Ronin
The Quick and the Dead
Point Break
True Romance
Rapid Fire
Hard Target
Event Horizon
Blade
And the usuals - Forrest Gump, Lebowski, Ace Ventura, Groundhog day, Heat, Point Break, Shawshank, Jurrasic park

...and special shoutout to Independance Day, only time I've ever been in a cinema where the packed out audience started going apeshit cheering. It was when the forcefield went down on the alien mother ship lol.

Falling Down mate what a scene. I lost my s**t once in Maccas the stupid campaigners ****ed up my order!!!!!

I didn't pull out a machine gun though.

An incomplete list (I'll add to this when I remember films)

The Usual Suspects (1995)
Last Night (1998)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Young and Dangerous (1996)
Army of Darkness (1992)
Heat (1995)
Jackie Brown (1997)
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)
The Castle (1997)
Dead Man (1995)
Happy Gilmore (1996)
The Birdcage (1996)
The Fifth Element (1997)
All About My Mother (1999)
The Crow (1994)
Run Lola Run (1998)
From Dusk till Dawn (1996)
Braveheart (1995)
Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Independence Day (1996)
Face/Off (1997)
Total Recall (1990)
Trainspotting (1996)
The Truman Show (1994)
Being John Malkovich (1999)
The Professional (1994)
Good Will Hunting (1997)
Fargo (1996)
Gattaca (1997)
Unforgiven (1992)
L.A. Confidential (1997)
Goodfellas (1990)
The Matrix (1999)
Strange Days (1995)
Screamers (1995)
Con Air (1997)
Starship Troopers (1997)
A Few Good Men (1992)
Donnie Brasco (1997)
Carlito's Way (1993)

Last edited:
Heat

Alternate scenarios

And fill me in on this. Was Neil disappointed that Val Kilmer didn't go with him? I think so. Can someone clarify for me. When he went at the door and John Voight said '' it's a free country '' was he making reference to Val who wanted to go his own way?

If only Voight didn't mention where Wayne Gro was when he was on the phone to him while driving with that book store chick. '' You're home free '' I wish Neil just kept driving and sailed off into the sunset. It did make a good ending though the way it actually happened. But * I wish he just kept driving on the right path literally. But I do understand that in his mind, Gro killed innocent people. Got his mate killed as well and ****ed up his plans. That Van Zam campaigner got what he deserved too.

I felt bad for that chick for the first time last night. Maybe I have before, but watching it I thought what a campaigner Neil. I know his reasons. But he had it all, all he had to do was get on that plane.

Also Ashley Judd. Was she going to do jail time? As if she wouldn't have exposed Val when he got out the car if it was her ass on the line. I only just thought yesterday what would have happened to them after all of this.

And that guy that got shot dead after they robbed the bank. Man he had a lot of money too and assets. He should have walked away as Neil said. Neil was awesome. But that greed factor drove them to their own down fall. It happens. We've all been there and done that to some degree.

Awesome movie. Probably my all time favourite. It would be my number 1 actually because it had it all. The story line. The creativity. The cast. The music. Everything.

De Niro and Pacino were like a Lockett-Ablett State of Origin combination.

10/10

It's Waingro. His first name is never revealed in the movie.

McCauley never got over the fact that the robbery of the armoured truck turned into a triple-murder because of Waingro's actions and drew the attention of cops like Vincent Hanna, whereas if it Waingro had not killed the guard, then it probably would not have been escalated. Waingro also placed an anonymous tip to the LAPD about the intention of McCauley and his crew robbing the bank, so McCauley wanted to get revenge on Waingro for destroying his crew.

I suspect that Ashley Judd's character would have not done jail time. What could they hold her on? It would be very hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she obstructed justice by warning away her husband when he drove past the safe house.

My favourite decade. Laden with blockbusters and nostalgia.

Made a top 10 for sh*ts and gigs.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. The Silence of the Lambs
3. Fargo
4. Scream
5. The Matrix
6. Groundhog Day
7. The Lion King
8. The Fugitive
9. Unforgiven
10. The Rock

Honourable mention to Two Hands for perfectly capturing 90s Sydney/Aussie crime.

My favourite decade. Laden with blockbusters and nostalgia.

Made a top 10 for sh*ts and gigs.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. The Silence of the Lambs
3. Fargo
4. Scream
5. The Matrix
6. Groundhog Day
7. The Lion King
8. The Fugitive
9. Unforgiven
10. The Rock

Honourable mention to Two Hands for perfectly capturing 90s Sydney/Aussie crime.
It does feel that the last decade, in terms of mainstream blockbusters, has been weighed down by comic book movies and franchise restarters. The '90s had their own franchise starters in The Matrix and Scream, original action like Jurassic Park, Speed, comedies like Groundhog Day, Truman Show and The Castle, quality films like Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, LA Confidential, as well as some franchise continuation like T2. There seemed to be much more variety.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back