Multiplat FIFA 19

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the first things i thought when Ronaldo announced his move was how FIFA would be effected. Considering a day later, i got an email from EA Spruking the champions league in fifa 19 and it had a picture of Ronaldo in his Real kit too. Seems it's made a fairly big hiccup for EA Sports. Cover art, promotional pictures, and even the storyline of the journey (Hunter signs with Madrid and plays alongside Ronaldo apparantly) are all wrecked, with release just over 2 months away and a demo due soon

https://gamerant.com/ronaldo-juventus-fifa-19-cover/

I'd expect the cover to be changed to Ronaldo in a Juve kit and Hunter goes to Juve to play with Ronaldo.

PES had to change their 2018 cover because Neymar went to PSG. But the deal was with Barca, not Neymar so they just replaced him with another Barca player.

I'd expect the cover to be changed to Ronaldo in a Juve kit and Hunter goes to Juve to play with Ronaldo.

PES had to change their 2018 cover because Neymar went to PSG. But the deal was with Barca, not Neymar so they just replaced him with another Barca player.

True that. Wonder if that means they have to scan the club rooms and players at Juventus Stadium or they'll just reskin the Bernabau change rooms? I haven't played much of the Journey but don't they have talking managers, players etc. in it?

True that. Wonder if that means they have to scan the club rooms and players at Juventus Stadium or they'll just reskin the Bernabau change rooms? I haven't played much of the Journey but don't they have talking managers, players etc. in it?
Change rooms are so generic in the journey it would take 5 mins to change logos on walls etc. The hardest part would be changing lines in the story, even then some of your teammates are generic made up players.

If they don't fix pace abuse and ping pong passing and smooth up the god awful clunky defence, this may be the first FIFA I give a miss. It's quite obvious they are now taking the game down the road of Ultimate Team arcade bullshit

If they don't fix pace abuse and ping pong passing and smooth up the god awful clunky defence, this may be the first FIFA I give a miss. It's quite obvious they are now taking the game down the road of Ultimate Team arcade bullshit
My players always seems to fall to ground more easily then opposition players.
The game definitely has its flaws (like most), but for the most part it's great.

You get the occasional bullshit goal or bullshit save, but sometimes the pendulum can swing your way too.

Yeah, fair call on the strength thing, other times though I can feel my player may surpass the CPU's ability even though I know they don't.

I actually think strength is a bigger issue than pace in this.

The game definitely has its flaws (like most), but for the most part it's great.

You get the occasional bullshit goal or bullshit save, but sometimes the pendulum can swing your way too.

Yeah, fair call on the strength thing, other times though I can feel my player may surpass the CPU's ability even though I know they don't.

Against CPU I don't have many complaints. But playing online against human opposition is where you notice the abuse. Which fine, as every game has its flaws, but EA don't do anything about it, some of these issues have been around for 3-4 years now.

For example, playing the world cup online mode now, you just know when you see your opponent select brazilyoure in for a pace/ping pong game.

Well I’m completely hooked on FIFA 18 the past few weeks playing FUT and I haven’t touched PUBG or Rocket League.

Question for FUT players: is it important to buy this game on Day 1 and make as much money early on to set yourself up? When I google FUT related tips I keep seeing things about market crashes, players that used to sell for big $$$ early on, etc.

I spent 3-4 seasons getting my squad full of pace but i found it didn't work for me without players who have strength and can tackle.

Yeah the bullshit goals are annoying but i've played 12 seasons and have had some pretty good luck as well. I've won the FA cup 4 times and twice was beating Chelsea on penalties after they had hit the post a few times in regular play.

I've learn't to take the good with the bad but the worst game was probably leading 3-0 against Everton with 15 minutes to play and they went bang,bang.bang out of nowhere scoring goals from 20 yards out.

And every season seems to go the same way for me, start out of the blocks flying winning comfortably for the first 15 games then suddenly it seems every player drops off and it becomes a struggle for the rest of season and every game is close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spent 3-4 seasons getting my squad full of pace but i found it didn't work for me without players who have strength and can tackle.

Yeah the bullshit goals are annoying but i've played 12 seasons and have had some pretty good luck as well. I've won the FA cup 4 times and twice was beating Chelsea on penalties after they had hit the post a few times in regular play.

I've learn't to take the good with the bad but the worst game was probably leading 3-0 against Everton with 15 minutes to play and they went bang,bang.bang out of nowhere scoring goals from 20 yards out.
Yeah I am eight and a half seasons in, got a mix of everything. Pacey wingers, technical forwards, strong forwards, creative CMs, ball-winning CMs etc.

lol if that happened to me I would have said get ****ed and restarted or turned it off. I love a good rage quit.

And every season seems to go the same way for me, start out of the blocks flying winning comfortably for the first 15 games then suddenly it seems every player drops off and it becomes a struggle for the rest of season and every game is close.
One season I won 20 straight without restarting or something. Didn't lose til the New Year.

Well I’m completely hooked on FIFA 18 the past few weeks playing FUT and I haven’t touched PUBG or Rocket League.

Question for FUT players: is it important to buy this game on Day 1 and make as much money early on to set yourself up? When I google FUT related tips I keep seeing things about market crashes, players that used to sell for big $$$ early on, etc.
I don't think its that important.

The market is inflated and that decreases over time, you get better value out of opening packs at the start I guess.

It'd be a hard one to implement. They sometimes do that goal line technology replay after a close miss, but i've never seen it actually deem something a wrong call. Seems like it would cause some issues bringing it in, but could be fun. Give you an option to ask for 3 VAR reviews a game or something

I wonder if VAR will be in this?
Not possible. The game would know if there is a foul or goal. It's not subjective like in real life.

The story would better if he goes to Real as Ronaldo's replacement but it might be too late to change the story significantly.

It seems EA are really paying attention the offline modes (finally)

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/fifa-19-house-rules-2-193499

fifa-house-rules.jpg

fifa-new-rules-1024x576.jpg

Going to be great, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back