Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

You like a decent beer and it makes you a Hipster?

Yeah, I found that comment rather odd!

Look at you two hipsters who like to taste nice beer, bet you'd prefer to match it with a scotch fillet over a blade steak too.

MorrisonBreweryEnglishBitterlabel.png

Another good offering out of Tassie. Good to see the beer industry down there taking a leaf out of the world renown whiskey distillers book and creating a beer trail http://tasbeertrail.com/

Gave Little Creatures Pale Ale a hit last night.
This is not the same beer I didn't mind 5 years ago and nor is Mountain Goat, whilst FatYak has always been ordinary.

Who drinks these beers any more? Complete imposters and then they ask premium prices...........never again.

I agree quality has gone down a bit when each of these breweries got taken over by the big boys.

I'm not that disappointed because I think that the general quality across the board in the craft beer scene has gone up over the past five years in Australia.
And a made a nice profit on little creatures shares when lion came on board

I agree quality has gone down a bit when each of these breweries got taken over by the big boys.

I'm not that disappointed because I think that the general quality across the board in the craft beer scene has gone up over the past five years in Australia.
And a made a nice profit on little creatures shares when lion came on board

I agree and am surprised just how good some are.
Unfortunately most breweries can't nail it across all their range but the quality is getting better and about time.
The Kiwis have pulled our pants down and we're just starting to lift them now :)

Grumpys is fantastic. I go there a few times a year. Awesome pizza and beers you cant get anywhere else. My girlfriend likes their cider, too.
I know this is an old post to quote, but once again. Kudos to Grumpys. Top spot for a delicious micro brewed beer and wood oven pizza.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, is there a rule if you can take beer on carry on domestically and if you can how much?

Obviously you can't consume it but you can take it on. I have traveled with 2 x 6 packs (carefully packed) before. I think it just falls under the same rules as any carry on luggage in terms of weight & size. I often take some home brew interstate when I fly for friends and family.

I know this is an old post to quote, but once again. Kudos to Grumpys. Top spot for a delicious micro brewed beer and wood oven pizza.

It's for sale now, so I'm not sure what the future holds for them. If you have a spare 3 million it can be yours. I think the new owner should rebrand it, TBH. The beer has fallen way back in the pack when it comes to craft beer. They need a good brewer to take it in a more modern direction. Their beers are all a little mediocre these days. Pizzas are still great though.

Gave Little Creatures Pale Ale a hit last night.
This is not the same beer I didn't mind 5 years ago and nor is Mountain Goat, whilst FatYak has always been ordinary.

Who drinks these beers any more? Complete imposters and then they ask premium prices...........never again.

LC IPA is their best beer now. I agree, the Pale Ale isn't what it once was. I'm not sure if it's just my tastes evolving though.

I still enjoy Mountain Goat, in particular the Summer Ale and Fancy Pants. Not a big fan of Hightail or Steam. Their "Rare Breed" limited release beers are always worth trying.

Fat Yak is s**t, I've never rated it and I don't get why it's so popular.

LC IPA is their best beer now. I agree, the Pale Ale isn't what it once was. I'm not sure if it's just my tastes evolving though.

I still enjoy Mountain Goat, in particular the Summer Ale and Fancy Pants. Not a big fan of Hightail or Steam. Their "Rare Breed" limited release beers are always worth trying.

Fat Yak is s**t, I've never rated it and I don't get why it's so popular.

Lived in Perth during the high times of Little Creatures (still arguably my fave beer spot in Freo Aus wide) and their beers have definitely changed. The Pale Ale is a long way from what it once was and I struggle to even drink the Pilsner now. The IPA, Bright Ale and their seasonal stouts are still pretty good though.

I did use to turn to Fat Yak when it was the only craft(ish) beer you'd find on tap and didn't have much of an issue with it. That being said I had a pint several months ago and would have probably preferred a CUB product. Matilda Bay do at least have a few decent beers though that seems to be the most popular.

Maybe a noob question somewhat, but why do I get so many bottles of craft beer that fizzes over when its opened and has a massive head when poured?

Doesn't happen with big commercial brews.

Am I doing it wrong or are they?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

That shouldn't happen. I've had it happen with quite a few Lord Nelson beers and I refuse to buy them now for that reason, but it's not something that occurs very often for me, and I try a LOT of different beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back