Multiplat FIFA 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to picking this up. Spent a lot of time with 18. And a little bonus for Croatian soccer fans!

gnk-dinamo-zagreb-sluzbeno-licenciran-za-igru-fifa-19_Jtaafi.jpg

I hope they’ve fixed the 41212 narrow formation. They claimed to have fixed it some time mid fifa 18 but it never happened.
I won’t be able to put as many hours as 18 this year but will be looking forward to the new divisions and trading.
What was wrong with it before?

Your RCM would switch with your CAM without you wanting it to. In my case i would end up having Neymar as RCM and Gullit as my CAM.
That happens in the 4-2-3-1. My wingers would constantly swap with the CM/DM. I believe it may have something to do with positioning on the specific team too.

lol that's hardly the worst. At times I'd have Leroy Sane at DM lol.

Can't wait to buy this new roster update. Have they actually added anything decent this year? Any significant Career Mode or Pro Clubs additions? I doubt it.

I'm sure Ultimate Team has some great new features, though. Gotta do something to lure all those suckers into spending hundreds of dollars on cards with no inherent value; EA would have to be loving all that mug money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to buy this new roster update. Have they actually added anything decent this year? Any significant Career Mode or Pro Clubs additions? I doubt it.

I'm sure Ultimate Team has some great new features, though. Gotta do something to lure all those suckers into spending hundreds of dollars on cards with no inherent value; EA would have to be loving all that mug money.
Did you bother reading the thread?

Did you bother reading the thread?
Yeah, I saw your post on the last page and I honestly thought your excitement was sarcasm.

-"BIG NEW CAREER FEATURE: After a season, the board decides whether or not they want to give you a transfer budget increase." | Doesn't this already happen? Is this supposed to be a joke?
-"Right when a player is brought in -be it through youth systems or bought- they can now be loaned out right away!" | This is not new. A better change would've been if they made it easier to loan youth players out, instead of having to wait years for anyone to take them (even then you'll be lucky to have 3-4 young players out on loan at a time). Have they even added the ability to buy a player and immediately loan them back to their original club, like what happens in real life?
-"There are many new player training skills, including some that train Sprint Speed and Strength which are 2 new trainable attributes!" | Yawn. Bring back team training drills.
-"It is now possible to make a 4th substitution if extra time is reached in all permitting competitions." | Wow. Who cares. You could already make 4+ substitutes in pre-season games in Career Mode - they haven't added anything new here.

10 months and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue and this is what we get. A couple of minor Career Mode tweaks and some new gimmick arcade gametypes that people will get bored of after a week. Typical that they haven't added anything new to Pro Clubs, the game mode with the most potential to attract new players.

I bet there still won't be any Career Mode stat-tracking (ability to view players' stats from previous seasons, Team of the Year/Player of the Year/Golden Boot historic records, viewable league leaders in tackles/shots/pass %/saves, etc). I bet the transfer market will still be ****ed, with 500 players changing clubs every window. I bet we still don't have the ability to upgrade stadiums (they had this back in FIFA 06 ffs). I bet the scouting system remains unchanged.

But hey, I'll still buy this. They'll still get my $70. EA would be laughing.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw your post on the last page and I honestly thought your excitement was sarcasm.

-"BIG NEW CAREER FEATURE: After a season, the board decides whether or not they want to give you a transfer budget increase." | Doesn't this already happen? Is this supposed to be a parody?
-"Right when a player is brought in -be it through youth systems or bought- they can now be loaned out right away!" | This is not new. A better change would've been if they made it easier to loan youth players out, instead of having to wait years for anyone to take them (even then you'll be lucky to have 3-4 young players out on loan at a time). Have they even added the ability to buy a player and immediately loan them back to their original club, like what happens in real life?
-"There are many new player training skills, including some that train Sprint Speed and Strength which are 2 new trainable attributes!" | Yawn. Bring back team training drills.
-"It is now possible to make a 4th substitution if extra time is reached in all permitting competitions." | Wow. Who cares. You could already make 4+ substitutes in pre-season games in Career Mode - they haven't added anything new here.

