2nds Footscray vs Box Hill 3.20 Sat 7/7/18 Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Might need Young if Naughton is no good.
He might just come in to reward form but we're flush for KPDs right now and Young wasn't even tried forward.
He couldn't with Engliush/Roughy & BTC in the side and NMM forward the whole time too.

If we had any mid showing remote signs they'd be an automatic promotion.

Are you sure?

I wasn't at the game, but someone I know said that Greene was the match day emergency and pulled off at half time.
Greene played about 5 mins of the third then went off

Greene played about 5 mins of the third then went off

Also looked like we had an injury as well - vfl listed player. We played most of the second half with 3 on the bench incl. The 23rd man.

Very imobile tall squad. As soon as the ball hit the deck, hawks just ran away.

Some poor performances by vfl and afl listed players. Very disappointing game.

Also looked like we had an injury as well - vfl listed player. We played most of the second half with 3 on the bench incl. The 23rd man.

Very imobile tall squad. As soon as the ball hit the deck, hawks just ran away.

Some poor performances by vfl and afl listed players. Very disappointing game.
Dalegish hurt his hammy during the second q
Was running for the ball and was pushed over
Did the half time warm up and 6mins on ground then we pulled the pin

Hopefully he will debut this week, he sounds like a beauty.

He’s showed signs, was close a few weeks ago after a really good game but has been disappointing in the last couple of games. Probably not speaking for myself here, but hoping just like Lynch that he adapts to the quicker AFL game compared to VFL & fits in better with higher skilled players

ZNx0wN8.png

wXW3HuP.png

Intriguing stats sheet.

Fergus Greene two handballs no kicks (but apparently subbed off in the 3rd quarter as first emergency for the seniors)
Liam Dalgleish injured early in the match but played long enough to get 2 kicks (including a goal) 1 handball and 1 tackle. Listed as 5th best for Footscray!
Cal Porter - what's his excuse? Only 3 kicks and two handballs and he was listed as playing in the centre. Not good enough for a player with senior aspirations, unless injured or something.
Will Hayes - 23 disposals, a goal and 9 tackles but apparently not as good a game as Dalgleish. They must choose the best players by throwing darts at the team sheet.
Tim English - listed as 6 hit outs but in the match report I'm pretty sure they said he had 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

32 entries inside 50 or 8 per quarter, epic. I would love to see a
quarter by quarter breakdown as I am guessing it would be
less and less as the game wore on.

Hawthorn play two rucks in the seniors so why not match them
and try for finals in the seconds, baffling.

Nash for Footscray (61) seemed a bit more prominent than his 15 touches suggests.

Porter looked a way off being ready. Spent time at HF where we would continually kick the ball over his head, to a point about 3m behind whoever we had a FF (Rougghy or Campbell) giving them no chance.

Just goes to prove the value of quality over quantity. :rolleyes:
In local footy sometimes the best in the 2s (and the 1s for that matter) aren't a reflection of what is actually happening to help stop other clubs prepare. Perhaps it's happening here. With so many changes and debutants, could be trying to keep clubs guessing? Not many would watch opposition VFL.

In local footy sometimes the best in the 2s (and the 1s for that matter) aren't a reflection of what is actually happening to help stop other clubs prepare. Perhaps it's happening here. With so many changes and debutants, could be trying to keep clubs guessing? Not many would watch opposition VFL.
Could be. It's a bit more plausible than my darts theory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back