Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been coming. His relationship with players had broken down and performances/results haven't been good enough. It feels like a relief; we need a fresh start.
Wow. Never thought I'd learn something so dramatic on here of all places!

You'll all excuse me as I go and check all the details!
Wild times indeed at Old Trafford!

Time will tell. Interim until the end of the season then a decision made in the summer regarding the permanent manager. We need to get it right, as we've now sacked three managers since Fergie retired.
It’s such an important role. If you get that right, then most of the others problems go away. The difference Klopp made to LFC is almost incomprehensible.
I really struggle to follow the Richo defence in light of that to be honest.

What do Man U fans think of their choice of their new manager? Solskjaer, I assume he's got some experience as a manager, is he just a stop gap until they get a bigger name? He was a handy player coming off the bench but in fairness he was in a very good team at the time.

Go Saints

What do Man U fans think of their choice of their new manager? Solskjaer, I assume he's got some experience as a manager, is he just a stop gap until they get a bigger name? He was a handy player coming off the bench but in fairness he was in a very good team at the time.

Go Saints
Everyone else delighted he's here. He's manager of Molde in Norway, but he's available due to their winter break.

He's only here until the end of the season - unless he does so well he is offered it full time - but the plan is to choose a permanent manager over the summer.

He's loved at United and has the temperament to restore morale. He will lift the place, but he has a big job on his hands, trying to sort out the team.

Everyone else delighted he's here. He's manager of Molde in Norway, but he's available due to their winter break.

He's only here until the end of the season - unless he does so well he is offered it full time - but the plan is to choose a permanent manager over the summer.

He's loved at United and has the temperament to restore morale. He will lift the place, but he has a big job on his hands, trying to sort out the team.

I wish him all the best as he seems a likeable guy. I wonder who they would target if they want a bigger name?

Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Spurs.

Goals from Son Heung-min and Dele Alli gave Tottenham victory over bitter rivals Arsenal and secured a two-legged Carabao Cup semi-final against Chelsea.

Go Saints

I would think Pochettino at Spurs and Zidane will be in consideration, along with a couple of others.

I will keep an eye on that at the end of the season, should be fascinating to see which way they go.

Go Saints

Liverpool beat Wolves 2-0 today. I thought the game was tonight lol, oh well. I think I just read that was Van Dijk's first goal for Liverpool. He is having a great season.

There was some very sloppy defending by Liverpool at times, they won't want to do that against a better side. Lucky to keep a clean sheet.

Go Saints

Last edited:
He was brilliant today. Very classy player that brings a sense of calm. I thought Keita looked really good while he was on too.

Yes he played well but some of the mistakes by others were terrible. A better side would have scored at least once from those.

Go Saints

Hopefully a renaissance of the red, white and black, both here and in Straya, ahead. It's badly needed.

Yeah, I haven't seen a success drought like Man U's since Hawthorn's era of non-finals from October 2016 to September 2018... hopefully things will turn around for them. ;)

Yeah, I haven't seen a success drought like Man U's since Hawthorn's era of non-finals from October 2016 to September 2018... hopefully things will turn around for them. ;)

Tend to agree. Yes, some sympathies to those involved because it sucks and feels bad. But 13 titles in 20 seasons between 93 and 2013 has to count for something.

He was brilliant today. Very classy player that brings a sense of calm. I thought Keita looked really good while he was on too.
He is so reliable at the back, I'd say he could be the best centre half in the world right now.

And he deserved a goal eventually, too.

To be on top at Christmas is more than I could've asked from the boys. I still don't know how this Reds team is so good, we just keep on delivering week in, week out.

Hoping for an upset at the Etihad tonight, would give us a nice buffer heading into the new year. Just need to keep the form going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back