Prediction Changes Dogs V Saints 18/3/2023 Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope Garcia and West play mid. Might be the idea Hannan dropped other than being poor is to have more players that can rotate through the middle. The Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Treloar rotation isn't working. Need new blood in there. Get in Garcia, Mclean, & west through there too.

Also 1 of the thing bevo didn't do was put Daniel in the midfield. He could of stick a few of those tackles that the others couldn't.

Hope Garcia and West play mid. Might be the idea Hannan dropped other than being poor is to have more players that can rotate through the middle. The Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Treloar rotation isn't working. Need new blood in there. Get in Garcia, Mclean, & west through there too.
Hope so, West is not quick but his agility is elite, an attribute our other mids lack. Would be a point of difference for our mids

Big week for Toby McLean too. Might get a few mid rotation with Treloar out, but if not, needs to have a big impact up forward and around the ground. Hope he has a blinder and stays in the team

I thought Treloar was just cramp last week. Why didn't Bell mention him in the injury report? They had that dude who interviews players asking him questions, whats the good of that? Some pissweak attempt to make the injury report sound better? May as well not have the injury report at all. Bell at the end of it says "there you go Bulldogs fans", like he is doing everyone a great service taking 2 minutes out of his packed schedule. Treloar was obviously sore last week but we don't find out until they pick the side. Members deserve better.

I thought Treloar was just cramp last week. Why didn't Bell mention him in the injury report? They had that dude who interviews players asking him questions, whats the good of that? Some pissweak attempt to make the injury report sound better? May as well not have the injury report at all. Bell at the end of it says "there you go Bulldogs fans", like he is doing everyone a great service taking 2 minutes out of his packed schedule. Treloar was obviously sore last week but we don't find out until they pick the side. Members deserve better.

After our injury rate the last few years, he's lucky to still be there.

Agree though, just be upfront, don't p*** around and play games with the fans.

Big week for Toby McLean too. Might get a few mid rotation with Treloar out, but if not, needs to have a big impact up forward and around the ground. Hope he has a blinder and stays in the team

Very close to 100 games as well which will be a great achievement for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good changes, sucks about Treloar but anyway, more time for Baz inside who needs to step up and you’d think West or Garcia get some time in the middle too as we need rotations there now.

I really hope West gets a couple of CBs and does great.

Garcia & West had to play, I think Daniel goes forward from that team, maybe a bit tall in the backline but I’m happy to just bank in the 3 tall structure week to week and not be so reactionary about what the other teams doing. Let them worry about us.

Seeing Hannan and JJ dropped is an admission they should never have played last week. Were no where near ready for round 1 and those who missed out were miles ahead.

A good team on paper but needs to be a good team on ground

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it jj who had a 2 week calf injury for 14 weeks that they never updated?
There’s been a few bad blunders already and it’s round 1.

Weightman’s persistent groin issues that turned from a minor injury to a chronic long term issue is another one. Gardner fractured his elbow in the intraclub match and was sent back on the ground as well.

There's no way it can be just bad luck to have so many injuries every year. JJ out for 14 weeks with calf tightness is a good example. Weightman goes from a bit of groin "awareness" to now missing half the season. When is the club going to audit the conditioning staff and Docs?

They should just give them some AOD9604 she’ll be right.

There's no way it can be just bad luck to have so many injuries every year. JJ out for 14 weeks with calf tightness is a good example. Weightman goes from a bit of groin "awareness" to now missing half the season. When is the club going to audit the conditioning staff and Docs?
Weightman is another 3 or 4 weeks not half the season

Weightman is another 3 or 4 weeks not half the season
We don’t know that and I suspect the club doesn’t either. They’ll be ‘de-loading’ his training to relieve the groin issues now and hope to ramp it up again slowly. It’s clearly not a specific timeline injury.

We don’t know that and I suspect the club doesn’t either. They’ll be ‘de-loading’ his training to relieve the groin issues now and hope to ramp it up again slowly. It’s clearly not a specific timeline injury.
Not sure how you can say it's clearly not a specific timeline injury. There's no real way yo know that unless you have a crystal ball

There’s been a few bad blunders already and it’s round 1.

Weightman’s persistent groin issues that turned from a minor injury to a chronic long term issue is another one. Gardner fractured his elbow in the intraclub match and was sent back on the ground as well.
Lobb's ankle is the bigger concern - carries it all PS then they decide after round 1 to get the surgery. That's just plain mismanagement

West us a good in. I get the lack of pace and waiting to see him run both ways, but physically, especially in a 1v1 against seasoned players, he more than holds his own - tackles hard, bulldozes through tackles. I'm predicting (hoping!) he establishes himself as a fixture in the team by season's end.

JJ and Treloar both bad outs. I understand JJ is due to form and/or underdone, but used well, his pace and reading the play are still weapons. I still think he's better forward, but that's just my opinion. Those 2 are key line breakers, and with Dale, Richards and Bont the main ones to gain major meterage as run and/or kick offensively.

Debatable whether Jones plays, but if he does, surely Bruce plays forward and pinch hits in the ruck - Darcy still too slight for more than a few crashing CBA contests.

I know I mentioned it elsewhere, but Skinner seems to be contributing to some of the soft tissue and lower leg injuries. I don't have stats to compare to previous years, but if that's the case, coupled with the Lobb stuff up, considering the (alleged) pre-match known risk in round 1, and as others have pointed out, the frequent outright BS on injuries/medical updates, and protracted absences which the club seem well aware when it emerges later, fans are entitled to be p*ssed off. And IF the Picken allegations have substance, with Landsberger gone, I can't see how Zimmerman and probably Bell survive. There's reports many doctors across the AFL are disillusioned, but while the legal action is recent, the long-term effects were already publicised before Picken finished his career. Whether a coach and/or medical staff have pressured a player to return to the field when still exhibiting - or feeling - concussion symptoms, I suspect the fallout will be significant. There have been concerns around our medical management of players for years, and recently shifted to (possibly) over-correction by initially stating an absence of a few weeks, which mysteriously(!) extend to a prolonged absence. Are we alone in this practice? Is it medical staff suddenly trying to ar5e-cover? I can't see it ending happily - for us, and across the board.

Anyway, that's my 2-bobs worth, hopefully we win, and win well, no (new!) injuries, inclusions contribute, and we see an improved performance onfield and in the box.

Woof, woof, woof!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back