10 months and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue and this is what we get. A couple of minor Career Mode tweaks and some new gimmick arcade gametypes that people will get bored of after a week. Typical that they haven't added anything new to Pro Clubs, the game mode with the most potential to attract new players.

I bet there still won't be any Career Mode stat-tracking (ability to view players' stats from previous seasons, Team of the Year/Player of the Year/Golden Boot historic records, viewable league leaders in tackles/shots/pass %/saves, etc). I bet the transfer market will still be ****ed, with 500 players changing clubs every window. I bet we still don't have the ability to upgrade stadiums (they had this back in FIFA 06 ffs). I bet the scouting system remains unchanged.

- Doesn't this already happen? Is this supposed to be a parody?

I am not sure, but in my experience, they have always given me funds.

- This is not new. A better change would've been if they made it easier to loan youth players out, instead of having to wait years for anyone to take them (even then you'll be lucky to have 3-4 young players out on loan at a time). Have they even added the ability to buy a player and immediately loan them back to their original club, like what happens in real life?

Yes it is. You cannot loan a player immediately after buying them. Just like you cannot buy a player if he has recently joined a new club.

- Yawn. Bring back team training drills.

A welcome addition.

-Wow. Who cares. You could already make 4+ substitutes in pre-season games in Career Mode - they haven't added anything new here.

Yeah... so you could only do four subs in non competitive games. Now it has transitioned to competitive games, much like real life, now. Another welcome addition, and a very handy one at that. Not sure why you're comparing a pre-season game, with say, a cup final that has gone into extra time. Very handy.

Well there are new modes which I think will be a big success.

I agree that stat tracking would be great, I've wanted it for years too. But if you want stats, FM is where you should be looking.

You seem to have already made up your mind and want to hate on the game. Either don't buy it, or play it and find something to like about it.

EA aren't perfect, but they've added a lot of new things to career mode which is huge IMO.

Yes it is. You cannot loan a player immediately after buying them.
This is a dumb oversight more than anything (kind of like them letting loan players play against their parent club in the EPL), and them fixing it shouldn't be counted as a new feature.

-Wow. Who cares. You could already make 4+ substitutes in pre-season games in Career Mode - they haven't added anything new here.

Yeah... so you could only do four subs in non competitive games. Now it has transitioned to competitive games, much like real life, now. Another welcome addition, and a very handy one at that. Not sure why you're comparing a pre-season game, with say, a cup final that has gone into extra time. Very handy.
The point is is that this is not some sort of new feature. They're just letting you do something you could already do, but now extending it to competitive games. It's not anything noteworthy.

I agree that stat tracking would be great, I've wanted it for years too. But if you want stats, FM is where you should be looking.
Nah, stat tracking should be a prerequisite for any decent sports game in this day and age. FIFA 06 had better stat tracking than these modern games for God's sake (you could actually look at team/league leaders for stats like pass %, tackles, etc.). The fact they don't even keep track of Golden Boot winners in Career Mode is an utter joke.

You seem to have already made up your mind and want to hate on the game. Either don't buy it, or play it and find something to like about it.

EA aren't perfect, but they've added a lot of new things to career mode which is huge IMO.
Probably because it seems to be the same old s**t every year from EA. They make minor adjustments and add a couple of new features while ignoring most of the customer feedback and improvement ideas. They put all their time and effort into Ultimate Team and modes that no one asked for (The Journey). Sometimes they're even too lazy to fix glitches from one game to the next.

Madden has been the same for years and has gone backwards from where it was a decade ago. FIFA isn't that bad, but it's still pretty stagnant at the moment. I play FIFA more than any other game but it's not because it's a fresh, exciting experience each year.

Last edited:
Played some of the pro Evo demo, I really like the build up in scoring a goal and the graphics seem decent but I could never buy it over FIFA, especially with my mate Jesus coming back from Serbia to play 1000 games and win 2 of them while we drink beers and tease my other mate .Good ol FIFA

This is a dumb oversight more than anything (kind of like them letting loan players play against their parent club in the EPL), and them fixing it shouldn't be counted as a new feature.

