Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It feels different under Rafa.

Under Carlo it felt like we had potential and it would take time to unlock it; time for him to get the guys in he wanted, time for the players to adapt, time for him to adapt from a club pushing for the title and CL, to a club hovering around the mid-table mark, haemorrhaging money for overpaid transfers and all the while him not being 100% sure how to bridge the gap.

Under Rafa, he knows the club (know thy enemy), the city, the culture and he's taken it all in his stride. He's been at clubs pushing for the title and CL - and to clubs fighting for survival. So he knows how to adapt once he's looked in at what needs addressing.

Here's to more good results from Rafa the Gaffer

I switched off after 2-0. Before their first went in, I thought almost every attack we made looked dangerouns, just - as you say - no striker depth; no one there to smash them in. Plus their first was a counter from what should have been a corner to us after Gray's shot (was a poor option from him anyway)

The depth is an issue and unfortunately there's not much we can do about it now. Moise Kean was never a good fit, but * me, might as well have kept him for depth as the lad is hungry, regardless of him wanting to be here or not (and it's not like Juve are doing anything - they are winless in Serie A!)

Agree re: no depth. It will be our downfall for this season.

Hard to pass too much judgement on Rafa until FFP restrictions are lifted. We desperately need a RB in January though. I'm not a big fan of spending money in Jan but if we are allowed to, must buy a RB above all else.

Now with James gone and Siggy probably sacked eventually, Iwobinho can play his preferred number 10 role and lead us to the promised land Championship.

He’ll have to earn it ahead of the sheer numbers of other talented and creative players we have as options though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 - really wish we signed a right back
2 - really hope King Yerald can stay fit and actually string a stack of games together, he can be a beast at the back
3 - really hope DCL is back after the break, Rondon is gash

Lack of Richy and DCL catching up with us. No need to panic.

Only panic is that this is now the squad that Marcel built, desperation signing of Rondon is unforgivable to not leave us with capable back up depth when inevitable injuries occur.

Aside from GK, we are a still a minimum of one player short across all 3 lines

I am done. I should have left this s**t club during the Marco Silva debacle, the pride of not turning your back on a team got the better of me.

What have I gained? Absolutely nothing, only constant heartache.

This is a s**t club. Has not been a good club since the 80s, before my time.

Going from 2–1 up to losing 2-4 to Watford - with a Josh King hat trick after being given zero game time with us - is the most Everton result of all time.

One step forward, two back. Yet again. Waste of time.

Another great present from Carlo. Refused to play him, so he left. Could have had him doing a job better than Rondon, the absolute ******* donkey.

After our recruitment strategy (if you could call it that), we deserve every bit of this mess we have become.

Brands looked like the most crucial appointment since Moyes, but he’s been a disaster. This squad is his squad, and it’s a ******* unbalanced shambles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back