Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t disagree that Neale would have been a better choice than Suban on the day, but if he is, or ever was, dirty about that, he needs grow up. He was a 2nd year player, in his 23rd game - not sure how many he started as the sub or was subbed out.

In light of that - whatever his beef was with the club, I doubt it was being sub in GF day.

Was he though? This commonly gets stated but facts are Neale was a second year mid who was clearly in our bottom six at the time. What he became afterwards means **** all when talking about the 2013 GF. We lost because our second tall forward was non existent and poor goalkicking.

Anyway sounds like Neale had to present the medal to himself. Presenting himself a medal really does suit him tbh.

Was he though? This commonly gets stated but facts are Neale was a second year mid who was clearly in our bottom six at the time. What he became afterwards means **** all when talking about the 2013 GF. We lost because our second tall forward was non existent and poor goalkicking.

Anyway sounds like Neale had to present the medal to himself. Presenting himself a medal really does suit him tbh.
Yeah that’s what I’m saying. Doubt that had anything to do with it for him leaving.
In terms of choosing the wrong sub in the GF - eh, we’ll never know. Maybe we win, maybe we don’t. But comparing 2015+ Neale to 23-gamer 2nd year Neale is just crazy talk.

Nah he was already better than Suban at that point.

Not a thread to include a non fremantle player. Head to the Brisbane forums and take your crap trades with you.

I wouldn't call legitimate a team who didn't have to leave their own state and a shortened season forcing teams to sit in QLD for 6 weeks at a time legitimate.
I'd still call it legitimate, but someone like Petracca could rightly feel hard done by. Only 3 games in Melbourne all against other Melbourne teams then having to travel all around Australia for the rest of the year.

Not even close from my memory. I was never Suban’s biggest fan either. In fact if you were to go back to my posts from 2012 onwards regarding Suban I doubt you’d find anything positive.

There was 10+ other reasons that had a greater influence on us losing the Grand Final than who was sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wasn’t the point. Neale should’ve replaced de Boer or Suttclife. But honestly that’s tough. His what. 2nd year? Suban was needed in the GF, definitely.
Neale did play in the QF and had a solid game. Was surprised he loss his role after that. He was sub in both Prelim and GF. His last quarter was fantastic and left a big what if.

That wasn’t the point. Neale should’ve replaced de Boer or Suttclife. But honestly that’s tough. His what. 2nd year? Suban was needed in the GF, definitely.
Neale did play in the QF and had a solid game. Was surprised he loss his role after that. He was sub in both Prelim and GF. His last quarter was fantastic and left a big what if.

I’ve still got the GF on record but can’t bring myself to watch it but I seem to remember Clarke was terrible could have done worse than replace him.

I’ve still got the GF on record but can’t bring myself to watch it but I seem to remember Clarke was terrible could have done worse than replace him.
He did replace him in the last. Wish the sub rule wasn’t around at the time. But gee Clarke was awful. Wished we had Kepler.

I don't begrudge Lachie winning the Brownlow. He was a star before he went to Brisbane and he made the most of the hand his team was dealt this year in the way he polled votes.

I don't know what others think but if an employer was offering me a godfather offer of over a million bucks a year to move over east to kick a ball around, be the number one man in a midfield, and do this with little to no local media scrutiny, I'd jump on that too.

We'd probably be winning more games at the moment if he was still wearing the chevrons, but we've set ourselves up well from his departure. Our list is much more balanced in terms of structure (Hogan/Lobb) and we've drafted some promising young talent (Sturt/Valente) with picks directly/indirectly resultant from that trade. We traded him at almost his highest possible value - can't really complain about that kind of return for a former pick 58.

Brayshaw/Cerra/Serong wouldn't all be playing together in the midfield and wouldn't have the responsibilities they have now if Lachie was still with us. Serong has stepped seamlessly into the void Lachie left & the stats show that he's projecting to be a better player in the future once he matures.

We're better off without Lachie if we want sustained success. Let's hope we win a premiership before he does.

Last edited:
Number 1 midfielder or part of the best midfield? (not Freo but best in the AFL)

If a player wants team success then go with the latter not the former if you have the choice. I am sure the Brisbane Fab 4 didn't care who was top dog provided they won Premierships.

I don't claim to know why Lachy left but if it was to be number 1 he just might have taken a dead end trip.

Another thing (sorry for posting 3 in a row), but he said it was team success and winning games that gets you a Brownlow.

Nat Fyfe 2019 says hello.

I’m sure we all remember Fyfe ragdolling him in a one-on-one just outside the square that led to a goal. Brisbane lost by a point. Could that have been the difference, perhaps?

Whether or not you like the way Neale left or how he's been since he left, there's no doubt that he 100% deserved a Brownlow, the guy was easily the best player all year. He comes off as entitled? So what? This game lacks character from players, I wish more players would be cocky, he's good and he knows it. I'd still love to see the guy win a flag at some point.

Whether or not you like the way Neale left or how he's been since he left, there's no doubt that he 100% deserved a Brownlow, the guy was easily the best player all year. He comes off as entitled? So what? This game lacks character from players, I wish more players would be cocky, he's good and he knows it. I'd still love to see the guy win a flag at some point.
It's amazing the mentality of some posters on here. Blind Freddy can tell that we gave away Lachie so we could get Jesse. Rather than be annoyed at the club for making a stupid decision they'd rather have a crack at an individual player for stupid bulshit when all that matters is performance on field. There's no irony in the fact that the people having a crack at Lachie are the same ones defending Jesse.

He can't be the only player that's noticed that we care more about draft picks than winning games of football lately.

Him winning a Brownlow just proves that the club made a stupid decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back