Favourite Comedy shows/movies

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by ant
Funniest tv shows and my favourites are Seinfeld, The Simpsons and Everybody Loves Raymond. I swear when I grow older I will be just like either Jerry or Raymond :)

When you grow older is there a chance of you being like Homer too?? :p

DOH!

Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel
TV Shows : The Simpsons, The Micaleff Pogram, Seinfeld, The Late Show, Good News Week, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers, Good Night Sweetheart, The Young One, Frontline

Movies - hmmmm dunno really, I find most movie comedies pretty lame actually.

Pearl Harbour had me in stitches but I don't think it was meant to be a comedy ! ;) :D

Saw a little B-Grade movie not so long ago called "Office Space" about the mildly insane work conditions modern office workers have to endure.

Only a silly little film but very funny and very true !

Spinal Tap still does it for me after all these years

cheers

I hear ya BSA, Office Space is a classic!!

As for tv shows, i cant believe nobody has mentioned the funniest tv show ever ... Red Dwarf

I LOVE THAT SHOW.

Other faves include, Simpsons, Seinfeld, Fawlty Towers, Monty Pythons ect ect.

In fact the british in general are hilarious.

Originally posted by Asgardian
Keeping up Appearances, Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister, Randall & Hopkirk Deceased, Hogan's Heroes, Monty Python and all parts thereof

"A Fish Called Wanda" and "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

Randall & Hopkirk Deceased !?! You mean the one from the late sixites Chris? My mate raves about that show. Ive never seen it but i do know that there was an update version made in the last few years by a couple of the newer UK comics.

Amazed, somebody else has heard of it!

TV shows, aside from a few early American classics like the Jackie Gleeson show, particularly the 'Honeymooners'. Its all
pretty much UK stuff. Hancocks Half Hour, Open all Hours, Porridge, Til death do us Part, Last of the Summer Wine, Not Only ... But Also, Q, One foot in the Grave, Bread (first two series), the Young Ones, Shelley (the closest character to myself ive ever seen on screen), Butterflies, Goodnight Sweetheart Ab Fab (cant believe im the first to mention it), French & Saunders, Vicar of Dibley, the Likely Lads, Some Mothers do ave em, Two Ronnies, Minder, Citizen Smith, Morecomb and Wise, Simpsons, 'Allo 'Allo, Waiting For God, Men Behaving Badly, Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister, Dads Army, Duckman, Fawlty Towers, Steptoe and Son, The Goodies, Just Good Friends ,Only Fools and Horses, Ripping Yarns, Alexei Sayle's Stuff, Man about the House. Keeping Up Appearances (yes, its been repeated ad nauseam but i still thought it was a great show).

Just on Seinfeld, ive watched and agree with what ive heard some people say, Bob Newhard was doing it earlier (and better) back in the mid-seventies.

As you can see, very beeb (BBC) centric. I just dont get U.S comedy (not the recent stuff anyway). An excellent site for
information of many (damn near all) is http://www.phill.co.uk/
You can also order videos/merchandise if your so inclined.

Movies, All Marx Bros (A Night At The Opera) "The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part".
Some all time classic lines can be found in Marx Bros movies.

Silent films (yes, Silent) The General, Our Hospitality (Buster Keaton), The Kid, The Gold Rush, City Lights, Modern Times,
the Great Dictator (Chaplin). The 'forgotten' silent great Harold Lloyd, Safety Last, the Freshman.

But the funniest laugh out loud stuff ive ever heard, or i guess am likely to hear are 'the Goon Show' radio tapes.

Everyone thats ever laughed at Python, Young Ones, Fast Show etc skit sketch comedy. This is where they all came from.
Simply the three funniest men ever, Peter Sellers, Harry (Neddy) Secombe and the legendary and somewhat tragic Spike Milligan.

T.V Sienfeld, Arlis, Monty Python, Larry Sanders, M.A.S.H
Someone earlier remined me of Dave Allen at Large, very funny.

Movies. Caddyshack, The Party, Holy Grail, Life of Brian.

PS. The show with Gary McDonald and Ruth Cracknell, I can't remember what it's called but it's real funny.

Stretch.

Originally posted by thestretch60

PS. The show with Gary McDonald and Ruth Cracknell, I can't remember what it's called but it's real funny.

Stretch.

Mother and Son.

Damn I forgot about that, its about the only true 'classic' Aussie sitcom ever made. Says alot about our lack of being able to produce only one in forty years of broadcast television.

Originally posted by Grendel

Mother and Son.

Damn I forgot about that, its about the only true 'classic' Aussie sitcom ever made. Says alot about our lack of being able to produce only one in forty years of broadcast television.

I tried to think of another Aussie comedy that could rate a mention, but the cupboard's bare.

Stretch

Mother and Son is far and away the best situation comedy Australia has ever made.

Like most great sitcoms, its not the jokes, its the acting that really makes it stand out.

Australians are better at sketch comedy, and satirical send-ups rather than sitcoms

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back