Game Day Dogs 🐩 vs Cats 🐱 - Marvel Saturday 3rd of June 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs vs Geelong
Saturday 3rd June, 7:25pm
Marvel Stadium

Last 5:
GEELONG 14.10 (94) v Western Bulldogs 9.12 (66)
Western Bulldogs 10.10 (70) v Geelong 12.11 (83)
Geelong 12.11 (83)
v Western Bulldogs 11.12 (78)
Western Bulldogs 9.7 v Geelong 10.12 (72)
Western Bulldogs 10.11 (71)
v Geelong 7.13 (55)

Quick history:
Out of the last five we've played against the Cats, we are 1 win 4 losses, they generally have the wood over us, with the Dogs not registering a win at their cursed home ground since 2003 and very few victories over this mob at home this is shaping up to be a cracker game. Last year we played them twice and both times were losses, with the first game at Marvel being a close affair, the second game at GMHBA was a bloodbath after half time.

Western Bulldogs:
Coming off a strong run of form and 5 straight wins the Dogs winning streak finally came to a halt in Darwin, registering a 7 point loss to the GCS. The dogs played it out to the final siren but couldn't do enough to cross the line and peg back the lead.

Thankfully no injury concerns to come out of the Darwin game, and the Dogs are set to have both Adam Treloar and Josh Bruce available for selection.

Geelong
Currently in weird form, sitting just outside the 8 on 20 points, 5 wins 6 losses. Hard to get a read on this side with their up and down form right now, with GWS doing a number on them at their own home ground today by 7 points, Richmond and Freo also whooping them by 30ish a piece, they do look shaky, are the Dogs up to it?

Sadly for Geelong they lost Esva today, he looks to have a bit of a stint on the sidelines with a leg injury. They could potentially gain back Patrick Dangerfield but media opinion is still 50/50 on this.

Wrap Up:
Both teams coming off narrow losses to ''up and coming'' sides below them, Geelong's injury list is a real worry whilst the Dogs are set to get back a solid role-player in Bruce and a great bursty midfielder in Treloar. Geelong need to win this to keep finals hopes alive, the Dogs need this to make a push for top 4 after letting the Gold Coast game slip out of their hands.

Prediction:
Dogs by 15 under the roof at Marvel.

Tim O'Brein (omitted)
Lachie McNeil (omitted)

In:
Adam Treloar
Josh Bruce

Really worry about Hawkins and Cameron kicking a big score.

I would say Keath and Bruce for Gardner and Obrien but I don’t think it will be any better
I think Gards stays. He has great speed and the aerobic capacity to go with Cameron. Jones and Bruce to stay a bit closer to home to take care of Hawkins.

TOB is the one that goes. And Treloar in for McSteal unless JOD's exposure has run its course.

JOD for Treloar
TOB for Bruce

Bruce to play on Hawkins
Treloar is needed for more run

Other changes we could look at are McNeil who added very little and we could look at Cleary playing down back.

I think the Outs are fairly obvious but the Ins are an entirely different question. Treloar comes in if fit. West and McLean were the only players in the VFL to show any decent form. Keath and Crozier were OK and Bruce looked underdone. Forget the rest.

I think the Outs are fairly obvious but the Ins are an entirely different question. Treloar comes in if fit. West and McLean were the only players in the VFL to show any decent form. Keath and Crozier were OK and Bruce looked underdone. Forget the rest.
I'm willing to give Cleary a mulligan for yesterday off his previous month of form but outside of that wouldn't touch the rest of them outside of Keath who is more just on previous body of work

JOD for Treloar
TOB for Bruce

Bruce to play on Hawkins
Treloar is needed for more run

Other changes we could look at are McNeil who added very little and we could look at Cleary playing down back.

Bruce was pretty poor yesterday.

I’d drop O’Brien and just go with Jones, Gards and JOD.

Treloar for McNeil.
West for O’Brien. West was good yesterday. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a call up.

Bruce was pretty poor yesterday.

I’d drop O’Brien and just go with Jones, Gards and JOD.

Treloar for McNeil.
West for O’Brien. West was good yesterday. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a call up.

West needs to play either deep forward or CB rotation. Which is where Treloar plays best.

That is adding a lot of players into Forward and CB; while taking away McNeil who plays more outside and TOB who plays HB.

Someone would need to move to HB to accommodate these changes. I don’t mind the changes…. Just worry that Hawkins is going to outmuscle Jones and expose us down back.

