Multiplat F1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

so Monaco is bloody hard without a wheel. Just in practice i punctured about 4 sets of tyres, then in qualifying the rain came down and i punctured another set. Race comes and i survive about 5 laps before turning into too early at the pool and smashed my left front wheel in. Just retired from the session and will give it a go once my setup is ready.

Catalunya is my favourite track with just a PS4 controller so far. Can full lock the turn and flat floor around many corners.

So i couldnt wait for my wheel stand to arrive. I mounted my new Thrustmaster 300rs to the dining table and plonked it in front of the TV. Tyre management sessions are easy now to get perfect. Also managed to get my first pole position at Baku which is a prick of a circuit to drive on. Got a 1:44.414 in Q3 which was enough for 1st place in my renault on expert mode.

The research I did gave me the impression you're better off getting a G27 and save some $$. Tech heads reckon the g29 is just a repackaged g27 with some different aesthetics.

Yeah I think that too

Thrustmaster make a wheel too ....

Im wondering if I should get a ts300 or g29

More you tube videoing required

I have used both wheels extensively. Can't go wrong with either.

T300 - Wheel and FFB feel is on another level to the G29. Stock pedals are ok, but trying to find the threshold point on the brake under pressure can be a pain in the butt.
G29 - Pedals are much better than T300. Wheel FFB is still ok. Also has more buttons for on-the-fly adjustments.

If you're budget constrained, grab the G29. I actually think I'm slightly faster on the G29 as I'm able to use the brake with much more subtlety. If you can handle the extra expense, then probably grab the T300, as it does feel amazing. You can then upgrade the pedals at a later date if you wish (I'm still waiting for an influx of cash for this).

I have used both wheels extensively. Can't go wrong with either.

T300 - Wheel and FFB feel is on another level to the G29. Stock pedals are ok, but trying to find the threshold point on the brake under pressure can be a pain in the butt.
G29 - Pedals are much better than T300. Wheel FFB is still ok. Also has more buttons for on-the-fly adjustments.

If you're budget constrained, grab the G29. I actually think I'm slightly faster on the G29 as I'm able to use the brake with much more subtlety. If you can handle the extra expense, then probably grab the T300, as it does feel amazing. You can then upgrade the pedals at a later date if you wish (I'm still waiting for an influx of cash for this).

Yeah cheers ...I. Designing my own stand and building it from an old go kart frame I got from the tip shop ...Ill be able to fit it ...saves buying the really expensive seat - stand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got this as a present, not really into F1 but reading the reviews it looks like i will enjoy this. Is there an online Career feature or only an offline Career? Whats the online racing like>?

Online is like any racing game really. You'll have some good games where everyone tries to race cleanly, then you'll have rage-inducing games where you continually get taken out. When you get a group together that you know and everyone drives clean, its awesome fun

Is there ever any Bigfoot style online racers organised?

Not that I'm aware of. As I posted above, I'm always happy to have other people to race against, the more the merrier, whatever their ability.

If you're keen on organised racing, then I suggest visiting raceonoz.com and signing up there. They organise leagues in all racing games. I drive casually with a handful of them during the week as the league timing doesn't work for me, and they're all good guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back