Preview Finals Week One: Brisbane Lions vs Richmond Tigers @ The Gabba, Friday Oct 2, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you had to experience that, mate. I didn't cop any abuse, the ones around my mate and I just kept doing ******* stupid dances after every goal. If only they knew they were being made fun of on my snapchat story.

It will make it much sweeter when we finally end the streak my friend.

It will make it much sweeter when we finally end the streak my friend.
It will be my proudest day supporting this great club in a long time.

It's a good suggestion, Starc is 188cm and Martin is 187cm. Starch is 88kgs and Martin 86 kgs so the size is right. Martin is brilliant, no doubt, isolated 1 on 1 he beats everyone and kicks accurately. There has to be pressure coming in on the delivery so he doesn't get clean ball delivered and I think there then needs to be an awareness and team work around him. If Starc tags him in the forward line then Birchell needs to be making sure he is not in a hole and be marshalling our troops which is what I understood we got Birtchell for, his leadership.
According to the Richmond site Martin is 187 and 93kg, built like a tank. I was thinking we could send Rich to Martin when he goes forward until I checked Martin’s height & weight, just because Rich is rarely/never beaten one on one. But Starcevich seems like the right choice with Gardiner as the back up. I think he will play more in the middle in this one anyway, especially when we get on top in there in the 2nd quarter, which is shaping this year as our premiership quarter. If we play to our best we can finally get them this time. Feeling confident now, can’t wait to Friday.

I like what Ryan has produced this year. But let's be honest here, Dusty could stop and re-tie his shoe laces and Lester still couldn't catch him.
Urban Myth #135 Ryan Lester is slow.

Haha, I was just taking the piss mate. You guys have plenty of years contending ahead of you. Very exciting times.
All good. Maybe as a Melbourne based supporter and for the first time in 40 odd years have not been able to watch them live, maybe i have just lost my zest or just don't have that same connection to the club this year therefore this year IMO whatever happens happens.

I don't know why some complain about opposition supporters posting on our board, they are open forums, threads can be designated "lions supporters only" if they need to be closed off to non Lions folks.

The majority of opposition supporters who post on our board are after serious discussion, banter or fishing for bites, no harm in that.

All good. Maybe as a Melbourne based supporter and for the first time in 40 odd years have not been able to watch them live, maybe i have just lost my zest or just don't have that same connection to the club this year therefore this year IMO whatever happens happens.
For what it's worth, in 2018 I thought this would be the year that you MIGHT crack the 8, let alone being top four second year in a row. Players like Berry and Clugg are playing well beyond their ages, and it's saying something that Grant Birchall's spot in the side is arguable. Very exciting times for you guys no matter what happens, and I truthfully do think you're better than last year, and can only see you getting better. Can't say the same for any other top four side atm barring maybe Port. Good luck. :thumbsu:

There is a common theme through all of Richmond's losses this year.

In all of their losses, their opposition's leading goal scorer has tallied 183 goals or more for their career.

Hawthorn, Chad Wingard, 262
St Kilda, Tim Membrey, 187
Giants, Toby Greene, 183
Port Adelaide, Robbie Gray, 333

Therefore to beat Richmond, you must have a player who has done this, and they must lead your team's goal scoring on the night, it's a fact.

Luckily for us we have 2 players in our current list who have amassed greater than this number, the Captain, Dayne Zorko, 193, and Charlie Cameron 187

Both Charlie or Zorko are capable of registering 3 goals or more, if either of them do, they are likely to be equal or best goal scorer on the night, and we will win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a common theme through all of Richmond's losses this year.

In all of their losses, their opposition's leading goal scorer has tallied 183 goals or more for their career.

Hawthorn, Chad Wingard, 262
St Kilda, Tim Membrey, 187
Giants, Toby Greene, 183
Port Adelaide, Robbie Gray, 333

Therefore to beat Richmond, you must have a player who has done this, and they must lead your team's goal scoring on the night, it's a fact.

Luckily for us we have 2 players in our current list who have amassed greater than this number, the Captain, Dayne Zorko, 193, and Charlie Cameron 187

Both Charlie or Zorko are capable of registering 3 goals or more, if either of them do, they are likely to be equal or best goal scorer on the night, and we will win.
But 50% of the time that player has a first name that starts with 'T' :cry:

You shouldn’t speak about Charlie Cameron’s owner like that
Don’t care if he owns the United Arab Emirates he is an embarrassment. Be a man and just play the game, complete flog. Neck and neck with Tom Lynch for title of king flog, should go down to the wire but Tom missing the game might give Grimes the upper hand.

3KZ is Football, I agree with a lot of your post, even at times those about McStay, but can't agree with this one. Lester is slow, I know Rohen is fast but the way he ran around Lester and absolutely spaced him at the SCG earlier in the year simply highlighted Lester's lack of speed. That said I reckon Birchall is slower still. Gardiner will take on Martin

A mate of mine reckons he is going to wear a bathing cap with Grimes number on it. Just to offer some pointers

Richmond don’t have room for significant improvement, they are just hanging around till they drop off the cliff.

we in the other hand have vast room for improvement and we know it. That’ll be the difference that gives us the confidence to take them on, and if we do that we win.

so we win.

Are u sitting down 3KZ....I read on another site that someone who knows a brothers cousins sister has heard from a reliable source.......in- Answerth Andrews and Berry / out- Payne Cey LESTER. Hard to fathom Lester out if true.

Are u sitting down 3KZ....I read on another site that someone who knows a brothers cousins sister has heard from a reliable source.......in- Answerth Andrews and Berry / out- Payne Cey LESTER. Hard to fathom Lester out if true.
I can believe this. If Caddy doesn't come in there is no need for Lester. Gardiner will 100% be on Reiwoldt and Andrews confirmed on the podcast he'd play on Chol. All the rest are smalls so no need for him unfortunately. It's stiff but it's the right move. Plus allows Ah Chee to stay back.

I am however slightly concerned about Coleman doing nothing due to being overawed. I wish we got games into him earlier over TBez, but theres no one else that we can bring in for him at this stage.

Match committee wouldn't have been a quick affair this week lol. Aside from Payne & CEY the last call would've been a tough one. I can see why it may pan out this way, Answerth in over Coleman would push Ah Cheer forward you'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back