EPL Matchday 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Chelsea did well in the transfer market with signing some talented players but they didn't strengthen the weakness which is defense and GK.

Just showed against Liverpool.
Silva, Chilwell and impending Mendy.

These guys not fit yet or injured etc? Aside from Mendy.
Silva has only had a couple of sessions. Think he's been in quarantine til last week.
Chilwell not fit, had a heel injury when we signed him.

Chilwells decent but fullbacks aren't the problem for you guys.

Haven't seen if Silva is PL standard yet same with impending mendy.
Fullback is definitely a problem when it's Alonso in a four.

And Mendy can't be worse than Kepa.

I don’t reckon it was milked. Definite clip. The Christensen challenge was a red all day too. Pretty dumb to do considering Kepa possibly would have got there, although it is kepa.
Lets just agree that it was a penalty and if Werner takes it the score would’ve been 2-1 at the time.

Not huge at all Ronaldo played as a RM for the first 3 seasons as ferguson tried to make him the next david beckham until he realised that wasn't his game and moved him to LW and that's when he truly started.

We were nowhere near ready to take on Liverpool, so not very surprised at this loss.

Kepa doing what Kepa does and Christensen again fails in a big game.

cb's do what christensen does cos they have no confidence in their gk
Was still dumb. Would rather play a half of football with 11 players but 1-0 down than 10 men at 0-0.

Although every time the ball goes near Kepa I hold my breath and I have no doubt so do the team.

Penalty was there. Don't think Timo milked it too much as he tried to get a shot away.

But you'd expect that in the first few weeks while all teams find their footing, wouldn't you?

Was it the same last season?

Seems really odd, not even an issue with the short off-season because you aren't seeing similar in the Championship.

I guess what I mean is, the Liverpool-Leeds game seemed an instant classic when it finished. High scoring, end to end, goals galore, fantastic spectacle. Then we had Everton-WBA. Then we had Leeds-Fulham. Then we had Spurs-Soton. Then we had Leicester-Burnley.

Like.. the games lose their specialness and classic nature when we have so many shoot outs going on. Dunno what's caused it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not huge at all Ronaldo played as a RM for the first 3 seasons as ferguson tried to make him the next david beckham until he realised that wasn't his game and moved him to LW and that's when he truly started.

And Mane started at a lower level club?

I feel for Kepa, similar to how I felt for Karius. It’s not going to get better any time soon and his relationship with the club/angry fans is going to rapidly deteriorate further. A change in scenery would likely benefit.

I feel for Kepa, similar to how I felt for Karius. It’s not going to get better any time soon and his relationship with the club/angry fans is going to rapidly deteriorate further. A change in scenery would likely benefit.

That massive price tag is another huge boat anchor around his neck also.

Was still dumb. Would rather play a half of football with 11 players but 1-0 down than 10 men at 0-0.

Although every time the ball goes near Kepa I hold my breath and I have no doubt so do the team.

Penalty was there. Don't think Timo milked it too much as he tried to get a shot away.

Kepa did redeem himself with good saves from Wijnaldum/Salah and a deflection from Mane that had wrong footed him.

Kepa did redeem himself with good saves from Wijnaldum/Salah and a deflection from Mane that had wrong footed him.

Was it the same last season?

Seems really odd, not even an issue with the short off-season because you aren't seeing similar in the Championship.

I guess what I mean is, the Liverpool-Leeds game seemed an instant classic when it finished. High scoring, end to end, goals galore, fantastic spectacle. Then we had Everton-WBA. Then we had Leeds-Fulham. Then we had Spurs-Soton. Then we had Leicester-Burnley.

Like.. the games lose their specialness and classic nature when we have so many shoot outs going on. Dunno what's caused it.
Last year matchday 1 there were 24 goals.

Yeah when it's a new promoted team you don't know how it's going to turn out.

You haven’t personally cheered a little when your amateur team has won a penalty or gone a man up in an important game?

Personally i havent, i wouldn't cheer someone getting sent off in a game i was playing. Coaching kids i would tell them off if they did the same.

I think it was great of Klopp but each to their own

Personally i havent, i wouldn't cheer someone getting sent off in a game i was playing. Coaching kids i would tell them off if they did the same.

I think it was great of Klopp but each to their own

Looked like they were applauding the referee correctly sending off Christensen. This sort of stuff happens all the time but with no fans Klopp heard it and not wanting another Lampard meltdown incident dominating the headlines he put the subs in their place to prevent any issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back