Multiplat FIFA 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I consider this a glitch: it's ******* annoying when you finish a game in FIFA 17 now and the player ratings section of the end menu always shows your RB no matter how well or poorly he played. I used to keep thinking that my RB was getting MOTM every game with consistent 7.1 and 7.2 performances, which was strange. Turns out the first player picked gets shown every time. Sucks

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I consider this a glitch: it's ******* annoying when you finish a game in FIFA 17 now and the player ratings section of the end menu always shows your RB no matter how well or poorly he played. I used to keep thinking that my RB was getting MOTM every game with consistent 7.1 and 7.2 performances, which was strange. Turns out the first player picked gets shown every time. Sucks
Oh, that's interesting.

The commentary for "____ man of the match last time out" is also wrong too I believe.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Finished my season last night, ended up with 102 pts.

Won a thrilling FA Cup final vs Chelsea. They were the better team in the first half but we were 0-0 at the break. They took the lead through Fabregas in the 73rd minute.

I had brought Ox on a little before the Chelsea goal, and what a sub it turned out to be, he equalised for me after 81 minutes. He then played Lukaku through in the 88th which set up the win.

Come transfer time, I brought in Castillejo (LW) from Villarreal for 29m and Joao Mario for 55m. A deal for Alex Grimaldo is also agreed but I need to sell before I can buy him.

Team looks like

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Gaya
Xhaka
Deulofeu -------- Sanchez
Ozil
Lacazette Lukaku
Rashford
Correa
Coq
Ox
Lemar
Wilshere
Asensio
-
Butland
Joao Cancelo
Tah
Romangoli
Castillejo

Want to bring in another DM as Xhaka is out until December with ligament damage. Not sure who yet though.

Trying to offload

Szceszny
Monreal
Cazorla
Perez
Campbell
Reine Adelaide
Chambers

Cazorla is still good but he is old, on a lot of money and declining so I will look to cash in. Chambers might stay, decent depth.

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Everybody was thinking the same thing lmao it's annoying as s**t!

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Cool it's not just me. I used to think that my style of play would mean my RB was always man of the match.

I play very wide and it generally means my RB gets a lot of touches.

Trying to sign an international player to the A-League is mayhem. Anyone decent has a wage just too high for A-League finances, or even when you try to sign lower ranked players, you almost need to double their asking wage to convince them to make the move

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Trying to sign an international player to the A-League is mayhem. Anyone decent has a wage just too high for A-League finances, or even when you try to sign lower ranked players, you almost need to double their asking wage to convince them to make the move

I'm in my fourth season with Victory now, came 7th in my first year and surprisingly wasn't sacked, then 3rd, then won the premiership last year. The majority of my squad are youth academy players with some ridiculous potential (my GK has been trained up to an 82 rating by the age of 19) but I have got a few 'real' players from Europe on admittedly high wages.

Assombalonga (now 77) from Forest on £55,000
Haberer (now 77) from Freiburg on £40,000
Jacobs (71) from Wigan on £40,000

And a couple of youngsters in Sims from Southampton and Maja from Sunderland that have both grown about 10 each.

I haven't used any financial takeovers or 'scout future star's or anything like that, just buying and selling.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Assambalonga is a gun on this. His pace is beast on the wings.

He hasn't really done it for me just yet but I think he's perhaps not suited to the one-out striker role I have him in. I roll with a 4-1-2-2-1 style formation but with narrower wings, it's the best formation for me after many different variations

I'm in my fourth season with Victory now, came 7th in my first year and surprisingly wasn't sacked, then 3rd, then won the premiership last year. The majority of my squad are youth academy players with some ridiculous potential (my GK has been trained up to an 82 rating by the age of 19) but I have got a few 'real' players from Europe on admittedly high wages.

Assombalonga (now 77) from Forest on £55,000
Haberer (now 77) from Freiburg on £40,000
Jacobs (71) from Wigan on £40,000

And a couple of youngsters in Sims from Southampton and Maja from Sunderland that have both grown about 10 each.

I haven't used any financial takeovers or 'scout future star's or anything like that, just buying and selling.

Im in my third year with Central Coast, have won 1 premiership and made the semis in the other, and i've only been given a transfer budget of £1,000,000 and wage budget of £10,000. They focus way too much on finances :( I think it's time i take up the job offers from the Melbourne teams haha

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Tammy Abraham is probably the best player I've ever had in Career Mode. Once you train him and get his shooting stats up and his overall gets to 82ish, he just becomes unstoppable. Speed, strength, height, finishing. I play on Legendary difficulty and he has 30 goals in 16 EPL league matches as lone striker in my 4th Career Mode year, surrounded by good but not yet great young midfielders (Onomah, Pulisic, Mor, Grujic, R.Neves).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
He hasn't really done it for me just yet but I think he's perhaps not suited to the one-out striker role I have him in. I roll with a 4-1-2-2-1 style formation but with narrower wings, it's the best formation for me after many different variations
Always 4-3-3 attacking with me, with Assambalonga on a wing.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Halfway through second season, baord has informed Ozil's agent has told me he wants to leave with six months left on his contract, which is super annoying.

Bidding for Coutinho just cos. Have the funds.

Not sure whether to try and hold on to Ozil in the hope that he convinces his mind and signs a new contract, or hold him, and risk losing him for nothing.

On a brighter note, I smashed West Brom 6-0, Lukaku hit all 6. Never done that before.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
I'm enjoying The Journey
I'm playing for Norwich City in the championship now as Arsenal loaned me out.
My old mate Walker is a turncoat flog

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Ozil's agent has informed he wants to leave and won't be signing a new contract regardless of what is offered. So of course I am going to lose him for free come the summer window. Fantastic.

Bought Coutinho for 55m + Coquelin.

Sold Joao Mario to Juve for 55m and 32 year old Kos to Barca for 22.5m, Zouma his replacement for 15m.

Pretty annoyed re: Ozil though. It's happened two different files in a row now that he has wanted to leave, even when I am successful. It's stupid.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Ozil's agent has informed he wants to leave and won't be signing a new contract regardless of what is offered. So of course I am going to lose him for free come the summer window. Fantastic.

Bought Coutinho for 55m + Coquelin.

Sold Joao Mario to Juve for 55m and 32 year old Kos to Barca for 22.5m, Zouma his replacement for 15m.

Pretty annoyed re: Ozil though. It's happened two different files in a row now that he has wanted to leave, even when I am successful. It's stupid.
Not that stupid. He left Madrid for Arsenal after all.

Do you play your games or sim them?

been playing this on PS4. i love the way the game is more settled and it's not about running the length of the pitch and losing it and getting it back and running up again anymore. i am struggling big time just getting the ball off the AI though, i had to drop to professional and i'm still barely scraping draws. i'm enjoying breaking it up with the alex hunter mode, though i read on here someone say it only goes for one season which is nuts!?!

i'm shocking at getting past a man, i hold L2 and my player just turns around and shields the ball, it's ridiculous, perhaps i just suck at little tricks?? perhaps i should just go for one twos and the passing game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back