Roast Football Department Review Required

Remove this Banner Ad

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This game has shown flaws in every part of our football operations department.

The time is now for management to call for a massive review of the everything within the football department. If we don't we will never become consistently competitive year to year, let alone a force in the Afl.

There is no winning mentality or culture at this club. Hostory actually means nothing. Just ask Norwood or maybe richmond. It's a club full massive disappointment to me and probably all members/supporters since 2004.

I don't want to be a Richmond. The club needs to be proactive Now.

Sry I'm angry, discuss.

F*** off the coach. F*** off the captain. F*** off all of the inept, soft as butter park footballers who can't execute basic skills and who go to water against semi-competent opposition.

The players and coaches would have known the importance of today's showdown, but they gave us nothing. Not a single, solitary yelp.

We have a major issue with the culture at this club, and have for a long time now. We're no longer winners. We're content to be meek and mild, always playing to everyone else's script rather than grabbing opportunities by the balls. Content to float between 5th and 10th on the ladder, not really troubling anyone. We're soft. Soft as butter.

For the sake of this club, we need to clear out the no-hopers and only let in winners. We won't though, because it's just not what we do. We've become a parody of ourselves.

To see the club like this really hurts.

Love them or not every single person that holds a position that shapes this team must be reviewed. Players don't say "hey I'm useless so pick me". They are pawns. The men that pick them and develop them and coach them are in control.

Our club has been full of hot air. They praise all and sundry of what it does but on the field they're rubbish. This year has been about improvement and clutching for straws to compare to previous years as proof but goodness me Hinkley KT and Koch have produced this team after 5 years.

Last edited:
After the debacle of trying to head down Crows Lite Southern Power, oneClub held out hope we'd return to Port Adelaide in embracing our history. It's been a faux embrace though. We now aren't afraid to honour it, but the current administration don't understand it.

It has nothing to do with they came from elsewhere. Big Bob, Fos, we've never had a problem there. Koch is not at the coal face, but KT has dropped the ball here. Our community work and China are brilliant and I'm fully supportive of, but if KT can't juggle those balls in the air whilst concentrating on the main game we should have gotten in more people to do so.

Since the end of 2014 the football department (that thing most important to the clubs supposed aim of existing to win premierships), has been allowed to drift from short sighted to farcical. Our lack of trading over hyped players out, holding onto players too long, our HBF game plan and our glaring refusal to address our KPF problems, except by stubbornly sticking with the failed Trengove forward experiment should be more then enough to have Ken gone at the end of year. We've been ruthless with legends like Ebert in the past, that KT can be mealy mouthed around 'making finals' as good enough is spitting on everything the club used to stand for.

Ignore the past, la la la for the future is Ports current mindset.

What an awful supporter you are!!! :eek: Where is your faith in our boys? o_O Any TRUE BELIEVER of PORT POWER would be keeping faith!!! :mad: SHAME ON YOU! :mad::mad::mad::drunk::eek::(

Don't listen to him, boys!!! :mad: All of your TRUE BELIEVERS still love you!!! :straining: We know you are just having a down day! ;) You will rebound next week and won't disappoint us! :thumbsu::rainbow:

Kent Hickey is a great coach, too! :) He has taken us to finals and IN CASE YOU HADN'T NOTICED, we are finals bound again this year!!! :eek::eek::eek: Nobody expected us to play finals, so stop being so negative!!! :rolleyes: Because we WILL!!! :mad: CARN THE PORT! :D:footy:

NEVER TEAR US A PART EST. SINCE 1870 :rainbow::):footy:

xoxo

P.S. Sorry Pal Pepper, my daughter loves Aiding Johnsons this week! :(:D:rainbow:

Our players just have so many limitations to their game, particularly skill wise, that I'm not sure you can blame the coaching department. The recruiting department on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep

needs to be put up for trade

I'd understand it if he was a bargain-basement Dean Wallis-type who is a constant presence for his agro/morale etc, but he's on decent money to supply not a lot.

This result says everything about the culture of our club at the moment
Collingwood were leading this side by 50 ooints last week and we are humiliated

Without their best player.

Drink that in.

I wrote this in August 2012. Not much has changed. I want 6 moved to 1st, 7 to 2nd, 2 moves to 3rd, and 9,10 and 11 go next.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ring-a-new-senior-coach.968956/#post-25389860
We need the following assistants
1. A 200+ game defender to be our defence coach
2. A 200+ game forward hopefully KFP to be a forwards coach
3. We need a ruckman to be our ruck coach. Rehn can stay unless Lade is coming home
4. you need 2 or 3 midfield coaches with so many rotations. I liked the way Buddha Hocking played and I like what I have seen our mid field do at the clearances the last 2 weeks. I'd keep Buddha and get a bloody skills coach so that they can use the ball after they have won it. I don't know about Carr but I like the way he played and he can concentrate on the mongrel tactics.
5. A development coach. I reckon Gotch did a good job with our back six for the first half of the year so he can stay.
6. A super duper kicking skills coach
7. A super duper handballing skills coach
8. The best bloody sports scientist fitness coach who knows the football industry we can find
9. A weights coach who can turn skinny endurance runners into big bodied big arsed warriors quickly
10. A wrestling coach
11. A boxing or mixed martial arts coach.

So in that list there is plenty of scope to keep some of our existing assistants and support staff and plenty of scope for the new boy to bring his assistants.

I thought they did a complete root and branch review of EVERYTHING at the end of last year? ??

"WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE"

Our failure's for 2015/16 were all down to El Butcho and Cam O'Sexy.

This year? Prolly Anus 'n Breddy.

Still hope tho'. Bring back Jake "Jakey" Neade and we'll be ripe for September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back