Prediction Changes Dogs V Saints 18/3/2023 Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

McNeil would be a decent sub, but I have a bad feeling it might be R McComb....

Get JJ back on a HBF where he and his run belongs and have Caleb delivering to our forwards on a forward flank..
His turnover when back there in the Dees game is exactly why he can no longer play in defence. His composure is just not there anymore. It's been AWOL since Sydney broke his soul.

Is it poor communication from the dogs medical team, poor management, or something else going on? Lobb could of initially had an injection in the preseason that wasn't worth communicating to supporters. Obviously it didn't work thus the surgery later. Surgery is usually a option if other options don't work.

If West didn't have the familiar relationship with a club great he just wouldn't draw the level of discussion that he has in here.

He'd be lumped in with McNeil, McComb, Jones, Vandermeer, McComb, Raak Baker and all the other guys who make up the 30-42 section of our list.

Having said that, as I understand it he had an interrupted pre-season so that may explain why he wasn't selected last week.
West was pinned as a 1st round pick for some time in his draft year, and was a very promising junior. So not really fair to lump him in with the mcCombs of this world.

Lobb's ankle is the bigger concern - carries it all PS then they decide after round 1 to get the surgery. That's just plain mismanagement
He’s supposedly been carrying it for 4 years not just preseason.
Go figure. 🤔

His turnover when back there in the Dees game is exactly why he can no longer play in defence. His composure is just not there anymore. It's been AWOL since Sydney broke his soul.
He's okish but others have clearly overtaken him as rebounders. Richards and Dale are pretty well in front of him at this point, and I'd rather send Williams back then have JJ there.

He's okish but others have clearly overtaken him as rebounders. Richards and Dale are pretty well in front of him at this point, and I'd rather send Williams back then have JJ there.
JJ has not been an automatic selection for a while now. He will never return to being a running half back that has long gone.

He MAY work his way into a small forward position but needs some form to show this.

That he was selected after an interrupted pre season ahead of those who performed well in the intra club and North really was an indictment on the selection committee. The only selection worse for similar reasons was Hannan.

Shock horror they were liabilities, at least this time it has been acknowledged

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pace is no longer a weapon for JJ, couldn't tell you the last time he broke a line.
He’s still quick but I just think he doesn’t know how to utilise it at HF. We saw similar with Richards up there it’s just a lot different to the other side of the ground where you’re able to use your pace in space a lot easier.

I’d like to see him go back to half back in the 2s and try and regain his confidence there. Moving Daniel out of the backline there is still space for another small with pace off half back and it’s almost more important than ever in the modern game, both offensively and defensively - Dale, Richards and an in-form JJ would cut teams up. So long as the other 4 defenders are defensive minded that would be fine IMO.

He just has zero confidence in his game at the moment though, I was all for the forward move but it just hasn’t worked for him.

He’s still quick but I just think he doesn’t know how to utilise it at HF. We saw similar with Richards up there it’s just a lot different to the other side of the ground where you’re able to use your pace in space a lot easier.

I’d like to see him go back to half back in the 2s and try and regain his confidence there. Moving Daniel out of the backline there is still space for another small with pace off half back and it’s almost more important than ever in the modern game, both offensively and defensively - Dale, Richards and an in-form JJ would cut teams up. So long as the other 4 defenders are defensive minded that would be fine IMO.

He just has zero confidence in his game at the moment though, I was all for the forward move but it just hasn’t worked for him.

JJ is a worry - needs to kick small bags if plays forward

100%

I don’t understand why people are still talking about JJ. I haven’t had him as best 22 for years. 2016 he wins the Norm Smith and since then ……. NOTHING.
He has been with us all those years and is a senior experienced player who should be well familiar with how to influence games, show leadership and drag other players along with him. But NOTHING.
I love him as a premiership hero but he has been coasting for years and is gifted games. He needs to show something.

I don’t understand why people are still talking about JJ. I haven’t had him as best 22 for years. 2016 he wins the Norm Smith and since then ……. NOTHING.
He has been with us all those years and is a senior experienced player who should be well familiar with how to influence games, show leadership and drag other players along with him. But NOTHING.
I love him as a premiership hero but he has been coasting for years and is gifted games. He needs to show something.
Charles Sutton Medal:

2017 - 2nd
2018 - 7th
2019 - 4th

To say he’s done nothing after 2016 is grossly unfair.

Charles Sutton Medal:

2017 - 2nd
2018 - 7th
2019 - 4th

Yeah the rewriting of history on JJs form post 2016 is hilarious.

Yeah he struggled a little with a bit of extra attention, I’d say the majority of good half backs do after teams start putting more work into them. But he was on of our best experienced players during those lean years post granny

Charles Sutton Medal:

2017 - 2nd
2018 - 7th
2019 - 4th

Fair points about the CSM finishes.
I still stand by my belief that JJ is not best 22 anymore based on recent output and I don’t think I am alone in believing that when Bulldog fans are thinking about who is going to drag us over the line it’s a very long list if you have JJs name on it.

Fair points about the CSM finishes.
I still stand by my belief that JJ is not best 22 anymore based on recent output and I don’t think I am alone in believing that when Bulldog fans are thinking about who is going to drag us over the line it’s a very long list if you have JJs name on it.
It sucks to say but there’s probably only three or four on the list you can genuinely say would pull us over the line. I’d have Bont, Libba, Naughton and maybe Bailey Smith (in the future) on that list.

It sucks to say but there’s probably only three or four on the list you can genuinely say would pull us over the line. I’d have Bont, Libba, Naughton and maybe Bailey Smith (in the future) on that list.
Marra? Clutch goal against Melbourne last year.
He's a kid so that effort won't be trusted very often at this stage of his career, but in time he'll nail those moments more regularly

Marra? Clutch goal against Melbourne last year.
He's a kid so that effort won't be trusted very often at this stage of his career, but in time he'll nail those moments more regularly
Yeah could make a case for him in the future I guess. He definitely sits in the Bailey Smith category of seeing it in the future but maybe not this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back