Discussion Essendon's 2011 jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Any views on the late and sudden shared sponsership situation, where Samsung (already a long term paid up contractual sponser from 2 years ago) has forfeited 50% jumper exposure to ''True Value Solar"?
I would have thought they owned both front and back for the full term, after their major initial contract signing.

Realistically, none of us would know the specific sponsorship arrangement details of any club. So it's quite hard to comment or form a view, especially over something as small as a sponsors logo. Perhaps Samsung only had full jumper sponsorship for 2 years, or times have gotten tough for them this year and it's opened up a chance for Essendon to provide a new sponsor some guernsey space.

I honestly wouldn't be too worried. I'd be actually thrilled that the club can gather major sponsors as easily as it seems Essendon does. Regardless of what it says or looks like, sponsorship is valuable dollars which makes the clubs tick over.

Yes of course that goes without saying,and i always acknowledge any sponser dollars are great, but i guess i'm just curious about this one,considering it involves the giant company Samsung,which i believe is in the 3rd year of a 5 year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back