Forged in Fire documentary on 9

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, 2013 we were smashed, which made the 5-0 sweep later in the year so good.

I don't think 2013 was a smashing. 3-0 result but the first test could've gone either way, and a lot of sessions were washed out throughout the series. The second test at Lord's was the only dominant England victory.

2013/14 was an absolute smashing, though. :)

They did an awesome job with reverse swing. I’m surprised there was no mention of Bracken’s and Trethscothick’s later comments regarding the use of mints to shine the ball.

To be fair, 2013 we were smashed, which made the 5-0 sweep later in the year so good.

I thought that typified how matey we were that series. Sure, when your having a beer after the game congratulate him, but not during a tight test match IMO. Compare our chummy attitude in 2005 with Border’s frosty attitude in 1989 and it sets the tone for our aggressive brand of cricket, which is when we play our best.

I think they had blown the budget by then and had to wrap things up quickly, hence ignoring anything after 2006-07.
Australia wasn’t smashed in England. Should have won 2 of those 3 losses. Freaking spell by broad in the fourth test stopped that chance. They didn’t capitalise on a great start in the first test. Drew two tests they should have won and got flogged at lords

Yeah but I think it's a great symbol even if it is a cap.

Me too. It's more about what it signifies, playing for Australia, that the actual item itself. Warnie doesn't like it because he thinks it makes him look unattractive.

Poms are just jealous, our baggy green is better than their...er... blue cap thingy ;)

Me too. It's more about what it signifies, playing for Australia, that the actual item itself. Warnie doesn't like it because he thinks it makes him look unattractive.

Poms are just jealous, our baggy green is better than their...er... blue cap thingy ;)

While they don't revere it as much. I think the St. George blue cap is iconic.

While they don't revere it as much. I think the St. George blue cap is iconic.

Yeah, just having a bot of a laugh. Didn't know it was called the St George blue cap though.

It all just boils down to the pride you take in playing for your country which still seems very strong for the English and the Australians which is good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back