Competitions Essendon Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

With the next selection in their super draft GWS select Isaac Cummings.

GWS decides to once again take a stab at a half back flanker with abit of dash. Being another home grown boy is good as well.

Richmond Pick 56 - Lachlan Tiziani

Very close to picking Romensky here, who I reckon would represent decent value at this point in the draft. Also really wanted to go SavRat (Ratugolea) here as a KPF to develop, because the 'could be anything' sense that he gives off is clear and present for me (raw potential).

Having picked Cox with 27, and having picked up Caddy and Prestia, I figured a forward who has had very decent production around goals (32 goals from last 9 games) and who has also played midfield might be a good fit for the Tiges - even if not strictly 'key position'. Sort Key Position next year.

(From Knightmare):

From mid June onwards was the clear premier goal kicker in the TAC Cup and was the number one option in a front half also containing the assumed first selected key forward Todd Marshall, along with Esava Ratugolea and Zachary Sproule who both have played through the front half at times.

He gives Collingwood variety in the front half and is a genuine forward 50m talent who provides heavy scoreboard impact with 32 goals from his last nine games and has all the tricks around goal you'd want to compliment the existing forward group.

Lachlan Tiziani (NSW/ACT)

Best position: General forward
Height, weight: 189cm, 82kg
Recruited from: Murray Bushrangers
Plays like: Daniel Menzel
Projected draft range: late/rookie
Rated last month: Unrated
Rationale behind ranking/change of ranking: Has earned his way onto draft board on the back of strong second half to the season, with a TAC Cup-leading 32 goals in his last nine games.
Strengths:
- Scoreboard impact (32 goals in last nine games for the season)
- Finishing around goal
- Balance between marking and ground level work
- Clean at ground level
- Gets to right positions to crumb effectively
- Genuine forward 50m marking target
- Strong mark overhead
- Uses body well in one-on-one marking contests
- Marking threat on the lead
- Contested marking
- Keeps his feet in the contest
- Balanced
- High leap
- Acceleration
- Agility
- Versatility to play down back or midfield if required
Weaknesses:
- Low volume accumulator when used through midfield
- Contested-ball winning
- Forward pressure
- Endurance

So he's Nick O'Brien but with better disposal?
pretty sure nob did not average 25 disposals a game in the national carnival.
pretty sure nob wasn't as hard as he needed to be as an inside midfielder.
just saying ............................

With the next three selections in the draft GWS select Cameron Zurhaar along with two father/son chances in Callum Brown and Ben Jarman.

Zurhaar is a utility type who can and will take the game on. at 188cm he is a good size to fill out the third tall role either end of the field.

Brown is a well workhorse and Leon Cameron will love the effort he brings to every contest along with his tough attitude.

Jarman did not have the greatest season but the talent is there. At this point in the draft he is well worth a shot and I am surprised someone else has not jumped in yet.

With the next three selections in the draft GWS select Cameron Zurhaar along with two father/son chances in Callum Brown and Ben Jarman.

Zurhaar is a utility type who can and will take the game on. at 188cm he is a good size to fill out the third tall role either end of the field.

Brown is a well workhorse and Leon Cameron will love the effort he brings to every contest along with his tough attitude.

Jarman did not have the greatest season but the talent is there. At this point in the draft he is well worth a shot and I am surprised someone else has not jumped in yet.
I think you have another player still to do mate, Bipolarbear your next in line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 66 Carlton Select: Quinton Narkle
A top age player this year but still a really impressive young player. Around the 6 foot mark he really caught my eye in the championships with his cleverness forward of centre. Seems to get into the right spots and has an eye for a goal. Think he has plenty to work with at the next level as a high half forward.

For anyone having trouble some names still up for grabs are

Josh Begley Forward/Midfielder
Bailey Morrish Defender
Esava Ratugolea Ruck/Forward
Harry Morrison Defender
Mitchell Hinge Defender/Wing
Hamish Brayshaw Forward/Midfielder
Nick Larkey Key Forward/Defender
Patrick Lipinski Forward/Midfielder
Luke Bunker Midfielder
Brodie Romensky Midfielder/Defender
Tom Williamson Defender
Tony Olango Ruckman
Matt Guelfi Midfielder
Liam Baker Forward/Midfielder
Brandan Parfitt Midfielder
Mitch McCarthy Key defender
Kayle Kirby Forward
Jarrod Korehwa Key Defender
Sean Darcy Ruckman
Peter Ladhams Ruckman
Jeremy Goddard Ruckman

So with their 9 selections in the draft GWS selected

Hugh McCluggage - Outside midfielder
Tim English - Ruck/Forward
Taylin Duman - Utility
Ben Long - Half forward flanker
Alex Villis - Wing
Ryan Garthwaite - KPD
Isaac Cummings - Half back flanker
Cameron Zurharr - Utility
Callum Brown - Inside midfielder
Ben Jarman - Forward pocket

Think I have done quite well with the selections I have made. Have added to each section of the ground and also picked a few utilities who will be developed over time to fit roles that are need.

Getting Ben Jarman and Callum Brown at #58 and #59 was a bargain as I thought about both of them earlier in the draft at points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back