Fev an outside chance for 100?

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddyBuddy

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
He's sitting on 81. Let's assume we play 2 finals, he'll need to get just over 6 a game to reach the 100.

We do play Adelaide next week though and he hasn't done too well against them in the past with 1, 5, 1 and 2 goals in the last 4 meetings.

If he can somehow manage to snag 4 or 5 next week and we win a final or two, he might go close. Will probably just miss out though, yet again.

Considering his down patch this year, he has done well to get where he has. We know Brendan wants his 100 goal season at least once, but if he thought about it, he has probably cost himself about 10 goals through dropping his head, having a sook, especially in the Freo game on the Gold Coast. He could be a lay down misere to kick the tonne during the finals if he gave 100% at all times. I guess he wouldn't be Fev then and wouldn't get that kick up the arse that causes him to rise above the status of mere mortal during game time.

Considering his down patch this year, he has done well to get where he has. We know Brendan wants his 100 goal season at least once, but if he thought about it, he has probably cost himself about 10 goals through dropping his head, having a sook, especially in the Freo game on the Gold Coast. He could be a lay down misere to kick the tonne during the finals if he gave 100% at all times. I guess he wouldn't be Fev then and wouldn't get that kick up the arse that causes him to rise above the status of mere mortal during game time.

I agree here 100%

Fevola 81
Brown 75
Franklin 67
Riewoldt 59

Even though they have North and Melbourne, Riewoldt won't be kicking 22+ goals to close the gap, Frankin won't be kicking 14+ against the Bombers to close the gap.

All comes down to Fev vs Adelaide's tight defence and Brown vs Sydney's tight defence.

Fev is all but home for another Coleman medal and his second best goal kicking season ever. Puts things in perspective as far as our expectations go I guess. This year though, the midfielders have shared the load.

i was thinking about this earlier today. quite possible Fev gets 4-5 next week, setting himself up for a realistic shot at 100 providing we win the first final. would be awesome to see him get the tonne in a 2nd or 3rd final.

but the way Fev was giving off goals today, i'd say he's not too interested in the individual goals at this point. (tho he should have taken that shot from 50 instead of trying to get it to Murph)

The question wasn't should we try get Fev to 100 or try win matches.

Just thought it was interesting that he's creeping up on the ton and might give it a push.
Fine but the game V Haw last year bugged me
We should have been focused on winning the game playing good footy. With all the focus on Fev it should have allowed the other fwds and mids to have a field day but the team lost the plot! Have they learnt their lesson?

We should have been focused on winning the game playing good footy. With all the focus on Fev it should have allowed the other fwds and mids to have a field day but the team lost the plot! Have they learnt their lesson?

That occured largely in the second half and we were out of contention for finals (not to mention for the win also).

No comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine but the game V Haw last year bugged me

The only reason the focus was on Fev in that Hawks game was because it was round 22 and we had no chance of playing finals.

Can't compare that to an actual final game.

The only reason the focus was on Fev in that Hawks game was because it was round 22 and we had no chance of playing finals.

Can't compare that to an actual final game.
I don't accept that. Every game should be played for 1 reason only. Otherwise it is tanking in another form

I don't accept that. Every game should be played for 1 reason only. Otherwise it is tanking in another form

Your disapproval of what happened in round 22 last year is another matter entirely.

All I was saying was that I don't think you have to worry that the boys would make Fev's goal tally a focus in a finals game.

agree 100%. If the team is playing well and winning usually that would mean Fev is playing well and kicking goals. So if we focus on the game plan that most thought did not exist he will end up with a great tally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back