Multiplat FIFA 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the demo, can definitely feel the difference between this year and last.

It plays much better and feels much more authentic. They've added a whole new depth with tactics now which if it's done right, will be fantastic. They've improved first touch, too.

First game I played I won 7-0 only because it was on amateur. Moved up to professional and I slugged out a few 0-0 draws before winning a few games 1-0 and 2-0.

Really good, like it a lot.

Played my first game of the demo and maybe it was just because it was the first run of it, but the goals I scored felt more realistic than in the past.

I won the game 5-0 (because it was on the default amateur) but each goal was different and looked far more like it would in an actual game than previous versions (break down below).

1st half

1-0 - Headed goal from corner. Player out jumped opponent from behind directing the ball over the defender jumping to try and defend it off the line on the near post.

2-0 - Passing created an overlap on the left with player shooting across the keeper from just outside the box.

2nd half

3-0 - Headed goal from cross, player beat opponent into space and finished with a lunging header which directed the ball into the far side netting.

4-0 - Opponent tried to clear the ball, mistimed pass to my player who then shoots from outside the box (hit the shooting timing mechanic for this one) the ball went low and into the side netting through a group of players.

5-0 - Again a mistimed pass from the defence gave the ball to my player, but this time it was closer to halfway. Player in open space runs through (here I thought it was going to be like previous seasons), but I was able to get my player to make a dummy move and then beat the keeper with a finesse shot into the lower corner. The move and shot was fluid and didn't look out of place at all with the keeper even seeming to partially fall for the move before the shot.

All in all the game felt far more fluid and true to life compared to previous versions and it was not just a run down the sideline and cross type of match, nor just breaking through the defence to score on the break. Each open play goal was due to the lead up play creating an overlap or defensive errors later in the game.

Hopefully this keeps up with more plays of the demo.

EA milk the hell out of the release, but I still fall for it.

20th Origin members or something get it
25th champions edition
28th actual release date

Can you walk into JB/EB and buy it on the 25th?

Not sure about the Amazon champions edition, says it will be released on the 25th, assuming you'd get it the next day with $10 postage.

Edit: Looks like the Amazon one is the go actually, supposed to be delivered on the 25th.

Last edited:
I'm swapping back to PC again for F19. With Origin Premier Access for $130 for the year I've already played the s**t out of Madden. FIFA in a couple days, Anthem and Battlefield V I'll get my values worth.

I don't mind the whole smaller player base as I mainly play career manager mode and if I do FUT it's usually solo anyway.

Played the demo, and I'm the biggest critic of EA. But honestly I like what they've done, definitely enjoying the slightly slower pace, first touch is greatly improved as well as shots.

However could be totally different against a human opponent, but I think they've tweaked it enough for a purchase from me.

Played the demo, and I'm the biggest critic of EA. But honestly I like what they've done, definitely enjoying the slightly slower pace, first touch is greatly improved as well as shots.

However could be totally different against a human opponent, but I think they've tweaked it enough for a purchase from me.
And there you were being all cynical :D

Can you walk into JB/EB and buy it on the 25th?
Hopefully they do something like that. I remember you could trade 2 games and get the Ronaldo edition last year for $75. That's what I did and got the game 3 days earlier and $10 cheaper than BigW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FIFA 18 was my favorite iteration since 13 and this sounds even better. Nice

16 is clearly the worst of the past 10 years. Was so dour

And there you were being all cynical :D
It's EA. Worst company in the world.
I still am! A lot of times the demo feels really different to the final game (most times for the worse)

If the final game comes out and it reverts back to a ping pong sprint fest im going to have a meltdown.

Should I buy this game as soon as it comes out or should I wait until it's closer to $20? Don't have a lot of money as I'm only 14 but I'm a massive fifa fan.

Wish they would do the Bundesliga what they have done to the Premier League and LaLiga. Although it will be nice to have a licensed Serie A this year , bit annoyed about losing the Russian league when they just made a bunch of Stadiums for the world cup.

Anyway a career mode with Marseille and Mochengladbach will suffice

I played a couple of the games and it and the players position themselves more like they do in real life instead of just stick to their formation in previous games. It think player instructions has a large effect. I put Rinaldo on the wind as Mandzukic at striker yet Mandsukic would defend the left wing and Rinaldo would move to striker because I told Ronnie to stay forward and mandzukic to come back in defence.

And it’s actually how we’ve played this year so it was a nice touch even though I hate when we do this.

Should I buy this game as soon as it comes out or should I wait until it's closer to $20? Don't have a lot of money as I'm only 14 but I'm a massive fifa fan.

Do you have Fifa '18?

Just buy 18

Download the demo and decide if you really want it

Yeah got it.

It's up to you, you can probably find a new copy for $69. A few weeks later you should be able to procure one for $50

If you super need the roster updates, buy now. If not, wait 6 months and get it for $20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back