List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyle Hartigan and Emily - Son Henley born December 2021

Ian Perrie has "a young family"

The Johncocks have a second son, aged 4/5, name not known (by me)

Mackays have a younger son Tom

Have finished my fun stalking now...

I see Welsh named for WWT in the U18's.

Under-18
F: Russell Swansson, Welsh, Phillipou
HF: Parisi, Cruse, Kilpatrick
C: Angove, Herbert, Hall
HB: Sauer, Pearce, Dodd
B: Hankins, McGorman, Hartley-Brown

R: Hansen, Lucas, Schwarz
INT: Farrugia, Blake Harris, Hill, Hodges, Reschke, Young

Last edited:
Why would Welsh be playing for WWT this week?
Perhaps because the National U18's are in progress and that's where Bamford wants him playing?

After all he's not on the Crows list yet.

DATEMATCHVENUETIME BROADCAST
Sun, May 26SA vs AlliesThebarton Oval11:00amAFL.com.au
Sun, June 2Allies vs WABlacktown ISP12:00pmAFL.com.au
Sun, June 9Vic Metro vs AlliesIKON Park10:05amAFL.com.au
Fox Footy
Sun, June 9Vic Country vs SAIKON Park12:30pmAFL.com.au
Fox Footy
Sun, June 16SA vs WAAlberton Oval10:05amAFL.com.au
Fox Footy
Sun, June 23WA vs Vic MetroOptus Stadium10:45amAFL.com.au
Sat, June 29WA vs Vic CountryRevo Fitness Stadium10:30amAFL.com.au
Sun, June 30SA vs Vic MetroAlberton Oval10:05amAFL.com.au
Fox Footy
Sun, July 7Allies vs Vic CountryBrighton Homes Arena10:35amAFL.com.au
Sun, July 14Vic Metro vs Vic CountryIKON Park10:35amAFL.com.au
Fox Footy

Why would Welsh be playing for WWT this week?
Yep as I suspected...

By ZAC MILBANK

Adelaide’s has revealed its recruits for the 2024 Hostplus SANFL League season, headlined by father-son prospect Tyler Welsh and promising ruckman Toby Murray.

Welsh, the son of Scott Welsh who played 129 AFL games for Adelaide between 2000-2007, arrives from Woodville-West Torrens under the SANFL’s Rookie Program while Murray, the younger brother of Crow Nick Murray, lands from Wangaratta in country Victoria.

A member of Adelaide’s Next Generation Academy for the past four years, Welsh is eligible to be nominated by the Crows as a father-son selection in the 2024 AFL Draft.

He will be the second player, after North Adelaide’s Blayne O’Loughlin last year, to accept Adelaide’s invitation under the SANFL Rookie Program, which allows players to return to their SANFL club if not selected at League level.

The 17-year-old will only be considered for selection by Adelaide outside of his AFL Academy and SA U18 team commitments surrounding the 2024 AFL National Championships.

“This presents a fantastic developmental opportunity for Tyler to gain some early exposure to an AFL environment,” SANFL Head of Football Operations Sean Toohey said of Welsh, who is also completing an AFL Sportsready Community and Football Administration Traineeship at West Lakes.

”It also provides him with the chance to play in a really strong state league competition – the Hostplus SANFL League.

”I commend both the Adelaide and Woodville-West Torrens Football Clubs for working together to ensure a positive outcome for Tyler, whilst also factoring in his SA U18 State Team commitments next year.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Vader - just saw on the draft board that Mitch Stevens is playing for Gippsland Power as an under-age this year, and is definitely the 2025 draft.
I think he might actually still be eligible for U16's which would make him 2026?

I see Herbert named in the Eagles U18's too. With Beecken off to the Lions, he'd be handy in the League team this weekend with his run, but they must be keeping them out of League action until after the U18 champs are over, Welsh included.
Yet Sid Draper, Ryan Borlace and Phoenix Hargrave have been named for the Panthers as has small forward/mid Benny Barrett who was an emergency against the Allies when the teams went up on the SANFL site? Don't know what's going on there.

Assuming Stevens progresses, will be interesting to see if he wants to be a FS selection.

He would be the first FS prospect for us based outside SA?

Being part of our FS academy is surely a good sign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back