Essendon have NOT admitted to a systemic program of giving players banned PED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're adhering to the process except when people make stuff up in the public arena about them, yes.

Sorry if that annoys you, actually no I'm not. :thumbsu:

Essendon don't seem to be claiming anything was made up. They haven't mentioned that the Dossier in Robinson's article is a fabrication, which you'd think they might.

All they have done is deny systemic injections of banned substances, which is consistent with their claim that AOD and thymosin are not banned. Of course, this is despite WADA have stated otherwise.

That article also stated that Essendon has contacted the AFP. The AFP have stated they haven't been contacted.

So let me get this straight.

Essendon have stated they haven't admitted to anything that Robbo reported.
The Feds have stated that there has been no contact from the club as reported by Robbo.

That's 2 strikes. What's the 3rd?

And yet within what 18 hours, the club comes out and disproves it.

The club would have not have done that if they felt the article was correct.

Geez I reckon we could get the mob on ABC's Media Watch on this issue. They thrive on this sort of thing.

Or maybe they were advised by their wizz bang fancy spin doctors that it was the best stratedgy for them to take.

By the way, of the Herald Sun journos claims to have actually seen a copy of the report.

Or maybe they were advised by their wizz bang fancy spin doctors told them it was the best stratedgy for them to take.

By the way, of the Herald Sun journos claims to have actually seen a copy of the report.

You Hit the nail on the head, the PR companies are in overdrive .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet within what 18 hours, the club comes out and disproves it.

The club would have not have done that if they felt the article was correct.

Geez I reckon we could get the mob on ABC's Media Watch on this issue. They thrive on this sort of thing.

Did the club release any evidence with their statement to disprove anything? Or if the EFC says something that is a fact?

Essendon has admitted injecting drugs. Essendon doesn't believe they were band. WADA does. Since WADA are the ones that determine if drugs are banned and not Essendon then yes Essendon has admitted taking banned drugs. It is black and white. Why is everyone at Essendon in denial?

That's how I read the well worded statement, nowhere does it say we had no suppliment program that included the use of injections. It just says we have not conceded to the fact that the we used illegal substances, that in the view of the EFC the suppliment program did not included illegal substances. The EFC still beleive that what they took was legal.

Essendon don't seem to be claiming anything was made up. They haven't mentioned that the Dossier in Robinson's article is a fabrication, which you'd think they might.

All they have done is deny systemic injections of banned substances, which is consistent with their claim that AOD and thymosin are not banned. Of course, this is despite WADA have stated otherwise.

This

Merging the article and the EFC statement together, I conclude that Essendon have admitted what substances they used (AOD and Thymosin). But they still contest that they were/are permissible to use.(Despite statements from WADA to the contrary). Hence the use of the word 'conceded'.

Did the club release any evidence with their statement to disprove anything? Or if the EFC says something that is a fact?

If the media make a statement as fact, they seem to be taken as fact one way or the other. And yet they don't provide anything to back their articles.

So using the North Melbourne example once again, Caro went on Footy Classified last week about Steve Saunders over-ruling Con Mitropoulos on medical matters. The club corrected the record pretty bloody quickly and that Caro, when challenged, apologised publicly for getting it wrong.

Now Essendon have taken the same path on this issue. When you defend yourself and correct the record on your behalf, you do not have to present evidence that disproves the original statement - it's a case of telling it straight.

As any politician about that. Every single day Canberra sits, at least 4 people correct the public record in the Parliament.

So let me get this straight.

Essendon have stated they haven't admitted to anything that Robbo reported.
The Feds have stated that there has been no contact from the club as reported by Robbo.

That's 2 strikes. What's the 3rd?

You need to watch the 360 replay tonight. A summary;

- Without naming sources I got the distinct impression Robbo's info was direct from ASADA
- Robbo made the important distinction that the EFC has not contacted the federal police but they will, the article starts with "Essendon will contact ......" Let's wait and see.
- Robbo rightly pointed out that if the EFC did not use banned drugs why does anyone care about the letter? If they didn't use them just say so.
- Robbo gave no indication at all that he will retract anything - he stands by every word.

I guess papers will be served on Robbo tomorrow!

If the media make a statement as fact, they seem to be taken as fact one way or the other. And yet they don't provide anything to back their articles.

So using the North Melbourne example once again, Caro went on Footy Classified last week about Steve Saunders over-ruling Con Mitropoulos on medical matters. The club corrected the record pretty bloody quickly and that Caro, when challenged, apologised publicly for getting it wrong.

Now Essendon have taken the same path on this issue. When you defend yourself and correct the record on your behalf, you do not have to present evidence that disproves the original statement - it's a case of telling it straight.

As any politician about that. Every single day Canberra sits, at least 4 people correct the public record in the Parliament.

The media are making statements in this instance with a massive legal threat hanging over them - I'm willing to bet a lot of what they are reporting is pretty close to the truth.

You need to watch the 360 replay tonight. A summary;

- Without naming sources I got the distinct impression Robbo's info was direct from ASADA
- Robbo made the important distinction that the EFC has not contacted the federal police but they will, the article starts with "Essendon will contact ......" Let's wait and see.
- Robbo rightly pointed out that if the EFC did not use banned drugs why does anyone care about the letter? If they didn't use them just say so.
- Robbo gave no indication at all that he will retract anything - he stands by every word.

I guess papers will be served on Robbo tomorrow!

But Robbo is Essendons puppet, has zero credibility and The Sun is silent on this issue...

Anybody find it interesting that this headline came out just as the Dank "i have the e-mail story" was about to be broken not at 9.am this morning.
Yes, nothing but a last ditch attempt by Essendon to delay the inevitable reaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back