Geelol only the ends sorted, Forward and Defence. We should smash them but we should have beaten GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West needs to play either deep forward or CB rotation. Which is where Treloar plays best.

That is adding a lot of players into Forward and CB; while taking away McNeil who plays more outside and TOB who plays HB.

Someone would need to move to HB to accommodate these changes. I don’t mind the changes…. Just worry that Hawkins is going to outmuscle Jones and expose us down back.

Geelol only the ends sorted, Forward and Defence. We should smash them but we should have beaten GC.
I disagree that we should have beaten the Suns. Apart from the first 10 minutes they either matched us are were better than us. Yes we had a lot more inside 50s but what does it matter when hardly any were threatening.

The candidates to be dropped are McNeill he really offers nothing, O'Brien, JOD

My ins Treloar West, Bruce

Astro plays back the jury is out on how effective he is as a forward and we know he would be a star down back. Jones and Astro would be better than May and Lever.

The candidates to be dropped are McNeill he really offers nothing, O'Brien, JOD

My ins Treloar West, Bruce

Astro plays back the jury is out on how effective he is as a forward and we know he would be a star down back. Jones and Astro would be better than May and Lever.
Mmmm ... no. I too was once on the send Astro back bandwagon but our defense was utter sh1te back then it was a stop the bleeding measure.

There were some average performances in defense last night but it's been pretty good over the previous 8 games so I think that's a bit knee jerk.

Plus, Naughts and Marra are developing a good chemistry and aren't too far away from ripping someone apart. Probably at Marvel.

I think we hold our lines and nerve.

Clear outs are Mc Neil, Hannan and TOB.

Gards would be out for JOD who marked well and was at least composed with the football and moves at least as well.

Weightman is just lucky no one who plays his role is stepping up.

Ins are more difficult:
Trealor obviously

Then it is down to those who did not play well yesterday or were ok yesterday in the VFL
West
Bruce
Cleary

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dogs played ok last night so no need to panic.Beverige is coaching well.So just my opinion FWIW

Time to use list to advantage.
Don't think a few tall defenders helped us in Darwin.Apart from Jones the other 3 aren't match winners.Cant be losing games because your not picking best team for conditions and form.
So Geelong the team that gives us psychological trauma.
The coach has outcoached us too many times.So Bev must be motivated.
1 Dekonning has a psychological edge on Naughton, if moved into defence for this game plays on Cameron.
Which makes Lobb the main focus for Dekonning
Bruce comes in .And can change with Naughton as need be.Dont know what the hell Edge is doing in the 2s.No forward targets but kept Josh back.Bruce is a forward still.And needed against the cats.
2 Bring West in for O'Donnell and give him the same chances.3 weeks in a row too tall.Bad selection although he' has upside.Unlike some others.
3 Bring in the speed of Vandermeer for HBF.As JJs line breaking was clearly lacking.
4 Hopefully Treloar is back and FFS give Cleary a go.Dureya is not long term .

In Treloar .Vandermeer Bruce ,West ,Cleary

Out O'Donnell ,,Hannan,Obrien ,Dureya.,Gardiner

McNeil is a perfect sub.

Last edited:
Out:
Hannan, O’Brien, McNeil (all omitted)
O’Donnell may be lucky, but I’d rather see him build on his AFL start & show good continuity at VFL level

In:
Treloar, Bruce OR Keath, West
Khamis for O’Donnell preferable for me

Out:
O’Donnell may be lucky, but I’d rather see him build on his AFL start & show good continuity at VFL level

In:
Did you watch Khamis yesterday??

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Part of the Gardner equation is that he doesn't require a rotation. 100% TOG yesterday as was Liam Jones. A fair effort in energy sapping conditions so a little latitude with some errors under fatigue and with the handling conditions combined with opposition pressure.

He's as good a match up for Cameron as we have given Cameron's speed and aerobic capacity. I'm not dropping him.

Out:

In:
I take it you didn't watch the VFL then Khamis will be lucky to play a game this year miles off it

We’re really lacking some depth at the moment. Other than maybe Cleary, not one player has been putting their hand up for selection this season.

We don’t use our sub well both in personnel and timing and they are both interrelated.

Treloar in most likely for McNeil

Keath/Bruce for a job on Hawkins

Gardner must get first crack at Cameron
(Note Bev first crack meaning start of game )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back