No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the morons at * really want to open this up to public scrutiny?

Their lawyers should be ashamed of themselves for not talking the club out of doing this.

Yep, the pro-*/anti-AFL people are deluded in thinking that all the dodgy stuff the AFL did was not to help *
This is the crazy thing. There is still a whole heap of Essendope supporters (& some people within the club) who seriously believe the AFL had it in for them. They couldn't be any further from the truth if they tried to be.

Certain AFL figures probably don't want to be in the witness box, but I'm not sure the Dopers would really want said AFL figures in the witness box either. Telling the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth could end up raining a stack more grief down on the cheats.

Oh yeah, I'm sure their closet has a few more skeletons to cough up yet. :)

This is the crazy thing. There is still a whole heap of Essendope supporters (& some people within the club) who seriously believe the AFL had it in for them. They couldn't be any further from the truth if they tried to be.
That would be amazing.

"See, we told you all that the AFL knew about us cheating all along"

"So you finally admit you were cheating?"

"Ummmmm... Gee whiz look at that puppy"

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I know.
I thought this was all done and dusted.

This will forever remain a filthy stain on the AFL and Australian sport in general. The cancerous lies will never go away until the full truth is revealed. It may take a few years but lies and secrets rarely stay buried forever.

This was on a vegan podcast? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Still accepts no responsibility for not questioning the regiment, still tries to throw the club under the bus while pretending that he's not mad at them.

He's right about Essendon of course, but he's wrong about every other aspect of it, and his approach.

"Given by the club doctor".

I know it's rehashing old territory but I'll never understand how doc Reid got out of that whole mess pretty much scot-free. Disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/es...g/news-story/6b18d2a54cfb216d6be87fc35c670f2d

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan appears to be a step closer to facing a trial over his handling of the Essendon drugs saga, after a court ruling in Melbourne went mostly against the league.
McLachlan and former AFL chairman Mike Fitzpatrick are accused of engaging in misleading and deceptive conduct in relation to statements they made in the aftermath of the scandal.

Melbourne lawyer Jackson Taylor launched a case against the AFL pair in a Supreme Court writ, alleging they breached consumer laws to protect their commercial interest.

We're off again!

giphy.gif

This time I'm prepared.

The lawsuit isn't about whether or not Essendon did the wrong thing. It's about whether or not the AFL were dodgy in allowing them to play for points all year and then kicking them out of finals.
Of course they were, should have been suspended from the competition and stripped of early draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back