all our supporters, it’s a wonderful city, so that’s all good. The flight is not too long and we obviously know more about German football than about any other league, that’s true, but that doesn’t make a big, massive difference. In the end, the boys have to decide it on the pitch. Let’s give it a try.

Go Saints

Manchester United will face Neymar and Paris Saint-Germain in the last 16 of the Champions League, while Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp must tackle German opposition in the form of Bayern Munich.
Manchester City take on Schalke, Tottenham battle Borussia Dortmund and Cristiano Ronaldo’s Juventus meet Atletico Madrid.
Elsewhere, Lyon have been handed the unenviable task of trying to shackle Lionel Messi and Barcelona, Roma have been paired with Porto and Ajax with reigning champions Real Madrid.

Go Saints

I think Liverpool have a very good change against Bayern. City will beat Schalke; Spurs should a be a tight affair; United, again, will be the team to let down English football. I fear a record European defeat for the club against PSG. I will be at the Old Trafford leg, as usual, but have zero expectation of qualifying; zero trust in this team, manager and owners. Very bad times at the cub.

I think Liverpool have a very good change against Bayern. City will beat Schalke; Spurs should a be a tight affair; United, again, will be the team to let down English football. I fear a record European defeat for the club against PSG. I will be at the Old Trafford leg, as usual, but have zero expectation of qualifying; zero trust in this team, manager and owners. Very bad times at the cub.
At the ground?! Good stuff!
It’s still a while away, you might get lucky and get some sort of change by then. I really don’t like PSG; flat track bullies with no heart. If you can get on top early, there’s a real chance of a win at OT.

At the ground?! Good stuff!
It’s still a while away, you might get lucky and get some sort of change by then. I really don’t like PSG; flat track bullies with no heart. If you can get on top early, there’s a real chance of a win at OT.
I go to every home game - season ticket holder. Old Trafford is only a thirty minute walk.

All in, it's over £1000 to watch this s**t.

Zero trust in this team, manager and OWNERS. Very bad times at the club.

Sums it all up perfectly really!
Not much more I can add.
That was most painful to watch. No disgrace to lose to this Liverpool side at Anfield
But it is the manner of this loss that was so hard to take! We are diabolical!
With an ailing Fergie, A very old Bobby and Gill gone I seriously fear the
Soul of United has been hijacked by the f*cking Glaziers and Woodward!

Mourinho has gone. Announced on United twitter

Yeah just saw it,no real surprise after the shocking display against Liverpool on the weekend in what was an important game for both teams. The club has gone backwards under Mourinho in my opinion.

Go Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back