FA Cup FA Cup 2023/24 (Final: Man City vs Man United) - On Paramount+

Football Association Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it’s predictably turned in to an “elites v the rest”, so those that aren’t in the “elite” feel they have no choice but to rally against it.

I’m convinced we’ll look back on this in a decade as a good move that will breathe new life in to the competition.
Pretty much anyone I've spoken to who has argued in favour of replays has either used "I have all these great memories from my youth" or "replays fund clubs for years". The former isn't being taken away from you and the latter speaks to a funding issue rather than a replay issue.

Yeah it’s predictably turned in to an “elites v the rest”, so those that aren’t in the “elite” feel they have no choice but to rally against it.

I’m convinced we’ll look back on this in a decade as a good move that will breathe new life in to the competition.

Breathe life? Really?

Why not? Puts more important on a singular game, more reason for people to attend, more riding on the result.
You really think people don't attend because a game might be a draw and a replay?

Come on.

The game not being the last of the season lessons the prestige of the competition as well.

Good for the top few, they don't give a * about the competition.

You really think people don't attend because a game might be a draw and a replay?

Come on.

The game not being the last of the season lessons the prestige of the competition as well.

Good for the top few, they don't give a * about the competition.

You think people don't go to the games because of the date of the final? I think it has more to do with the demeanour with which clubs treat the games. If clubs knew they had no second chance they'd potentially play stronger teams in the ties which would elevate the quality of the games.

You think people don't go to the games because of the date of the final?

No? Did I suggest that was the case?

I think it has more to do with the demeanour with which clubs treat the games. If clubs knew they had no second chance they'd potentially play stronger teams in the ties which would elevate the quality of the games.

Suspect we won't see much difference at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back