The point is is that this is not some sort of new feature. They're just letting you do something you could already do, but now extending it to competitive games. It's not anything noteworthy.

Nah, stat tracking should be a prerequisite for any decent sports game in this day and age. FIFA 06 had better stat tracking than these modern games for God's sake (you could actually look at team/league leaders for stats like pass %, tackles, etc.). The fact they don't even keep track of Golden Boot winners in Career Mode is an utter joke.

Probably because it seems to be the same old s**t every year from EA. They make minor adjustments and add a couple of new features while ignoring most of the customer feedback and improvement ideas. They put all their time and effort into Ultimate Team and modes that no one asked for (The Journey). Sometimes they're even too lazy to fix glitches from one game to the next.

Madden has been the same for years and has gone backwards from where it was a decade ago. FIFA isn't that bad, but it's still pretty stagnant at the moment. I play FIFA more than any other game but it's not because it's a fresh, exciting experience each year.
lol you can't shift the goalposts.

Oversight or not, it's a new feature. It should have been done years ago, but since it hasn't, it's new.

I agree, I would love to know how many goals my forwards have scored since joining etc, and it's a little disappointing that I can't track that information. Unless I note it down myself :think:

FIFA 18 has been the best FIFA I've played. Can't remember plunging this much time into a game for a very long time.

Can't wait for 19.

Played some of the pro Evo demo, I really like the build up in scoring a goal and the graphics seem decent but I could never buy it over FIFA, especially with my mate Jesus coming back from Serbia to play 1000 games and win 2 of them while we drink beers and tease my other mate .Good ol FIFA
PES has some nice features, managed to score a goal from a flick on from a corner which is almost impossible in FIFA. It looks really nice too and the build up play you can create is great too, but ultimately it still lacks polish.

Oversight or not, it's a new feature. It should have been done years ago, but since it hasn't, it's new.
It was done years ago, though. In FIFA 16 you could add a youth player to the loan list immediately after signing them. They just stupidly took it out for whatever dumb reason in the last 2 games and only now they're adding it back in again. Unfair to count it as a new addition.

Valencia and Inter career modes happening this year 100%. I hope the Bundesliga gets the same treatment in the next couple of years. My favourite league to watch

I agree, I would love to know how many goals my forwards have scored since joining etc, and it's a little disappointing that I can't track that information. Unless I note it down myself :think:

FIFA 18 has been the best FIFA I've played. Can't remember plunging this much time into a game for a very long time.

Can't wait for 19.

PES has some nice features, managed to score a goal from a flick on from a corner which is almost impossible in FIFA. It looks really nice too and the build up play you can create is great too, but ultimately it still lacks polish.

Yeah man, it's just not the complete package.
Like you said, nice features, but not enough to buy it over FIFA.

-"BIG NEW CAREER FEATURE: After a season, the board decides whether or not they want to give you a transfer budget increase." | Doesn't this already happen? Is this supposed to be a joke?

It’s honesty laughable how terrible career mode is compared to 2K’s or even Madden’s. The way people continue to give them a pass for it is even more laughable. 2K has a mode similar to Ultimate team yet still puts a s**t ton of time into the other modes.

I’ve been waiting almost a decade now for a career mode that’s genuinely good and is worth playing for heaps of seasons. Last time I played deep I had the best team by miles, I ran into countless glitches and the mode was stale as anything.

Honestly how hard can it be to implement the following:
- stat tracking. This is the most basic thing ever and they still don’t have it. Far less fun playing when you can’t see accomplishments and what teams/players have achieved over the years.
-AI that doesn’t just let you buy all their players and actually builds a strong team.
- Generated players that actually make sense. Too often in 6 years you’ll see the next Ronaldo come through, only this one has 1 star skills and a horrible weak foot.
- Menus that allow you to easily see how other teams look, who is performing for them etc. This has been a problem since FIFA 07. In 2K you can go into a scouting menu and easily see the other teams rosters, go through their stats, accomplishments etc.

There’s more I’m forgetting. It’s a joke that they try to act like Career mode has been full of big changes and innovation over the years.

They’re also missing a golden opportunity by not having an online career mode where you can compete against your mates and/or randoms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back