Racing February Daily Punt: Sorting out the squibs from the cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Asgari isn't a solid tipster.

Anyway,

Barber wins the Diamond
Lofty wins the Oakleigh
Gent Roy wins the Futurity

Thank me later.

Genty won the Orr (or should have if not for the stewards) but that was his day in the sun sadly. Would be staggered if the better horses don't improve past him this time around

At least Brave Halo won’t get blocked this time

View attachment 1612499

Arkansaw Kid gets a run too laughable

image.png

Steel City looks the big winner to me

Reasonable. But I cant let a horse who was favourite for the Slipper one run ago go around at almost double figs against the Melbourne dross

To me the fact it’s coming to Melbourne suggests it’s going awful. Would be full steam ahead to the slipper if it was going any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s peoples thoughts on the Oakleigh Plate?

Looks the clear race of the day for mine

Suprised Chain of Lightning isn’t closer to fave with Willow on after that complete train wreck of a ride last start

One of the best I can remember. Think I’ll also be playing through the Rubiton formline and Chains and then assess which sf accepts. But could easily take 5 or 6 in the quad and not hit a place getter

One of the best I can remember. Think I’ll also be playing through the Rubiton formline and Chains and then assess which sf accepts. But could easily take 5 or 6 in the quad and not hit a place getter
Get a weight on swing on everything out of the Rubiton, which it clearly should of won looking at the head on of the last run.

Also gets G1 Willow on, whereas UJ gets Ben Thompson

Looks an insanely good bet to my eye

Gotta wait for barriers before jumping into oakleigh plate.

It’s a one turn chute start so they probably won’t be as important as they would be at Caulfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back