Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
FIRA Cup Logo.png

Welcome to FIRA (International Federation of Australian Rules), an Australian Rules Football design competition with teams based in Europe. The 2017 iteration will be run by myself and fancyscum.

Like last season, there will be a league and a cup component. However, this season will feature a finals series and the league will be expanded to 16 teams, with each team playing eachother once. The cup format will remain largely the same, as a knock-out tournament.

How to enter

Entering is simple. By the 31st of January 2017 simply submit a home, away and cup kit to me via PM. Those who have submitted by the due date are placed into the qualifying rounds which will decide which 12 teams will join the top 4 from last season.

If you wish, you can also submit a standalone cup kit for a separate team. This is encouraged to make the cup as large as possible.

Team locations can be anywhere in the UEFA member countries, however, it is highly encouraged you choose a location with a decent population. No tiny islands with a population of 20.

Uniform Guidelines
  • All entries must include a guernsey (front and back), shorts and a logo.
  • All uniforms - league and cup - are to feature the FIRA logo on the left (facing) chest and the club badge on the right (facing). No front sponsors.
  • All uniforms are to feature a player name above the numbers and a sponsor below on the back. Font is your choice.
  • Shorts should have club badge and manufacturer on the left side (facing) and number on the right side (facing).
  • Away kit must adequately contrast with home kit
  • Original team logos only (no recolours)
OPTIONAL: A third kit for your league entry.

Any submissions past the due date won’t be accepted. Strictly. Since there’s no bids we won’t have a problem leaving anyone behind. You have nearly 2 months to complete an entry – ample time.

Cheers, any questions just ask in this thread. Also feel free to post teasers, team announcements and promo stuff here.

Last edited:

Fixed that for ya. :)
DPAhVO3.gif

So, no bidding?
Nope, same as last season. Everyone who submits an entry goes into the qualifying stages which decides the teams that go into the league. The rest will only go into the cup.

BTW El_Scorcho Bacon Warrior E92_ and TheFreightTrain you are automatically qualified for the league as you finished top 4 and the league is expanding by 4.

The Bears will be defending their league title obviously. Looking forward to this one

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Question: Do I get to use some sort of visual championship representation, such as a logo star or alternative league badge? Or both?

Do I get to choose?

I'd probably choose the star tbh

Question: Do I get to use some sort of visual championship representation, such as a logo star or alternative league badge? Or both?

Do I get to choose?

I'd probably choose the star tbh

Since you wanted a star..
You can make the logo gold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you consider a decent population? My proposed city has a population of 70,000 but has a team in the top flight of their national soccer league and has participated in the UEFA/European league previously.
Don't sweat it too much, my place has only 37,000.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back