Competitions Essendon Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So, like, we skipped 3 picks. Carlton picked Narkle with 63, not 66. So Yoda_, Jobe is King and qwertyboy all get to pick again, and anybody taken after 63 is automatically available.

Isn't Begley STILL available...? Haha - reckon he might represent value for a pick in the 70's or wherever we are at ... quick before hawthorn grab im!

He'd represent value at 29 IMO. If Essendon get him there... Actually can I reserve "my boy" for him if we do, even though I already officially have Parish?

Speaking of picks Carlton next select Mitchell Lewis Calder Cannons.
Another roughie but feel he can really represent good value for the future.
196cm forward with good foot skills and endurance and a good footy brain. Just need to work on pace and consistency but considering his large growth spurts I think that will come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably should put a time limit, 12 hours or 24 hours and then move on. If they come back later they can pick when they realise.

With list sizes/available picks accounted for, there are only 21 picks left in rounds 5-9 now, so you might as well do the whole thing instead of five complete rounds.

So after our pick skip and reshuffle, I think we're at:

#63 - Carlton: Narkle
#64 - Geelong (Yoda_): pick pending
#65 - Collingwood: Josh Begley
#66 - Carlton: Nick Dodge
#67 - Adelaide: Sam Walker
#68 - Essendon (foj1): pass/pending
#69 - Melbourne: Xavier Richards
#70 - Carlton: Mitchell Lewis
#71 - Fremantle (Zach Package): choose your weapon

don patch sword we did it ;)

Yeah, Begley is super underrated for mine, I feel like I must not be seeing something that others are, when it comes to him. He's just so effective, he's a little nugget that fights hard, has phenomenal goal sense, and is just clean in every sense of the word. Maybe he's a little one dimensional? I couldn't care, I'd just sit him in the forward pocket. He reminds me of Gary Moorcroft.

Considering how far back he was at the start of the year his combine results are phenomenal, still a lot of upside and has the desire to improve. Had word before the TAC finals that clubs with picks in the 20s where wording him up. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go at 20 in the real thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back