Multiplat Fallout 76

Remove this Banner Ad

A brand new full game?
From the stream:
After 19 hrs of various vault boy bobble head related antics

"Have we waited long enough guys? I think we have. We want to thank all of you who tuned into this, it's amazing, we have had over 2 million unique visitors to the stream, to watch I dunno what? Nothing. But um, we have something really cool to show you, It's a tease for our next game, and we will see you all at E3, June 10th. Thanks again."

Hopefully it is a full game. If it is some ridiculous mobile or online game I'll be pretty pissed.
Doesn't look mobile based on the trailer.

Have been rumours they wanted to do an online version though.

At the start the pipboy is showing 27 October 2102 so there’s our setting and it’s 25 years to the week after the bombs fell.

After looking up Bethesda Austin it looks like they assisted Id with multiplayer content for Doom. Who knows what this will be, sounds like we shouldn’t set our expectations for Fallout as we know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Praying for it to not be an online game. I love Fallout more than anything but I would seriously consider not even bothering if it’s online - just make it a normal Fallout game and reap in the sales and acclaim.

But I wouldn’t trust this one source saying it’s online just yet - wait for everything to be unveiled at E3

The very notion is a like having a knife twisted through your heart. It's the opposite of what Fallout is.

After Fallout 4 it doesn't give as much hope. People can cop the usual bugs for a rich RPG experience.

Fingers crossed it's a return to the Fallout of old.

Praying for it to not be an online game. I love Fallout more than anything but I would seriously consider not even bothering if it’s online - just make it a normal Fallout game and reap in the sales and acclaim.

But I wouldn’t trust this one source saying it’s online just yet - wait for everything to be unveiled at E3

The one source that knew fo 4 was set in Boston and a heaps of other details prior to release. He's usually pretty good.
It's too soon after four for a whole new game considering Bethesda don't sell their ip anymore,, I reckon online fallout will be mad.

If it's like ESO (with as much lore and depth) then I could maybe handle that. For an online game it's very single player friendly.

If it's like ESO (with as much lore and depth) then I could maybe handle that. For an online game it's very single player friendly.

Remembering Vault 76 was a control vault with the purpose of repopulating the wasteland, there was no funny s**t like the other vaults with the FEV or drugs in the water and no 20 men 10 women and a panther.

From the Fallout Wiki
Vault 76 A control Vault that was intended to open and recolonize the surface after 20 years.[16] Capital Wasteland

In FO3
In that game, inside the Citadel (the headquarters of the Brotherhood of Steel and staging area for the final missions of the main story) is a Vault-Tec terminal. Vault 76 is located in Virginia

If like dwwaino said it's set 20 years to the day after the war. There won't be massive places like Megaton or Diamond City. I reckon it will be more a sandbox survival game, they will want to use the base building mechanics from FO 4 and turn it into a multiplayer game will prob be more Day Z than ESO.

My issue is how quickly did super mutants evolve and ghouls and deathclaws, if it's only 20 years will it be missing heaps of the stuff people love from FO games, will devolve into build a base die rinse repeat with no real substance. So hopefully it's more mmo than survival

Edit: apparently the date is about 25 years to the day after the first bombs, so there will be tons of radiation, fresh ghouls, super radroaches.
Wouldn't surprise me is the vault is the main hub and you go out and play survival simulator from there in the mountains of Virginia

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back