NT Police Applicant & Shown No Loving From Recruitment

Remove this Banner Ad

That answers the question "why the long face?"

f0d4f4c048e5ead1fa349557282c5c3b

An interesting case.

Some people associate sex workers with drugs, tax evasion and other illegal activities. Which of course may not be true of most sex workers.

However, if the only reason she is not being allowed to join the force is moral grounds, this is a big can of worms.

I met a few girls studying law at uni who said (I have no evidence they did) were sex workers by night to find their expensive uni fees.

Those could now be lawyers / judges / police etc but not have declared that past.

Stay tuned to the dial for the latest developments!

3 reasons I can think of:

One: She will have more dirt on most senior police who would have demanded free sex for not charging her with being a pro.

Two: The wives of serving coppers would not like it

Three: The police are not in the business of providing a uniform allowance to a woman who wants to use her police outfit for a strip tease event!

It’s discrimination plain and simple

I knew girls who did sex work while at Uni to cover education costs. It’s no different from any other casual job that other students took up.

I do know in WA the Integrity Check for a Justice Clearance has a “character” question - ie. affiliations with bikies etc but I don’t recall sex workers being on the list

I am though curious to how old she is given that she was arrested for streaking in 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back