Prediction Changes Dogs V Pies Friday 7 July Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is a big game for us. To have a chance at top 4 and continue with breathing space in the top 8 a must win. It is difficult to see us beating pies and we will be at very best to have a chance. We know if we turn the ball over they will just run and gun through the corridor they are the best at it even better than Port who have a similar style. We were ok against Port but did not take our chances and this cannot happen if we hope to beat the pies.

We are better chance at Marvel than G but even though it is our home game it will not feel like with crowd support.

Match up and tactics important. Who plays on Nick Daicos and do we go with a hard tag? How to we protect the corridor?

Ins Buku, West
Outs Hannan, Poulter

Ed Richards doing a fitness test live on channel nine as we speak.

Playing in his grandfather's handball competition and if he wins he passes the fitness test and makes himself a certain starter for Friday.

I thought VDM was okay yesterday, it’s amazing how easy it is to hit a target running off half back. Literally the shittest kicks look okay back there.

Even with Red back we’re still short on run from JJ so VDM is still needed IMO. Id like to give Poults a few games so probs just Hannan & McNeil out and restructure a bit.

I thought VDM was okay yesterday, it’s amazing how easy it is to hit a target running off half back. Literally the shittest kicks look okay back there.

Even with Red back we’re still short on run from JJ so VDM is still needed IMO. Id like to give Poults a few games so probs just Hannan & McNeil out and restructure a bit.
I love a small back six that can run and carry. Happy to cop the odd big forward kicking a few as a result. Makes life easier for the forwards and if our mids apply pressure the weakness is somewhat mitigated.

Ed Richards doing a fitness test live on channel nine as we speak.

Playing in his grandfather's handball competition and if he wins he passes the fitness test and makes himself a certain starter for Friday.
Actually his great uncle was Lou. I think his grandfather was Ron Richards Lou’s brother?? Who is still a legendary player and selector for Collingwood. Ed’s father still barracks for the Pies. As I would still barrack for the Dogs if my son played for another team, I’d have to support them too.

Duryea is an interesting one.

Yes he’s not getting younger BUT I don’t think we have a smarter footballer in our backline than him

He is such a smart player knows when to go when not to, knows where to be when and he gives direction and calmness to the side

Tricky one as his pace has dropped off but he takes some opposition key players and does the job most times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he’s not getting younger BUT I don’t think we have a smarter footballer in our backline than him

He is such a smart player knows when to go when not to, knows where to be when and he gives direction and calmness to the side

Tricky one as his pace has dropped off but he takes some opposition key players and does the job most times.
Bev raved about his effort on the weekend.

He’s a year by year proposition now, but I’d think we’ll part with most of Crozier, Hannan, O’Brien, McComb, McLean, Bruce and Roarke this year (and maybe some others) so there’s no real pressure on Duryea in terms of list spots.

Bev raved about his effort on the weekend.

He’s a year by year proposition now, but I’d think we’ll part with most of Crozier, Hannan, O’Brien, McComb, McLean, Bruce and Roarke this year (and maybe some others) so there’s no real pressure on Duryea in terms of list spots.

From that list I’d keep McLean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What do we do with Bazlenka?

The three weeks he played as a genuine inside mid he was brilliant. Since then he has been underwhelming, especially the last couple of weeks.

Daniel went back and Macrae filled that role on the weekend.

I'm concerned about him.

What do we do with Bazlenka?

The three weeks he played as a genuine inside mid he was brilliant. Since then he has been underwhelming, especially the last couple of weeks.

Daniel went back and Macrae filled that role on the weekend.

I'm concerned about him.

I thought there were a few occasions yesterday where his efforts were nowhere near AFL level. When he has a bad game it’s pretty noticeable and puts a lot of pressure on our other mids to compensate.

But I think if we’re going to be any good later this year he’ll be an important part of it, so hopefully he can find his mojo.

He's also still better in the air than any of our other small defenders. If Richards returns this week that may change.

Out Hannan In West

If Red is ready great, out McNeil ? As sub then move VDM forward
I think I'd keep Hannan and West in same roles for this week. Not sure about West for 4 quarters against this team (Pies) when he was so impactful and energised in a last quarter burst. I can understand the push for promotion on that quarter but I think I'd wait for him to back that up again as sub this week then consider him for 4 quarters at the smaller SCG before pushing that button.

If Red is ready it's probably VDM, Poulter or McSteal. I think I'd leave Poulter out.

Overall, that's only 1 change from the Freo game and probably not a bad thing .... team continuity.

West definitely in and Hannan definitely out. The contrast between the two is enormous. I know West still has his detractors but he was one of the main reasons we kicked 7 in the last, also having Hannan on the bench was also a big contributor.
Hannan’s game the first time we played Port this year in ‘gather’ round sealed it for me, he then didn’t play when we were winning and has come back recently against North. It is no coincidence he goes off and we lift, he is actually negative influence out there. I have thought what if West was in for Hannan in 2021 Grang Final???

In: Ed, West
Out: Hannan, Duryea
Dureya is all everyone says. Smart experienced and also gets caught more than most.
Father time unfortunately. I would like my teeth and hair back also.
He is holding back Cleary,Raak and Baku.
And no other club has a retirement scheme like club Bevo.He was a great player 2 years ago.And at the Hawks.Now he does great things sometimes. But under Bev no way he goes out.

In Grandson of Ron ,Darcy

Out Lobb or Gardner and Hannan

West or McNeil to rotate as professional subs.Both impact.
Darcy to mind the big American. Or give Lobb 1 week rest to practice his catching.
And Caleb to go with Daicos.
No more like for like player in the AFL.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back