Prediction Changes Dogs V Pies Friday 7 July Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it’s not in vogue but surely we tag Daicos. Or atleast try to do it. Just can’t let a bloke get 35 and kick 2 like every other team does.

Smith in a run with role?

We know Bevo doesn’t pure tag, nor do many other coaches tbf. But asking Smith to run with him might be an option. Not sure we have anyone else to do it.

I know it’s not in vogue but surely we tag Daicos. Or atleast try to do it. Just can’t let a bloke get 35 and kick 2 like every other team does.

His tank is almost too good atm.
And also too smart.
But I’d go Bazlenka or Treloar. Not sure we can just let him run around alone.

In: Richards, West
Out: Vandameer, Hannan
If Richards not fit then just the one change

I wonder if West could play a role on Daicos, not necessarily a hard tag but could try and keep him accounatable and earn his kicks.

Would be shocked if we put much attention into Daicos. We rarely do for anyone.

And Baz can run with Daicos all day but he might be the least defensively accountable player we have. I don’t think Daicos would sweat much on that one.

Boys, I am member coming down from Brisbane. Am I just okay to produce my barcode/card to get in or do I have to do something else? Cheers, BDOG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys, I am member coming down from Brisbane. Am I just okay to produce my barcode/card to get in or do I have to do something else? Cheers, BDOG

Are you a home match day member?

I'd bring in Artie.

Collingwood love that run and gun style off half back, I think we need all the fasty, speedy pressure players we can select.
Has he found some form in the VFL? If not, I'd leave him out.

Your point stands though with speedy smalls required in the forward line as their Hbs and wings are very quick. I think that counts against West starting but not coming on as sub as he did against Freo.

McSteal is quick, VDM quick, Hannan not lightning but quicker than West. I think one of Hannan or Poulter miss out if Red's available and the choice might depend on how they want use use VDM.

think it might be sold out or close to already...?

If you're trying to rock up using your card only, I'd get there super early.

Pies have been attracting massive crowds this year

I'd bring in Artie.

Collingwood love that run and gun style off half back, I think we need all the fasty, speedy pressure players we can select.
6 possessions and 1 tackle in the 2’s on Saturday. I know Artie seems to play better in the 1’s but you can’t possibly bring him in on those numbers.

A lot calling for Hannan out. Despite his deficiencies he went really hard. Can't see him being dropped.

Same with Lobb. At half time I was saying to my mate that he was an absolute bust. But he worked his way into the game and was instrumental in the last third of the game. Stays in.

I also think we're better with Artie in the team but he seems to have lost some confidence since the Port game.

Out: Vandermeer In: Richards if fit.

Otherwise no change.

Naughton played a very selfless game against Fremantle. At times he dragged Alex Pearce out of our forward line and I think that allowed Jamarra to really flourish.

Darcy Moore is clearly a smarter player than Alex Pearce but I suspect the plan will be similar. I imagine the match ups in our forward line will look something like:

Moore to Naughton
Murphy to Jamarra
Maynard/Quaynor to Weightman
Frampton to Lobb

Which means one of Quaynor/Maynard won’t really have a match up, nor will Howe.

It’s going to be tricky, Collingwood have an extra tall defender on Fremantle which I think is going to mean we will need to be creative. It wouldn’t shock me to see Bontempelli spend more time forward to stretch their defence, or bringing in one of Buku or Raak and going slightly smaller in defence. Not sure we can make many changes to last weeks backline and I’m already assuming Ed plays.

Fun times ahead.

Naughton played a very selfless game against Fremantle. At times he dragged Alex Pearce out of our forward line and I think that allowed Jamarra to really flourish.

Darcy Moore is clearly a smarter player than Alex Pearce but I suspect the plan will be similar. I imagine the match ups in our forward line will look something like:

Moore to Naughton
Murphy to Jamarra
Maynard/Quaynor to Weightman
Frampton to Lobb

Which means one of Quaynor/Maynard won’t really have a match up, nor will Howe.

It’s going to be tricky, Collingwood have an extra tall defender on Fremantle which I think is going to mean we will need to be creative. It wouldn’t shock me to see Bontempelli spend more time forward to stretch their defence, or bringing in one of Buku or Raak and going slightly smaller in defence. Not sure we can make many changes to last weeks backline and I’m already assuming Ed plays.

Fun times ahead.
A few doubts on whether Maynard will play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back